• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

The couple, who have not spoken in months, were given a decree nisi at the Family Division of the High Court in London in just 75 seconds.

http://www.dailymail...ie-divorce.html
So I guess Blake will get lots of money, but it's worth it for Amy to not have to go through the trauma of a messy trial.

Neither Winehouse, 25, nor Fielder-Civil, 27, were present for the brief proceedings at the High Court's family division, the Press Association reported.

http://uk.reuters.co...E56F24720090716

Edited by Alan48, 16 July 2009 - 10:52 AM.

#17 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

From the NME: http://www.nme.com/news/nme/46142

It is reported that Winehouse has agreed to pay Fielder-Civil off with a £2.4 million ($3.6 million) settlement. The star has an estimated £10 million ($15 million) fortune.

What a jerk. Seriously, what the HELL does he need money from her for? Oh, because he's a complete loser and won't make his own living and wants to sponge off of Amy.

Ugh. Sorry guys, just can't stand him. Fingers crossed that Amy's okay during this tough time, though. She's way too wonderful to be with that loser-- I hope she realises that!

#18 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

Those close to Winehouse, including her father Mitch, blamed Fielder-Civil's influence on getting Winehouse addicted to drugs and drink throughout their tumultuous relationship.

pfff.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#19 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

The pain is over, the new chapter can now begin.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#20 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

At least they've been able to settle quickly in the end.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#21 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

2.4 m. is more than sufficient to build Mr. (un)Civil(ized) a pipe so he can smoke himself. After all, he should've been smoked out long ago, but that wasn't our call, so we can be very relieved that the deed has finally been done by She whom it concerned the most. Amy says bye, bye. I say, good riddance. Hopefully to be never heard of in relation to anything Amy ever again.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 16 July 2009 - 04:25 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#22 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

2.4 m. is more than sufficient to build Mr. (un)Civil(ized) a pipe so he can smoke himself.

I'll not be surprised if he spends them in like...2 weeks though. One pipe is clearly not enough for him.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#23 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

According to The Independent:

Fielder-Civil, 27, who described himself as a music video producer, stated in divorce papers before the court he found it "intolerable" to live with Winehouse.

Yeah, I'm sure Amy was the intolerable one. Here's a clue, genius: she is what you made her become when you fed her hard drugs one after the other. Also, he's not been a music video producer since WELL before he met Amy. I guess after they got together, he figured she is his meal ticket.

The Independent article also goes on to state that he put the papers through on the grounds of Amy having had an affair, which she admitted to. Still, it's pretty interesting to me that a) she didn't bring up the times which I'm sure Blake managed to find someone to sleep with (or, I'm sorry, was that not available during jail?) and B) Amy allegedly confessed to this adultery in April 2008 and yet he didn't file the papers until April 2009? Something doesn't quite add up.

Independent article can be read here: http://www.independe...ry-1749107.html

#24 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

i'd hate to have his karma

#25 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

:lol: You know it, Phil; that fucker's gonna be on the wheel a looong time :)

#26 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

I'm not an apologist, but for ANYONE who's given their heart, mind and soul in an intense relationship, any kind of separation sucks eggs, big time. I feel bad for Winehouse, and I even feel as though this may be a HUGE step towards her recovery. I don't know Blake, it's none of my business how he makes Winehouse's heart go pitter-patter and how she gets moon-eyed over him. I hope for recovery, calm and sanity in both of their lives.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#27 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Amy has got to be hurting now, but I feel relieved she has made a decision to move on. I would say that adultery was a secondary cause, the marriage seemed impossible from the start. I hope the payoff will prevent Blake from selling his story. I never cared for him much - it's Amy I'm a fan of after all, and I don't like violence - but who knows, he must have his problems as well. I hope that he too will be able to get on with his life and move in a more positive direction.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#28 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

I'm sure Amy had her share of problems, and brought her own baggage into their relationship (after all, her behaviour was less than perfect), so it's not that loving Amy means excusing everything she did to contribute to the dissolution of their marriage. It's that Blake is a total dickhead who, instead of having it out with Amy and agreeing that they were unhealthy for one another and deciding to go their separate ways, decided to take 1/3 of her money, knock up another woman while they were still married (her alleged affairs aside-- two wrongs don't make a right) and badmouth Amy to the press while he was at it. Talk about undignified. For as much as Amy's problems have been aired in public, and how forthright she's been about her life, it's Amy and ONLY Amy that should be making these statements. Blake, Alex, and anyone else who decides to "help" her by airing her dirty laundry certainly doesn't have her best interests in mind. It's not that I doubt that Blake ever loved her, but I do think he was aware all along of what an opportunity was in front of him, and as things got uglier between them, no doubt those thoughts came to the forefront a little more...

Still, my concern is for Amy, and for her well-being. It'd be nice to say "well, if Amy loved him, he must have been okay", but I just can't go along with that. Amy was extremely sick for most of the time she was with him, and sometimes we love people who aren't good for us. I just hope that now she can begin to put that awful chapter behind her and look forward to bigger and better things again, cos she deserves it.

#29 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

her association with that parasite brought her nowhere but down. what kind of love is that. she put it all on the line for that idiot and it's cost her dearly in more ways than financially. eg, i love the artist that is amy but i would think twice as a fan about ever spending money on concert tickets again.
hope she's picking up the pieces, and movin' on away from what was a codependent drug fueled fiasco that she almost paid for with her life. i also hope i never hear about him again.

Edited by kevd7, 17 July 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#30 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

her association with that parasite brought her nowhere but down. what kind of love is that. she put it all on the line for that idiot and it's cost her dearly in more ways than financially. eg, i love the artist that is amy but i would think twice as a fan about ever spending money on concert tickets again.
hope she's picking up the pieces, and movin' on away from what was a codependent drug fueled fiasco that she almost paid for with her life. i also hope i never hear about him again.

that pretty much says it all . ^^

i agree
Posted Image
James Dean ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users