• Please log in to reply
2675 replies to this topic

#91 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

Salieri, "reels at the notion of God speaking through the childish, petulant Mozart, whose music he regards as miraculous."

Nothing escapes Dave! :D

#92 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:05 AM

Amy can be like a little kid at times, not too good at impulse control. On the other hand, she's wise beyond her years in music. It's a strange combination. Reminds me a bit of the movie "Amadeus" where Mozart's rival, Salieri, "reels at the notion of God speaking through the childish, petulant Mozart, whose music he regards as miraculous."

An "authorized" biography with the title Saving Amy may well come out soon, but to have Daphne Barak write it was probably not the wisest choice... now there should be a book coming out under the title Understanding Amy, and in my view it would be a wise choice if they let you write it.;-)

B.t.w.: Amy has returned to the stage, performed well, which in her case, after all that happened, can no doubt be considered a come-back.
And: slapping the shit out of Amy, 'cause Mr. Music is working, but there's a leech hanging all over Him?! What was that all about?!>:-(

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 25 August 2009 - 02:19 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#93 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:12 AM

... now there should be a book coming out under the title Understanding Amy, and in my view it would be a wise choice if they let you write it.;-)

Quite right, Jan-Peter.

btw, I'd rather Amy be her natural self than just "smile and nod".

Edit: hmm...this thread is looking less and less like a pic thread, and more and more like a discussion thread

Edited by suestev07, 25 August 2009 - 02:16 AM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#94 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

Amy can be like a little kid at times

I think she has trouble letting go of a childhood fantasy escapist imaginary world where love is like it is in Shangri La songs. She doesn't really love Blake, she's "in love with love" Look! Here's a picture!
Posted Image

#95 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

Believe me, I only understand Amy partly. When she does something crazy, I often don't get it. But her positive qualities are enormous, and that's the overriding truth to me.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#96 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

I miss her St. Lucia curls.......sigh. Alan, you're a genius. Run for president, please.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#97 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

I miss her St. Lucia curls.......sigh. Alan, you're a genius. Run for president, please.

I miss the curls too.......
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#98 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:05 AM

Amy's St. Lucia curls for president! Oops, got carried away.

Yeah, bring back the curls. The whole natural island look. And add a few more pounds and a few more curves. Then she'd be truly dangerous.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#99 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:16 AM

(No recent pictures, so it's now a talkie-thread.) And I miss her St. Lucian curls as well! They make her look incredibly feminine and unbelievably sweet.8-/ And we only have smilies with a beehive. Can we have smilies with curls, please?
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#100 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:02 AM

Can we have smilies with curls, please?

No. The pixels are too big!
Posted Image

Edited by Alan48, 25 August 2009 - 04:14 AM.

#101 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:10 AM

^Great effort though.

#102 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

Much as it was wonderful to see her, she hasn't "made a comeback". She only went onstage to sing along with another group, and only for 2 songs. The pressure was not on her.

To prepare properly, and be ready to do an entire concert on her own, remaining sober, having rehearsed properly, getting there on time, etc.....that's another story... especially if it's some of her old stuff, with old memories...

...and even if it may be some of her new songs, which may not be very uplifting either if they are about the recent past...that would be the beginning of a "comeback", not Saturday

Let's hope her "comeback" will be properly successful, and not too far away...but, mostly, when she's actually ready...

Edit: I don't know why I posted this in this thread...sorry

I know exactly what your saying however it was a HUGE step for amy, all the bad publicity shes had, her tour and festivals when she was boo'd by the audience. All her insecurities, for amy to go up there when its reported it was a spur of the moment sort of thing was such a big step for her and to be so confident and talk to the audience without an obvious amount of alcohol or drugs in her system is really amazing, so it might not be an official come back but its the stepping stones and the build up to one. Amy needed this to bring back her love for performing.
Also the going up on stage with pete thing ive realised from laineys post it was actually quite rude, but it was after she'd just made her 'semi-come back' the adrenaline you get from being on stage and performing is the biggest rush, part of me thinks she was so excited she went and told pete about it...imature it was and cheeky, but i suppose amy is a child at heart, a very cheeky one at that. (not condoning her behaviour just tryin to understand it)
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#103 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

No. The pixels are too big!
Posted Image

LOOOL. OMG i loved this<3
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#104 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

(No recent pictures, so it's now a talkie-thread.) And I miss her St. Lucian curls as well! They make her look incredibly feminine and unbelievably sweet.8-/ And we only have smilies with a beehive. Can we have smilies with curls, please?

...and her curls hair looks unbelievably healthy, and therefore she too looks unbelievably fresh and healthy...

uhm...I don't know if she really wants to look unbelievably sweet, tho'..haha

Edited by suestev07, 25 August 2009 - 04:23 PM.

#105 Yitzhak Finnegan

Yitzhak Finnegan

Minusaramadad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

Speaking as a red-blooded male, I wish I was in Pete's place. Those lips, that face, aaahhh......
And the hair! Just to run my fingers through that gorgeous mane-WOW!

Edited by Yitzhak Finnegan, 26 August 2009 - 04:43 PM.

Does Exist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users