236 replies to this topic

#61 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

Agreed, Remi is every bit as much of a pisshead, and is not doing all she can to encourage and inspire her mate, taking her to the bloody booozer..... worst thing is to substitute one habit for anohre.

If Amy wants to go to a pub, noone will be able to stop her. I don't think Remi or Good Blake are the ones comming up with the idea. And drinking is nothing new for her. Just my opinion...

Time will tell, but I am still positive for now....

I'm with you on that one...
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#62 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

I hope she quites smoking. I know its hard. I had to watch my Grandma die from smoking . She had to have a trach put in her neck so she could breath. It was heartbreaking seeing her go through so much pain and not ever being able to talk to any of us , except for writing on a pad with a pencil. Her voice with def be different on the third album. Wont be as pure as before but , I am still rooting for her. Just wish she would quite these habits. Still its nice to see her up and about though. :)

I understand completely. I have a theatre director who I know and love very much, like family, you know. He's not even 40, and he had a heart attack about a year ago, due to his heart, stress, and SMOKING. He was clean off of them for about 5 months after that, but then he picked up the pack again. While I understand that smoking is EXTREMELY difficult to quit, I am constantly frustrated beyond belief that he just started again, especially after the near-fatal heart attack.

I'm just gonna hold in strong for Amy, and my director, as well.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#63 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

Well, you guys call cigs 'fags'. Here in the states, that word will cost you broken teeth, and possibly a busted nose.

You have to be careful with the slang variances while traveling back and forth! lol. My mom and grandma are from London and their side of the family is still in the U.K. When I was younger (like 14 I think), we were visiting some of my cousins in London. My youngest cousin was about 8 at the time. She was really into stickers and stationary like a lot of little girls, (Hello Kitty type stuff) so I brought her some stickers and pencils with American flags on them and a box of erasers. I gave them to her and, with excitement, she jumped up and ran off yelling, "Mummy look at the lovely box of rubbers she brought me!" I was horrified. I thought, had I read the box properly?

In the U.S., rubbers are condoms. :D
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#64 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

I understand completely. I have a theatre director who I know and love very much, like family, you know. He's not even 40, and he had a heart attack about a year ago, due to his heart, stress, and SMOKING. He was clean off of them for about 5 months after that, but then he picked up the pack again. While I understand that smoking is EXTREMELY difficult to quit, I am constantly frustrated beyond belief that he just started again, especially after the near-fatal heart attack.

I'm just gonna hold in strong for Amy, and my director, as well.

When I watched them slowly kill my father, I quit in a heartbeat. I'd been up to 20 a day before that, for over 15 years.

I just think most smokers lack real motivation and actual desire to quit.

#65 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

^^ Mama, while I understand, I disagree about the motivation and desire. I believe many have the real desire and motivation but are supressed by their demons.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#66 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

When I watched them slowly kill my father, I quit in a heartbeat. I'd been up to 20 a day before that, for over 15 years.

Same here. I watched my grandad die of lung cancer. He began smoking at twelve, same age I did. While he was going through chemotherapy, he pleaded with me to stop smoking. That was what got me to I quit. Had that not happened I don't know if I would have done it. I don't think I would have quit for me, but because he asked, I had to do it. I had to honor him
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#67 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

^^ Mama, while I understand, I disagree about the motivation and desire. I believe many have the real desire and motivation but are supressed by their demons.

I agree. I think for a lot of people it is an emotional issue. It was for me. I'd tried to quit many times, but it was just something I couldn't let go of.
Posted Image

#68 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Whoever invented the nasty stuff does not deserve a pleasant afterlife...
Posted Image

#69 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

If Amy wants to go to a pub, noone will be able to stop her. I don't think Remi or Good Blake are the ones comming up with the idea. And drinking is nothing new for her. Just my opinion...

I'm with you on that one...

I'm surprised that no one is alarmed by HER DRINKING! Hardcore alcoholics have stomachs that resemble Winehouse, even though she is only 25. When she's shown barefooted, her feet are blood red. She's drank hard liquor since she was a teen, it usually takes females about 13 years to develop liver disease, such as hepatitis and/or cirrhosis.

Smoking is symptomatic of withdrawing or detoxing from other substances. It's just as bad, but as a college bud told me, he'd rather have a busted liver than a busted lung.:-P
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#70 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'm surprised that no one is alarmed by HER DRINKING! Hardcore alcoholics have stomachs that resemble Winehouse, even though she is only 25. When she's shown barefooted, her feet are blood red. She's drank hard liquor since she was a teen, it usually takes females about 13 years to develop liver disease, such as hepatitis and/or cirrhosis.

Smoking is symptomatic of withdrawing or detoxing from other substances. It's just as bad, but as a college bud told me, he'd rather have a busted liver than a busted lung.:-P

Maybe I missed something but what's wrong with her stomach?
Posted Image

#71 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

It's swollen and covered with rashes.

http://www.amywineho...p?t=3529&page=7
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#72 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

Oh yeah, the swelling. Yeah, I have noticed that. Is that from ascites?
Posted Image

#73 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:01 AM

I would like to think that her rashes came from a reaction of being on pills and doing something she shouldntve done while on them...?

#74 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

Oh yeah, the swelling. Yeah, I have noticed that. Is that from ascites?

Yup.:'-(

- 8-/

#75 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

I think that the rashes maybe is by mixing medications with alcohol
(which is dangerous) :/

Posted Image
(i dont speak english very well)