Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

Ascites
Definition

Ascites is an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the abdomen.
Description

Rapidly developing (acute) ascites can occur as a complication of trauma, perforated ulcer, appendicitis, or inflammation of the colon or other tube-shaped organ (diverticulitis). This condition can also develop when intestinal fluids, bile, pancreatic juices, or bacteria invade or inflame the smooth, transparent membrane that lines the inside of the abdomen (peritoneum). However, ascites is more often associated with liver disease and other long-lasting (chronic) conditions.
Types of ascites

Cirrhosis, which is responsible for 80% of all instances of ascities in the United States, triggers a series of disease-producing changes that weaken the kidney's ability to excrete sodium in the urine.
Pancreatic ascites develops when a cyst that has thick, fibrous walls (pseudocyst) bursts and permits pancreatic juices to enter the abdominal cavity.
Chylous ascites has a milky appearance caused by lymph that has leaked into the abdominal cavity. Although chylous ascites is sometimes caused by trauma, abdominal surgery, tuberculosis, or another peritoneal infection, it is usually a symptom of lymphoma or some other cancer.
Cancer causes 10% of all instances of ascites in the United States. It is most commonly a consequence of disease that originates in the peritoneum (peritoneal carcinomatosis) or of cancer that spreads (metastasizes) from another part of the body.
Endocrine and renal ascites are rare disorders. Endocrine ascites, sometimes a symptom of an endocrine system disorder, also affects women who are taking fertility drugs. Renal ascites develops when blood levels of albumin dip below normal. Albumin is the major protein in blood plasma. It functions to keep fluid inside the blood vessels.
Causes and symptoms

Causes

The two most important factors in the production of ascites due to chronic liver disease are:

Other conditions that contribute to ascites development include:
Persons who have systemic lupus erythematosus but do not have liver disease or portal hypertension occasionally develop ascites. Depressed thyroid activity sometimes causes pronounced ascites, but inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis) rarely causes significant accumulations of fluid.
Symptoms

Small amounts of fluid in the abdomen do not usually produce symptoms. Massive accumulations may cause:
Diagnosis

Skin stretches tightly across an abdomen that contains large amounts of fluid. The navel bulges or lies flat, and the fluid makes a dull sound when the doctor taps the abdomen. Ascitic fluid may cause the flanks to bulge.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#77 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

I really hope Amy doesn't end up with cirrhosis or any other life-threatening (or any other kind of) illness. She's got too much talent and too little life lived to pass now.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#78 -Sammy-

-Sammy-

my tears dry on their own

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

awww she looks so cuteee yayy and shes eating some cheese on toast thats good. :)
Posted Image
I have been in love with Amy Winehouse since 1st January 2007

#79 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

I quite like the hairdo. Altough I find it slightly boyish on Amy. She's looking much like Rizzo from Grease, doesn't she? I hope she gets better of those rashes.

I adore looking her eyes that clear. Makes me bloody happy.Awww... She looks like a young Janis (you guys know she's my softspot from the Winehouse family)

I like it too. i remember when Bette did something similar....oh wow, she's got hoops on too!!!

#80 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:42 AM

i don't mean this in any bad way ..to me it doesnt appear to me shes been doing alot of drugs but i think the drugs may have messed her up mentally / brain wise. She just seems out there at times
Posted Image

#81 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:47 AM

Im very happy that Amy's looking better. But for gods sake BRING BACK THE BEEHIVE!
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#82 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:34 AM

i don't mean this in any bad way ..to me it doesnt appear to me shes been doing alot of drugs but i think the drugs may have messed her up mentally / brain wise. She just seems out there at times

I think that too. Drugs do more than physical harm to your body.

Im very happy that Amy's looking better. But for gods sake BRING BACK THE BEEHIVE!

NO beehive! lol She needs to let her hair hang naturally. For now at least, she needs to get out of the hive cause it just helps to symbolize drugs and partying. New year, new look.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#83 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:14 AM

NO! i think the last few months its been tatty as because shes sick of it but doesnt want to let her fans down. i'm ready for a change, i think shes ready for a change, and this will prove she doesnt need a beehive to be amy winehouse. for gods sake we're fans for more reasons than that.

#84 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

I like it too. i remember when Bette did something similar....oh wow, she's got hoops on too!!!

Ah Bette Midler. What a LEG. Loved her in Hocus Pocus and Beaches.

Did you ever know that you're my hero
You're everything I would like to beeeeeeeee
I can fly higher than an eagle
'Cause you are the wind beneath my wiiiiiiings

#85 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

Thursday Mornings pictures.

http://www.mrpaparaz...ouse-Dance.aspx
Posted Image

#86 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:06 AM

NO! i think the last few months its been tatty as because shes sick of it but doesnt want to let her fans down. i'm ready for a change, i think shes ready for a change, and this will prove she doesnt need a beehive to be amy winehouse. for gods sake we're fans for more reasons than that.

Lol!! i'm not saying i'm a fan only for the behive, she doesnt need the beehive to be amy winehouse, she was famous before the beehive. I obviously dont love amy just for her beehive that would be silly! But i think that style complements the structure of her face, i just dont like the short and curly, that doesnt mean i'm going to stop been a fan i just think if she's going to change her image she should do it gradually rather than go straigth for the short and curly, because i just dont think it suits her!
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#87 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

^^Thank you for posting Amanda.

What the fuck is she doing? *sigh*
Posted Image

#88 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:12 AM

Those pictures are embaressing.

#89 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:34 AM

I hope its not just me, but ler legs look just a bit thicker.
Posted Image

#90 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Maybe she is just clowning? She does have a wicked SOH, and it is nice to see her using it again, IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users