#10261 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

Anyone know if Amy really wrote this letter? :)

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#10262 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Doesn't look like her writing! Think her writing is more 'loopy' and rounded than that (if you get what i mean!)
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10263 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yes this is what I think too. Looks like a writing man! ;)

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#10264 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I saw pics, but not now...I think server is down....Sorry.

NOT GUILTY! ;)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I don't understand the huge watermarks in the middle of a picture (when it's not even their property). If anything, they make me not want to visit the whatever site it's supposed to be.

There's a group on FB doing this. They've helped themselves to images from this site, too, including personal ones of our tattoos etc. I own the copyright on all my tattoos, because I design them myself for the most part. I had to threaten them with a lawsuit to get them off, but they're still taking pics from here and watermarking them.

I can only hope Alamy and co sue, then they might learn something.

#10265 masterac

masterac

Affected . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Sorry if I'm being a totally ignorant newby, but who's Juliette???

#10266 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Juliette Ashby - Amy's best friend from school! She is also a singer / songwriter and her and Amy had a little pop duo going on called Sweet and Sour when they were younger.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10267 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

There's a group on FB doing this. They've helped themselves to images from this site, too, including personal ones of our tattoos etc. I own the copyright on all my tattoos, because I design them myself for the most part. I had to threaten them with a lawsuit to get them off, but they're still taking pics from here and watermarking them.

They have a lot of nerve indeed. Not to be a hypocrite since we've all posted a lot of Amy's images here without sourcing them, but claiming them as your property? Come on now. Not only illegal, it's totally unnecessary and rude.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#10268 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

I understand....You know, I manage an Amy Facebook page and I post the photos I collect WITHOUT watermarks....I was thinking of putting the watermark of the photographer but I don't know if this is right....I hate watermarks and especially the big ones and the inappropriate ones...

#10269 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

They have a lot of nerve indeed. Not to be a hypocrite since we've all posted a lot of Amy's images here without sourcing them, but claiming them as your property? Come on now. Not only illegal, it's totally unnecessary and rude.

It is so annoying! I edit and post a lot of Amy pics on Tumblr and it's insane how many people do the same but plaster their blog url all over the picture! Fortunately none are quite as obnoxious as the AWL thing. That infuriates me every time I see it. You collect some pictures of a celebrity and put them on Facebook and suddenly you think you own them? Crazy.

Wow. While I was thinking about it, I just visited their FB page and saw a ton of pictures taken from my Tumblr with their watermark plastered across them. SO ANNOYING.

Edited by what'sinsideher, 08 March 2012 - 06:42 PM.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10270 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I guess people on tumblr do it when they edit the pictures so they consider it "their work", but I still have the same reaction to these things as you do. I can understand with edited pictures/your own gifs, to some extent, because some people really put some nice effort in it and tumblr has its fair share of stealers too so people are trying to protect "their work" in a way.
But otherwise, you're like what, taking pride in the fact you've mastered Google search or something. I don't get it.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#10271 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

I dunno what you are talking about..

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10272 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I guess people on tumblr do it when they edit the pictures so they consider it "their work", but I still have the same reaction to these things as you do. I can understand with edited pictures/your own gifs, to some extent, because some people really put some nice effort in it and tumblr has its fair share of stealers too so people are trying to protect "their work" in a way.
But otherwise, you're like what, taking pride in the fact you've mastered Google search or something. I don't get it.

Oh, I agree about that. I don't put them on mine because I would just feel weird about it but I have no problem with the discreet ones. There are a lot posted here that are discreet, you hardly even see them. But there are plenty that just have this huge, blaring text that ruins the picture, for me at least, like AWLs.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10273 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I would agree about the massive ones stamped over the picture. It completely ruins the picture. Wanna see Amy not some initials or a name!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10274 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

I dunno what you are talking about..

We are talking about the annoying watermarks on the pictures....

#10275 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

We are talking about the annoying watermarks on the pictures....

Ah ok..but I think like I did too..on my work that I DID it's normal to put watermarks I think.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hi everyone, hugs, kisses, lovely, page 351 # 3510+11, pics

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)