488 replies to this topic

#1 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

So this has happened to me many times so I thought it might be a cool thread.

What are some of the most random times you heard Amy's songs, when you totally weren't expecting it?

Friday night I was at a bar on Sunset blvd and this guy drives by on one of those big motorcycles you know the kind with stereo systems and stuff and he's got Tears Dry blasting on that thing. I turned really fast and practically screamed "AMY!!" and pointed at the guy aaahahaa it was funny. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when that happens. It always brightens my day
  • HermanLiela likes this
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#2 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:29 PM

probably on tv. I can't remember any right now, but in some films or shows i would have never expect to hear amy in.
The week before and after the grammy's she was everywhere over here, and you couldn't get into a music store without hearing her record playing. That was very cool. ...and unexpected.
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#3 Byron

Byron

I do a 180

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

Oh my god, I love things like this!
Its happened to me loads. Im trying to think of the times where it really sticks out.
Tears Dry is deffo and popular one, its perfect if your driving somewhere, and need to blast a good tune, as your cruising. I have heard Tears in loads of places, TV everything.
I went on a special team lunch at work to this pub down the road, and they had this mixed CD playing, and helpyourself came one, man I went mental, Im serious. Where would you expect to hear that, I went on and on about it, and my colleague James, couldnt understand why I was so happy!!!
I was on the train once with my Mum going to see my Sister and this bloke opisite us had the B2B album on his Ipod, loud. I looked at him, pointed to me ears, and put my thumbs up to him, love it!!!
Once is enough to make me attack!

#4 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

i was once in Pizza hut with some friends and they had like a really shit mix CD they'd obviously made playing.....and then October Song came on!!! i just started jumping around ....that was really weird coz its not a song youd expect to her of Amy's in a public place! They obviously had an Amy fan working there!
Posted Image

#5 MissGuitar85

MissGuitar85

I observe, I don't chase

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

At a cell phone store i heard help yourself? i hadn't heard that song but i knew it was her and whispered to my mom amy! :)and she was like what? i just kept listening to the song.8-/ I love things like that too.
:music:Yeah I'm listening

#6 WinehouseFAN08

WinehouseFAN08

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:44 PM

They always play rehab or valerie on the radio recently,, so whenever it comes on I tell all my friends that its a sign,,! they look at me like I'm mad,,! x x 8-/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tonight the light of love is in your eyes.. Will you love me tomorrow?

&&WithEverydayThatPasses.. IMissYouALittleBitMore..10/3/09..ILoveYouLudo

WeWillBeTogetherAgainSoon

#7 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

Nice thread!

there was this time, when i went out with my friends to a club called Lux here in Lisbon, that we were all dancing, and then "ain't no mountain high enough" starts and i was disapointed because i thought it was amy's, but then started "tears dry on their own" and everybody starts singing and dancing...i was like "NO!it cant be"...I just loved it...that made my night!

and there was this another time, back in may when amy came here to rock in rio, the day after her performance, i started noticing that despite the messy appearance, everybody was buying her cd's and listening to her. this made me realize that Amy can really get to people, it is not the fact that she does drugs and drinks that intrigues us is the emotion that she transfers to us with her lyrics, the tone of her voice...
what i'm trying to say is that she makes real music, and Amy can make us feel what she felt/feels through her music, she's is FUCKING amazing.;-)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#8 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

oh yay. this happened to me loads aswell. probs the one i rememebr most is tv and when i was walking through the shopping centre by mine lol i love it when i hear amy when im out and about :D
Posted Image
I have been in love with Amy Winehouse since 1st January 2007

#9 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

in several high end department stores, several times...Me and Mr Jones ("fuckery" and everything lol), YKING. walking by a wino bar, B2B was blaring with several patrons singing along lol.

#10 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:41 PM

in several high end department stores, several times...Me and Mr Jones ("fuckery" and everything lol), YKING. walking by a wino bar, B2B was blaring with several patrons singing along lol.

that would be cool . wish they would play her songs at the stores were i shop at :)
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#11 SueWahoo

SueWahoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

Unexpected Amy: Where I work, in a grocery store. On the flip side, whenever it's time for a break or lunch, I go outside, sit in my car and blast music (mainly Amy). Quite often, customers or other workers will come up to the car and say: Hey, I kinda like that, who is it? I know when I say Amy Winehouse, some of them might roll their eyes because of all the gossip that they hear but I insist that they really have to give her a listen and ignore the other stuff. What's neat is that the people who say that they like the sound are all different ages and I like that.
SueWahoo, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Oct 2007.

#12 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

i was at the royal adelaide show which is like a farm show with rollercoasters and rides and showbags, ahaha and they had amy posters in all the show bag stands!
i was like yayyyy!
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#13 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

I just heard the jazz intro from Frank on a tv promo.
  • JadedHearts likes this
Posted Image

#14 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

i was at the royal adelaide show which is like a farm show with rollercoasters and rides and showbags, ahaha and they had amy posters in all the show bag stands!
i was like yayyyy!

cool wish I was there
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#15 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:46 PM

I heard Stronger Than Me at an Old Navy, an almost, almost jumped up and down, almost, haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users