488 replies to this topic

#466 ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

I'm not arrogant, just honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Oh, didn't know that this thread does exist...
On Amy's Birthday I was on a party of a friend of mine and I was talking with a girl, we talked a bit about music (I always talk about music) and she admitted that she has no clue about music and doesn't like music very much (wtf??? :D ), she said she just know the ones like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga etc. but that she doesn't like that kind of music...and then she said that when she would be on a lonely Island and she would be forced to hear music, she would choose Amy Winehouse, because she is the only one who really moves her...It's the first time in my life that somebody praises Amy, and I didn't really choose to talk about her or the person I talked with knew that I love Amy...and that on her birthday!!!!

btw, the girl didn't know that it was Amys Birthday, so it was coincidence...or it was Amy :)

#467 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

The first song I've heard in the United Kingdom was Rehab. It was playing in one of airport's shops when we passed trough. We felt like Amy welcomed us in London. :-)

V.Melnyk

#468 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Again, my gym instructor chose to finish her class with Amy, this time "Stronger Than Me". :) Will ask her next time I see her if she's a fan! Aand also after arriving home, one of my friends told me he was listening to Amy and thought of me... definitely nice way to end my day, remembering her!
Posted Image

#469 ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

I'm not arrogant, just honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

On Friday I watched a crime thriller from 2012 on TV...in scene they had to detect in a shabby pub and in the corner sat a man who was reading the paper, I couldn't see much, because he wasnt very long on the screen, but I clearly could recognize that on the paper was an article about Amy! There was a huge picture of her, maybe from the Grammy performance...I was so mixed up, cause I really didnt expect something Amy related to see in this crime!

I think the article had to be about the first anniversary of Amy's Birthday...I couldn't identify the headline.

#470 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

I was going to a restaurant for lunch today and they played the song B Boy Baby which she did with Mutya Buena

#471 ccnncr

ccnncr

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

heard our day will come in poundland hahahh

#472 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

when we arrived in florida after driving our motorhome across the us, we brought in the trailer we had rented to tow our car in HORRIBLE condition to the rental shop,,,, i mean it was totaled- long story, but the thing had to be taken for parts. the shop wanted us to pay 700 for it!!!!
so we walked in the warehouse and amy was on the tv, on mtv!!!. i looked up and i couldnt believe she was on the screen. i glanced at her and asked her to please help us. we were broke and exhausted after a long journey. somehow, we walked away from paying for this trailer,, the shop kept a 300 deposit, charged us 50 and called it even. i walked away with the biggest smile on my face and told my husband about it. thank you amy, i never got the chance to write about it and thank you on here i know, but i never forget the things you do!

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#473 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Last week one of my professors mentioned her name :-) She was talking about Network Effects and CDs/CD players and said something like: "And when you want to listen to Amy Winehouse for nostalgic reasons..." - I enjoyed that lecture very much ;)
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#474 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

I heard a snippet of Rehab on a (terrible) local radio station two days ago prior to a story about you guessed it...somebody going to rehab and Valerie this morning on the Today show as they were going to break which I never watch because Matt Lauer is a dick. Oh anyway...

#475 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

"nostalgic" sigh, it's definitely the word :hopelessness:
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#476 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I walked past a tattoo parlour the other day and happened to look in through the window and there was a big painting (or print, didn't get a close look) of Amy on the wall. I must've walked past that place loads of times and never noticed it before. I'll see if I can take a picture next time I'm in the area and post it here.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#477 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Last week we had an after-elections-party at the CityHall . I decided to go with my own bottle SchmirrnoffWodka mixed with some jus-dÓrange . The place was filled-up with people and pretty warm when i arrived so i put out my coat and sweater and walked around with bare arms like Amy did most of the time . There was a small band with one Woman singer for the music playing covers . After the first song i aplaused for them and the singer got me in the picture ! You can't misunderstand my Amy Winehouse tattoos i suppose , where i stood richt in front of the band . At my surprise the second song of the band was : "You know i'm no good" they played a couple of other songs until the break . After the break i was again in front of the band . The next song was "VALERY" ! After another couple of songs i got the THIRTH : They played : "REHAB" for me ! This was MY evening , 3 songs of Amy make's me smile ( With half the bottle of wodka inside of me ) :heart:

#478 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

This annoying girl that lives in the apartment above mine and is always very loud threw a birthday party in the garden on Saturday. It was right in front of my window and soooo loud I couldn't even hear my TV unless I turned up the volume so much that it hurt my ears. She played some Amy songs... Just friends, You know I'm no good and 4 times Addicted. But since that was all within 10 hours I still wanted to kill her ;)
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#479 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

On tv there was a programme about Top 30 Disney moments, they had Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Bruce Forsyth went on about how Amy Winehouse told him he scared her in the film when she appeared on Strictly Come Dancing.

#480 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

a joke some guy made on a reality tv show-- "you went in looking like heidi klum and came out looking like amy winehouse"....glad people still aren't giving that up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users