160 replies to this topic

#61 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

Amy has major issues any time she's near a stage. If Island expects her to tour(duh)after release of her album, it won't be pretty. That hasn't changed.

#62 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

I've just got a response from someone there:

Popprince @Jayne_1966 rusty to begin then slowly got into it- not bad actually, in places! Good to see her back on stage...!
33 minutes ago*in reply to Jayne_1966
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#63 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

Does anyone else think that maybe she has a serious case of stagefright?
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#64 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 07 July 2010 - 09:10 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#65 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

Does anyone else think that maybe she has a serious case of stagefright?

Not saying it's not true, but why does she come on stage as a guest then? I don't see stage fright in her video with the Specials from last year, she was great. Plus that usually phobias can be cured, it's not like she doesn't afford it.

Then again, I wish it was just stage fright and not alcohol again.

#66 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

I think Kyla is right, Winehouse does have stage fright. Unfortunately, she might require some 'chemical courage'. I believe in earlier interviews, Winehouse 'fessed up that she would have jitters so she'd smoke a joint or have a few drinks.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#67 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

She has never looked comfortable up there to me.

#68 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:54 PM

It's a really cruel dilemma, Winehouse craves attention, yet is insecure whenever she's in the spotlight.

BTW, Welcome back, Super Kyla!!!! You Rawk!!!!!!!

Edited by Rockesquirrel, 07 July 2010 - 03:38 PM.

In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#69 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Before beta blockers, I saw a lot of musicians using alcohol or benzodiazepines. I believe beta blockers are far more beneficial than deleterious, and I have no qualms about prescribing them.”

— Mitchell Kahn MD, Director, Miller Healthcare Institute for Performing Artists

Performers have used a drug called pindolol(beta blocker)for stage fright for a long time. She could use it while working on overcoming the problem.
Will any of that happen? No.

#70 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

Amy singing badly:

#71 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

We are in a constant swings and roundabouts saga with Amy lately! We are seeing stunning pics of her everywhere, and it makes you get the jitters that we are getting "our" Amy back. Then we see the insecure Amy that needs a bot of Dutch courage to stand in front of the people that love her and wish her nothing but the best! It just breaks my heart that she just can't see and hear what we do! Until she does I really can't see any new album or tours for the foreseeable future, and as much as I want nothing more than to be standing in front of her again while she's singing her heart out (and when you are there u feel like she is singing to only you!) if it makes her that nervous that she reverts to type, I would rather she took a bit more me time to get more confident in her own skin. (sorry for the rant)
Posted Image

#72 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

Amanda, you said a mouthful and you hit the nail on the head. I don't want her going the Whitney Houston route of leaping too soon.

- 8-/

#73 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

I'm probably going to get shot down for this but she sounds and looks a mess. I feel like going over to her and covering her up, sorry but she looks awful flashing her boobs for the world to see. The performance did improve as it went on but hey it couldn't get much worse.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#74 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Lord, if You can hear my plea, make Ms. Winehouse see that it's not the tattoos, the 'hive, whatever the look, or chemical courage, but her God-given talents lie within her. Amen!

- 8-/

#75 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Yeah. She's sounded better at her very worse. I don't know what's going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users