Photo
- - - - -

Mark Ronson: 'I'm working with Amy Winehouse again'

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#106 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

I'm not really sure how this excuses the fact that she was clearly intoxicated, singing horribly off key, and forgot half the lyrics. This was just all around bad, let's not make ridiculous excuses for her.

The nature of ones perception depends on how one's inclined to see and hear things. With good will, one perceives things differently, and then they're not ridiculous excuses. I'm not easily fooled by bad equipment, or bad use of equipment, and I saw Amy looking good, even great, having a lot of fun, and heard her sing a few good notes, some even brilliant.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#107 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

this will not change the fact that she sounded terrible singing Valerie, but it can give a little bit of hope...

it's a comment in the amy-w.net website:

I Think she was just drunk cos' i've heard other presentation of her at Jazz After Dark last month and she sounded really cool even better than before - MaxPooower 09 Jul 2010 05:29 pm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#108 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

I'm not really sure how this excuses the fact that she was clearly intoxicated, singing horribly off key, and forgot half the lyrics. This was just all around bad, let's not make ridiculous excuses for her.

Absolutely. Don't think it has nothing to do with being a contralto, having bad sound, or whatever. She was out of it. When you're not, and you're a pro you just don't have that MUCH of a problem whatever the technical conditions are. It's Valerie, she was hardly improvising either. Sorry.
Posted Image

#109 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

She should have shown more respect towards Mark. It was his night, a chance to showcase new material, and on comes Amy, in no fit state to sing. She could have stayed sober, and then maybe she could have sounded a bit better than she did. He was hoping to get some publicity for his new album, and all the media can talk about the day after is Amy's performance. He was doing her a favor, and it wasn't cool to pull that crap.

Totally agree with Phil. You're drunk; get off the stage. She did the same thing with Pete Doherty. It's not clever or funny; it's disrespectful.

I don't really understand about the whole contralto thing, I just think she was wasted. Listen to her singing 'There is no greater love' with just an acoustic guitar for company a few years back, and she sounds amazing. That was a high-pressure situation, being in front of record company executives.

It's funny, but maybe that's how sobriety works when you perform. You have the chance to sound lucid, and bloody fantastic. She should try it sometime.

Edited by Lainey, 11 July 2010 - 09:51 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#110 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

Sometimes when someone is loved so much, one tends to overlook the obvious.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#111 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

These days, one has to fight for the right to love, trust and believe. These are the days of forgetfulness and broken promises. This world is made of lost dreams, broken hearts and fragmentation, and yet, one tries to stay whole, or to be whole again, as Amy tries, as we all try, and to remember what makes us human and what it is to be human. More than anyone else, she reminds me of that, by her successes and failures equally. If overlooking means forgiving, then I'm OK with it.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#112 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

Interview with Mark from The Daily Mail. Apparently he's 'The Most Important Man in Pop Music' AND he's 'The Most Influential Music Producer in Britain Today' WOW! Did his Mum have a hand in writing this, then?

http://www.mailonsun...e-Eighties.html

#113 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Interview with Mark from The Daily Mail. Apparently he's 'The Most Important Man in Pop Music' AND he's 'The Most Influential Music Producer in Britain Today' WOW! Did his Mum have a hand in writing this, then?

http://www.mailonsun...e-Eighties.html

Thanks for the article...I think he's pretty cool...

'I'm not Mr Cool - I don't naturally have what it takes. I'm more Woody Allen. Not a lot of people really know me,

. I think that underneath all of this I'm just the composite geek. I'm a true nerd. It's just that my obsession is music and that happens to be a hip thing to be into.

As a young child he suffered from panic attacks.

