ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

^ The article links to this July 8 interview:
http://www.digitalsp...ark-ronson.html
It was in April they recorded together. Maybe he didn't want to admit they hadn't spoken in 3 months. Maybe Amy's sloppy performance was her passive-aggressive way of telling him she doesn't care for his pop music. Judging by her appearance, it seemed she cared about singing with her dad & meeting Tony Bennett, but not about singing with Mark.

Well, for the most part, it seems the label is the one pushing for another Mark & Amy collaboration, not so much Amy. She's already did work with Saleem Remi(?) and he's already spoke up on finishing up what he's done with her.

I really wish the label would chill out and just allow her to create the music she wants so that she can perform new material that she'll love performing instead of forced material. I know they care about numbers but why is she pressured into making another huge record when they're still making millions off of Back To Black?

Just let her live.

#137 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:05 PM

^ Agree, tho I'm sure Amy really doesn't give a crap about it. If so, she should have released an album 1-2 years after B2B. She might be crazy sometimes, but she sure knows where to draw the line.

#138 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Maybe he scared her off with that je te plumerai la tete line. She's fond of that beehive, ya know..
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#139 cherry

cherry

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:24 AM

hi there,

there is an new interview with mark ronson in one of our german magazins.
they asked him about the work with amy. he said that no one asked him for work with her, but if - he would. he told that the last time he met and talk to amy was in june for the quincy jones tribute. here is the link. ups, sorry it is not alloud for me to post it. maybe a nother one could post it. the magazine called GALA.

and please forgive my bad english ;o)

Edited by cherry, 23 July 2010 - 09:28 AM.

#140 Rubi

Rubi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:35 AM

So I hear she's going back to the B2B style. That's cool.

I was sort of hoping for the reggae/ska tracks. Who knows, she might surprise us all.

#141 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse didn't have a falling out at his London gig. There will be no bad bee-hiviour when Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse get to work. For he's shot down rumours he fell out with Amy for apparently turning up drunk to his gig in London this month. He told MTV News: "I was never annoyed. I was excited she came down." Good...

http://www.mirror.co...15875-22445384/
"I've got hair like them"

#142 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

http://www.spin.com/...ons-mark-ronson

Why didn't Amy Winehouse sing on the album?

Because I think it's important to be doing fresh and new stuff. I don't think she would have loved much on this record, anyway -- she has a very specific aesthetic. Actually, I recently played her some stuff, and we got about a minute and a half through "Bang Bang Bang" before she was like, "Aargh! Turn it off!" Her favorite track is one I sing on, which is so bizarre. But she was like, "I'm so fucking relieved you sound English when you sing."

#143 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

It's a doggone shame that so many people are claiming their "Winehouse Stakes', like she's their personal property.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#144 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:48 AM

Amy Winehouse hits out at Mark Ronson
She accuses him of taking her credit
September 18, 2010

Amy Winehouse has hit out at Mark Ronson, calling him "dead to me".

The UK soul superstar took to her Twitter account this morning to fire off a missive to her former producer.

She wrote: "Ronson you're dead to me; one album I write and you take half the credit – make a career out of it? Don’t think so BRUV."

The latest spat may have been provoked by Ronson's appearance on Later... With Jools Holland this week when the producer described how he had 'created the tracks' on her album 'Back To Black' from the singer's acoustic demos.

Winehouse has been working on the follow-up with Salaam Remi and Ronson is not thought to be involved. She has claimed that the record will be released no later than January next year.

http://www.nme.com/n...winehouse/53050

http://twitter.com/amyjademermaid
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#145 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:23 AM

I saw him on Later with Jools Holland, and Amy is right, Ronson did take about half the credit, which is at least two fifths too much, and her early showcase performance inside the record company's offices, included in the documentary I told you I was trouble, proves who brought in by far the main portion of authenticity and creative talent that resulted in Frank and B2B. What's more, if it had just been her demo-recordings, with no production at all, then it would've been good enough for me! To me, Amy is the icing and the cake.B-) And Ronson is too full of himself.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#146 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

if it had just been her demo-recordings, with no production at all, then it would've been good enough for me!

I agree with this. Over production is over rated. I like to hear when a string goes a lil bit wrong or the singer loses his voice for a sec (I wrote sex haha), it makes the song more human.

#147 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

My own feeling on this is, Amy has a point - Ronson does get a little too much credit for her success from some quarters. But to say 'you're dead to me' on Twitter is not very classy at all.

Anyway, just spotted this latest tweet:

amyjademermaid

ronson i love you; that make it better? you knoww i love you- it's a jew thingz x whup rza
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#148 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:20 AM

Ronson was left confused by Winehouse's remarks, insisting he needed to speak to the singer to ask what she meant, telling BBC Breakfast, "I've always been really candid about saying that Amy is the reason I am on the map. If it wasn't for the success of Back To Black, no-one would have cared too much about (Ronson's second album) Version.

"Amy is a friend and I think that's something I should discuss with her personally."

http://www.sfgate.co...?entry_id=72814

#149 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

I'm not understanding all of this vitriol about an album that was created 4 years ago. Ronson was and still is humble about B2B. Winehouse played notes onto a guitar, and IMHO, Ronson interpreted the notes.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#150 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

It sucks. I'm sure he's put up with quite a share of Amy's shit in the past years to lead up to his words being taken out of context a bit but it goes both ways.

Amy brought more than just notes played onto a guitar, she brought to her producers a theme she was after. She laid out a blueprint for what she wanted this album to sound like and went into it. I'm sure that's the reason why they were able to knock out these tracks in such a short amount of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users