488 replies to this topic

#436 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

It happened to me when I was about to start my first day at a new school a couple years ago! I always have anxiety and panic attacks before I get to somewhere new and I was about to go home before I even arrived but then I walked by a house and someone was blasting Me & Mr. Jones on full volume and it was amazing and I didn't expect it at all!

#437 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Ok she"s been around a lot the last couple of days, silly things like instrumental to you no I"m trouble on things like homes under the hammer and place down under think even heard her on eastenders think it was b2b. I get days like this when I have to google Amy don"t know why maybe I have Amy OCD!!!

#438 DFF

DFF

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Last Sunday i was at a party and i don't know what it was, but i couldn't get into the mood although the music was good. I was also feeling a little bit emotional. When the party was over we drove back home and were searching on the radio for some good music. I had the opportunity to say yes or no while skipping the radio stations, and suddenly boom: Valerie and not the commercial version but the 68 version. It was quiet on the highway and her voice on the radio in combination with miles ahead on the road, made my night.

#439 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yesterday, while at a doctor appointment, my nurse was asking me about my bird tattoo. When I mentioned the significance of it..that my best friend and I got the same one, at the same time and that we met on here...she said "OMG, I love Amy Winehouse..she has the voice of an angel". I have never run into anyone around here that likes her...I was so surprised. :)
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#440 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

In the car with her hubby, my friend put Hidden Treasures cd in and her hubby asked 'Who's this?' Wife said, 'You'll never guess' Cd kept playing, hubby kept asking, wife gave same answer. Cd over, hubby says 'Ok, tell me'. Wife says, 'Amy Winehouse.' Hubby says, 'No kidding! Tragedy, her dying so young. What happened to her? Didn't realize she was THIS good. Got any more?'

#441 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Yesterday, while at a doctor appointment, my nurse was asking me about my bird tattoo. When I mentioned the significance of it..that my best friend and I got the same one, at the same time and that we met on here...she said "OMG, I love Amy Winehouse..she has the voice of an angel". I have never run into anyone around here that likes her...I was so surprised. :)

She didn't recognize it as Amy's tattoo?? You're still the bigger fan :glee:

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

In the car with her hubby, my friend put Hidden Treasures cd in and her hubby asked 'Who's this?' Wife said, 'You'll never guess' Cd kept playing, hubby kept asking, wife gave same answer. Cd over, hubby says 'Ok, tell me'. Wife says, 'Amy Winehouse.' Hubby says, 'No kidding! Tragedy, her dying so young. What happened to her? Didn't realize she was THIS good. Got any more?'

Haha I hope that's in my future because I'm all alone in my Amy lovin ;)

#442 Jade Logic

Jade Logic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

[quote name='allisost']She didn't recognize it as Amy's tattoo?? You're still the bigger fan :glee:

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Nope. I'm pretty sure she was too busy flagging my chart as "needs psych consult". Just kidding...sort of. Ha Ha. :)
:heart: Jade Logic :heart:

#443 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I was going past a shop the other day and they were playing Rehab.

#444 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Ok this is really random and I needed to share!

watched a documentary (dreams of a life)yesterday about a woman called Joyce Vincent who died alone in her flat but was not discovered for 3 yrs. she had friends and family but died alone, she was loved.
There are 2 interactive websites one called would anyone miss you?, they shortened the title to WAMY which again made me think of our Amy, it seems that it didn't" make a difference that our Amy was talented, successful she still died alone. The Point I'm trying to make is that I'm not sure there is a point. The only thing that we can do is to reach out to people we love, fame, beauty, talent seems not to helped these women( and we shouldn't assume if people have these things they are happy or don't need help) as Amy said "all I needed was a friend"

#445 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

^Love that, so true

#446 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

3 days in a row i heard amy! 1st was in work - tears dry on their own came on the radio, the following day sitting in a coffee shop Halftime came on!! Was so surprised, you never hear that played anywhere! Then the next day (again in a different coffee shop - im a caffeine addict) back to black was playing - unedited version. Oh, almost forgot the day i heard her in work was also the day she was mentioned in the local news (they were talking about other voices).

#447 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

My unexpected Amy was yesterday-evening . At 22.30 hour i was sitting in te corner by the Mc.Donalds . I was looking trough the window on the right . It was dark outside and bright licht inside . I saw my own mirror-image in the windowglas . It was more a faded shadow with reflections of the licht inside . By not wearing my glasses for a few years i can see no sharp images at all . In this situation i looked to my own reflexion in the window and saw AMY , even the beehive was there . The shape of my face and nose and the long hair is near to the dimensions of those of Amy , so when faded on distance looks very well alike . THEN on the same moment i saw the lookalike of Amy the music playing in the Mc.Donalds started a new song : "Meet you downstairs in the bar and hurt ...." "You know i'm no good" AMY ! What a coincidense ! :heart:

#448 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

^Well, Amy did like her McDonald's...

#449 catpuss

catpuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Chris Evans on radio 2 ( oh my god I"m getting old!!!) for the 2 days played amy, think between the cheats and short snippet of rehab as it was his best musical " No No No" thought it was nice that he was still thinking about her x

#450 AmysAngel92

AmysAngel92

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Last year at the gym, the Fuck me pumps J cole remix came on and so did A song for you, I was just like

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users