Posted Image

#77 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

i'm so embarrassed for her. i wouldn't blame Mark one bit if he cut her off.

#78 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Everyone pretty much said it all.

Step #1 - Amy, please stop smoking. You are doing that incredible voice of yours absolutely no favours whatsoever, and if you're prone to emphysema, then it also becomes a very serious health issue. No more cigs. End of. It's like Tom Jones said, it's the kind of voice that you have to really look after. Get a patch or some nicotine gum. Start with that, and then we can begin to work on the rest.
"I've got hair like them"

#79 xXRitaXx

xXRitaXx

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

I only watched like 10 seconds of it. She has sung even worse than in those videos,were she is (sky) high.
Hopefully her 'comeback' won't be like Whitney Houston's were it seemed (kinda) good in the beginning, but went back downhill...
"Life happens. There is no point in being upset or down about things we can't control or change."-AJW:)

#80 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

I just watched it again, thinking it might be better 2nd time around, and that maybe I was too hasty in my initial assessment.

Nope. It really was fucking horrible. She couldn't remember the lyrics, failed to stay in time with the music, or stay focused. That poor guitarist she was rubbing against. I was mortified for the poor bloke. She was practically dry humping him. How the Daily Mail and Sun could say this was a triumphant return is beyond me. Perhaps Island Records bunged them a fifty.

What's it going to take for her to perform lucidly? To sound good again? To get that magic back?

Sorry for the rant. I'm just frustrated.
"I've got hair like them"

#81 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

i couldn't watch it all the way....it was too awful for me to bear. and it is a shame, because she has been looking fantastic lately, and her eyes show a more mature and conscient/present Amy than before, but her actions are not connecting with it. this is all becoming very strange and too complex...I just know that I keep my hopes up for her no matter what, and that her talent exists and she showed us that many times in the past. let time show the results, and maybe in a near future Amy will tell us herself her story. <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#82 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

honestly after watching this i officially don't really care about her anymore. back to black will always be one of my favorite albums but i'm just over this mess. she hasn't sung live decently in years and quite frankly her voice just isn't what it used to be. i don't know if it's the cigarettes or crack damaged her voice but it's not the same anymore. she still has no songs for a third album 4 years later. my guess is island is going to put out some shitty remix or rareties album to relieve her of contract and she'll fade into obsecuity (she basically already has everywhere but the UK). such a talented girl, it's so sad she's wasted it.

#83 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

Lainey, she won't give up the cigs till she quits drinking. Whatever will power you have to stop smoking vanishes with the booze.

It's the combo of drinks and smokes affecting her voice. The harm quadruples.

When a band is playing, they DO NOT want a drunk to come onstage. I don't care how famous you are, you're drunk, get off the fucking stage, now.

And she was all over that unlucky guitarist. I'm sure he loved hearing whiskey breath nonsense spit in his ear.

#84 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

the weird thing was she looked well pleased with herself at the end...

#85 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

wonder what Reg thinks of all this...wonder if he can take her further along on her path to sense...
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#86 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:22 AM

Oh, Amy :'-(

#87 LaughedAtByTheGods

LaughedAtByTheGods

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

Oh no! :'-(

This breaks my heart. Amy's voice is a precious gift and I hope that she can get it back into shape. I just don't know anymore...

and Ronson doesn't look pleased at all.

Posted Image
[FONT="]A tortured soul whom I identify with, her lyrics, passion, voice, soul,
and outlook are sad, haunting, soulful, beautiful, joyful, so many things at once.

[/FONT]

#88 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

It is The Sun tho:

http://www.thesun.co...meback-gig.html
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#89 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Poor Mark , poor bass player, *sigh*
Posted Image

#90 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

This is horrible. When she sings this with her band she sings it a lot slower. This is the same as at Brits when she sang with Ronson. She seems to forget that he plays it a lot faster.
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users