• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

I have to admit I haven't been keeping up-to-date with all the latest news on Amy but I just watched that video that was posted on the Sun's website and I don't know what to think. I want to support Amy in everything she does but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to stick up for her and to continue caring about her when she doesn't seem to care about herself.

We all know about her battle with eating disorders and drugs and I feel for her, I really do. For a while I thought she was getting better - she put on abit of weight and seemed to have her life under abit more control but now after this video has come to light I really don't know what to think.

I love her music. I have both her albums and listen to them regularly. I think she has such an incredible talent, especially for writing songs. But she just doesn't seem to care. Taking 6 valium, smoking crack and snorting cocaine and ecstasy - what? in one night! - is fucking ridiculous. Does she have a death wish? I used to get really irritated when people would slag her off. I'd always defend her, even though I don't even know her, but I don't know if I can be bothered anymore.

I honestly think she's going to die this year. I don't want her to. I want her to get better. But I'm getting evermore frustrated at her attitude to destroy herself. She's 24? She has her whole life ahead of her. She could carry on writing and singing for years, make millions and have a really happy life but she seems determined to screw it all up for herself.

I know she has an addiction, but when someone won't even TRY to get better -- I lose alot of sympathy and patience for them.

#2 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

and I'm sorry if this upsets anyone. It's just what I'm thinking. Pen to paper and all that.
I am NOT a fortune teller. ;)

#3 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

I understand what you mean, but a drug addicts thought process is not the most reliable thing. She's gotta want to and she will also have to be forced all at the same time. Because when those cravings hit...oh boy...*sigh*

#4 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

she is on the last part of that downward spiral she has been on for a good time now, it IS clear to see, and i dont see how people can deny it
if she doesnt get her shot together or someone gets her by her newly blonde locks and bangs her head against a wall
she will die, i dont want her too, i love her far too much, but it doesnt look like she is able to turn around and begin to climb back up
numerous times we thought she was on the right track, but no, she now appears to be further down than ever before
she really really does need help, and even removing herself from the dickheads who recorded and sold the video would be a big help to her

im gnna see wht they have to say on the news, itv, in a few mins, about it
she just doesnt seem tog ive a shot and it really pisses me off her neglect for her own welfare, and the fact she doesnt care

#5 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

I totally understand she has an addiction... oh I don't know.
I want her to get better. I really do! but it seems that every week there's an even more worrying article about her than the week before, y'know. And I just think that soon an article will be printed that she died from an OD.

#6 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

You make a great point, Wino. I don't understand her, either and why she's pissing her life away...its a wonder she didn't overdose. That's a helluva lot of drugs in her small body.

#7 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

she just doesnt seem tog ive a shot and it really pisses me off her neglect for her own welfare, and the fact she doesnt care

that's what's pissing me off the most aswell!!! :hithead:

#8 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

apparently she HAS gone into rehab now this video has been released

#9 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, I was always willing to look the other way, make myself believe that all this crap surrounding her is blown out of proportions, but having it all on the video... I didn't watch it, I don't have the guts, but others' comments were more than enough. I hate it that I care so much, that it relly gets me, like it's about a close friend, or a family member.

#10 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

I agree with you, she's totally out of control, and making no sense anymore. I don't think she can make any sound decicions for her own well being...

#11 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

No, I dont think so either. Free will be damned. She's not making the decisions, her addiction is.

#12 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

^ Ain't that the truth! Now lock her ass in a room until this shit is out of her system!

#13 Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

Anything to make her see how dangerous and serious her situation is.

#14 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

i understand all of your concerns and i was disappointed and sad aswell but still i think it shouldn't be our business, i never really cared about private lives of artists. and because of that none of us should talk about death, that is just as sad.

#15 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

Because you think it shouldn't be our business and never really cared about private lives of artists we shouldn't talk about death?? *raises left eyebrow*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users