When I was DJing I was OK, because if you think about it, every DJ gets to hide behind their decks. I'd get horribly nervous beforehand. I still do. Every gig I play I'm terrified that I'm not going to be good. I get into a state every time.
'Look at Norman Cook. I understand why it takes him a few bottles to become Fatboy Slim. When I was touring with Version (his last album, which included the massive hit Valerie) it was a new thing for me. Being on stage, in front of people, not having anything to hide behind.
'I don't have that personality. The idea of being on stage is pretty scary for someone like me. In fact, it's true of lots of performers. Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs is an incredible frontman, but you meet him off stage and he's this quiet, fairly shy bloke. He has to somehow transform himself before he gets on stage. It's not easy. I've seen him loads of times vomiting non-stop by the stage before he gets up there.
'I'd take a bottle of Jack Daniel's with me on stage. A few weeks into the tour I was drinking a whole bottle a night during the shows. I do regret that now, because all of it seemed to go by so fast, and I'm not sure if that was down to the adrenaline or the Jack Daniel's. I'm going to try not to do that when I tour this album

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#114 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

^ Interesting way to (probably) indirectly reply to the bad reviews for Amy. How can someone say that the girl with big hair that went on stage at Ronson's gig is the same as this one: ?

Edited by Iulian, 14 July 2010 - 06:10 AM.

#115 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

She made Puppy Love sound epic and glorious (it already is, but in a completely different level).
Posted Image

#116 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:02 AM

is this true?

It feels like last time Amy Winehouse released any music, dinosaurs were roaming around listening to cassettes on their Sony walkmen. Turns out it was actually only about four years ago.
But that's a long time in pop. However, we can now reveal that Amy is finally set to make her musical comeback - and she's rather excited about it. You can tell by the mad look in her eyes.
Appaza, Amy's recorded enough songs to fill three albums and is hoping to whack something out (other than her shiny boobs) in January.
"It’s been an incredible past few weeks for Amy," says a chatty pterodactyl, while humming Back To Black. "She has completely turned her life around. It has been a long time coming, and she’s been writing songs for what seems an eternity but finally, Amy is satisfied and believes she has an album worthy of a four year wait. She’s held meetings with the record label, Universal, both in person and over the phone, and they are putting everything into promotion. A lot of the material covers her romance with Blake Fielder Civil, and their acrimonious split, plus, of course, her battle with the booze and drugs. It is very raw and very personal - it promises to be another classic."
Songs about booze and drugs? "They tried to make me go to rehab and I said, hmm, well, alright, I guess you might have a point, but let me just finish this ice lolly first", sorta thing?
In other vaguely cheering Amy news, she's asked her new boyfriend Reg Traviss to move in with her. "He has met all the family and is a hit," reveals a friendly stegosaurus. "It’s his calming influence which Amy is crediting for the early finish of the album."
Well done Reg. Just make sure Blake doesn't get a spare set of keys, yeah?

http://www.3am.co.uk...y-happen/23282/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#117 Rubi

Rubi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:07 AM

These days, one has to fight for the right to love, trust and believe. These are the days of forgetfulness and broken promises. This world is made of lost dreams, broken hearts and fragmentation, and yet, one tries to stay whole, or to be whole again, as Amy tries, as we all try, and to remember what makes us human and what it is to be human. More than anyone else, she reminds me of that, by her successes and failures equally. If overlooking means forgiving, then I'm OK with it.

You have such a nice way with words.

#118 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

^ Interesting way to (probably) indirectly reply to the bad reviews for Amy. How can someone say that the girl with big hair that went on stage at Ronson's gig is the same as this one: ?

I always think of this:

Hilarious :D

#119 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

Metro:

http://www.metro.co....son-gig-blunder

Many thought the singer had lost her way again when her performance at London’s 100 Club with Mark Ronson went down like a lead balloon.

However, Amy can explain what happened.

‘Mark and I recorded two versions of Valerie. We released the one that came out like The Supremes but I play the other version with my band. When I got there I completely forgot it was his version we were singing so I was probably a bit out of sync. It was really fun to be on stage with him, though.’

#120 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Really, really I thought we were doing the Jewmaican version. The defense rests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users