#91 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

http://www.thesun.co...eg-Traviss.html

Personally, I think Reg is using Winehouse to further his career. So much for 'true love', :(
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#92 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

^Promotion & publicity are part of his job. I'm withholding judgment.
I think the pianist threw her off. His opening notes sound off - if not off key then chord inversions she wasn't expecting. I think when she stopped dead it was because she wasn't sure what key the band was in. Right before she resumes singing she shoots a glance at the pianist.
Can't wait til It's My Party comes out!

#93 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

More pics of Amy at Ronson gig:

http://www.nowmagazi...er-boobs-out/1/

Edited by Sassy, 08 July 2010 - 02:49 PM.
edit

#94 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

/ oops

Edited by kevd7, 08 July 2010 - 04:39 PM.

#95 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Poor Mark , poor bass player, *sigh*

poor fans! Valerie is 3 years old now. Isn't it time she start singing some new material in anticipation of what's in the works?! resting on one's laurels is not a good look for someone of Amy's talent and stature

Edited by kevd7, 08 July 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#96 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

poor fans! Valerie is 3 years old now. Isn't it time she start singing some new material in anticipation of what's in the works?! resting on one's laurels is not a good look for someone of Amy's talent and stature

She has no new material. Ronson confirmed she hasn't even begun writing any new songs yet.

#97 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

^ so why was Salaam saying he's working on "finishing" her new album? Or Questlove saying her new stuff sounds great? Who, besides Mark, has said he has anything to do with producing her new album?

#98 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Personally, I think Reg is using Winehouse to further his career. So much for 'true love', :(

Actually, considering one minute she was back with Blake, and next she was with Reg, I wonder if they aren't both using each other, that maybe the relationship isn't even real, but something they're just doing for promotion.
I really don't know what to think anymore. Salaam said he's finishing her new album, Mark said she hasn't even started yet. I don't know why I bother anymore...
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#99 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

^ Well, maybe her work with Salaam is done, the one with Ronson not. Who knows..

#100 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

A bandwagon of negativity rolled by, but I didn't feel the need to jump on it, 'cause I don't like where it'd take me. She certainly deserves more love, respect, loyalty and trust. With every minute of her life recorded, every detail scrutinized, criticized, all her up and down and in-the-middle and out-of-this-world moments are bound to show. Everything shows. So? At least it's riveting material, which can't be said about everybody.:)

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 08 July 2010 - 06:48 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#101 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

[quote=Alan48;127941I think the pianist threw her off. His opening notes sound off - if not off key then chord inversions she wasn't expecting. I think when she stopped dead it was because she wasn't sure what key the band was in. Right before she resumes singing she shoots a glance at the pianist.[/quote]

As a contralto myself, it's difficult to sing 'cold', unrehearsed in standard G key.

I act in local theater & am reluctant to audition for musicals because of being 'off-key.' I won't singing karaoke anymore because unless the tempo is recalibrated for my range, again I sound hopelessly off-key.

We've seen Amy jumping onstage to sing with others recently & it's the same scenario. She doesn't sing in a standard key & without using an earpiece, she can't hear how she sounds.

#102 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:15 PM

I think this might be it for me. If a new album ever comes out, then, great. I'm not holding my breath. I don't think she's got it in her any more, I'm sorry to say. I hope I'm proved wrong.

It's getting boring now, and I just can't be arsed any more.
"I've got hair like them"

#103 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

I'm quite late, but just saw the vid. Amy is out of it, drunk, stone whatever...doesn't care what she's doing on stage. This is not showing me she can't sing anymore. Let's hope we can see a sober Amy and make ourselves a better opinion.

#104 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

YouTube

Amy Winehouse : Valerie (Live) at 100 Club - During Mark Ronson's Band Debut Gig 6th July

DarkestJames | 7 juli 2010

10th July: 102744 views

lastmountain1
8 hours ago
Ok everybody: remember the recording is on a poor piece of equipment, the session is more of a jam than a practiced performance. I'd hate for all Amy's fans to come to some negative conclusion based on this vid.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#105 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

YouTube

Amy Winehouse : Valerie (Live) at 100 Club - During Mark Ronson's Band Debut Gig 6th July

DarkestJames | 7 juli 2010

10th July: 102744 views

lastmountain1
8 hours ago
Ok everybody: remember the recording is on a poor piece of equipment, the session is more of a jam than a practiced performance. I'd hate for all Amy's fans to come to some negative conclusion based on this vid.

I'm not really sure how this excuses the fact that she was clearly intoxicated, singing horribly off key, and forgot half the lyrics. This was just all around bad, let's not make ridiculous excuses for her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users