488 replies to this topic

#16 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

I watch Gossip Girl (LOVE it - my guilty pleasure), and in one episode they had B2B playing for ages in one scene. It started really loud, and faded slightly when the characters began talking. It was cool, b/c I don't think B2B was released as a single over here.

Also, we watch Corrie (9 months behind, grrrr) and they are always playing B2B or Tears on the Rovers jukebox or the radio in the factory or Roy's caff.

I was shopping in my local mall about a month ago, when I heard Just Friends, which I thought was kind of a random song to be playing.

At my local independent record store, which is very 'hip' - whatever - they were playing Frank the other week. I was shocked - normally they only play really 'cool' stuff, which no-one has ever heard of. Has anyone ever seen the film 'High Fidelity' with John Cusack and Jack Black? Well, the staff are like Jack Black. So, that was random, and a nice surprise.

Edited by Lainey, 07 September 2008 - 10:50 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#17 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

I heard Amy at Nordstrom's at the mall here once, don't remember which song it was.

And I remember I heard Amy at the mall in Hammersmith, London, when I went to her concert at the Hammersmith Apollo theater last November.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#18 Jaede~

Jaede~

Fanks Daaaarling~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

I hear amy everywhere in the the shops I walk into and I get so happy Im all like YAY!!!! AMY!!! I heard Know you now at marshalls, Wake up alone at Icing, He can only hold her at loehmanns, Back to black at victoria secret and at the gym but at the gym it was a remixed version, and then I saw someone blasting rehab out of their car. Im blessed to hear her at so many places so many times. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

when i was on holiday in devon last week, me and my friend loz was in a pub where they play live music every night and this really good acoustic duo where playing, i was missing the forum obvs, not having any info on amy!
all of a sudden i hear them sayinng next where gonna do back to black, it was quite a small pub aswell so it had a really intimate atmosphere and i stood up and started going 'wooooo' you know the usual, and the man was like we have an amy fan i was like yessss i love amy, then he started making jokes about her!! and i told him to shut up and he said shes a reason not to take drugs, she looks like a horse, and i started boo'ing him and told him to get on with the music or get off the stage and he apologised :) and i enjoyed the song lots
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#20 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:41 PM

i also love listening to amy on my ipod when the bus is really packed, because i just sit there smiling to myself a big grin, people must think im crazy but i cant help but smile
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#21 thelovetheydeserve

thelovetheydeserve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

i heard cupid in Guess, and then i left and went to H&M and cupid was playing in there too. That was funny.

I hear valerie in like every store.
Posted Image

#22 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

I don't recall ever hearing her at a store, but I did used to work at this music store and I'd always put her CD's in the player. It was one of those 6-disc changers and we'd have 6 CDs in there on shuffle so whenever an Amy song came on I'd be like "finally!" and start dancing and/or singing along. Then a customer would come up to buy concert tickets or some crap and I would get really annoyed that I couldn't dance around and sing. lol
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#23 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:14 AM

The other day I heard He can only hold her playing in the grocery store.
Mike from NY, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#24 Byron

Byron

I do a 180

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

Oh yeah cupid, I went to another pub with my Mum, Dad and cousin for Sunday carvery and I was sitting outside smoking and my mum popped her head out of the door and was like "can you hear it" "Its Amy and Cupid" I was well chuffed with that.
I also love it when we hear Amy in shops, my 7 year old neice is like Oh I love this song!!!
Once is enough to make me attack!

#25 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

Mainly on tv. Sometimes they only play the intro of a song or something so most people probably don't know it's Amy, but after the first second I'm like "Woohooo that's Amy!!!".

I heard Back To Black in a shop once, and I've just been standing there listening and pretending to be looking at things (to make sure my friends wouldn't leave already) until the song was over and then I left the shop.

Also when I was on the Eurostar from London to Brussels, when I was on my way home from one of Amy's gigs, I saw someone a bit further in the train handing a copy of BTB to someone else. I was going to put my thumb up but they didn't look.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#26 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

yesterday i went to a pub with my friends and "in my bed" was on, we all started to sing it (Frank cd was on).
We all love Amy, i don't have problems talking about Amy with my friends, cause we all recognise she is amazingB-)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#27 holly89

holly89

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:27 PM

When I went shopping I heard Amys song with that girl from sugarbabes (Mutiya or somthing!) twice in 2 different shops which I thought was strange
holly89, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Mar 2008.

#28 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

an old women's clothing store where i went to[not cos i'm an old lady] played AMy- every other song was from btb, then the rest were old soul classics. i stayed there longer than i should have!

#29 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

Friday night I was at this HUGE bicycle ride in LA where hundreds of riders get together and cruise the streets of LA. Well a guy had speakers on the back of his bike and he had some Amy songs in there!! I was so excited I rode up to him and told him he made my whole night haha.
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#30 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:59 PM

i heard it in the common room (at college) the other day
turned it up really loud really really loud :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users