Posted Image

#122 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:34 AM

SMITTEN AMY WINEHOUSE finally has a bloke to be proud of - and boy is she banging on about it.

The beaming singer accompanied REG TRAVISS to the premiere of his movie Psychosis in London's Leicester Square on Tuesday night.

Sticking out a mile in a tiny purple and black dress, Amy was boasting to everyone about the director on his big night.
She said: "Reg is so lovely and I'm really proud of him. He's well talented. He's such a lovely boyfriend - I'm really lucky to have him."
So its a pity she spent most of the screening talking to pals and getting on everybody's wick.
She could be heard detailing her frustrations about not being able to share a long natter with Reg. She squawked: "I keep trying to talk to him but it's not the right time."
Luckily she didn't sit through the entire feature, she popped out half-way through before returning towards the end slightly more sozzled.
Wino continued her wild night during the after-party at the nearby Jet Black club, managing to pick up a nasty-looking beer injury on her left shin.
Across town MARK RONSON was showcasing her long-awaited new music.
He dropped the first Wino material for five years at the iTunes Festival after-party at Proud Galleries in Camden. The track was a cover of LESLEY GORE classic It's My Party.
I hope it's worth the wait.

http://www.thesun.co...eg-Traviss.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#123 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

"Speed it up!" "Noooooooo, slow it down!"

Posted Image
"I've got hair like them"

#124 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

^^^yuk yuk

I loved that outfit that night. Not every girl could make that work.

#125 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

^that´s so true... Hey Phil u sould work at E!

#126 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:12 AM

E? Entertainment? lol

#127 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:18 AM

yes! with me.. of course!
the new fashion journalists! :lol:

#128 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:48 AM

I like your taste, Emi. I'll just ask questions and you can take it from there. :)

#129 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before...

http://www.guardian....-new-album-2011

Amy Winehouse promises new album for January 2011
Singer says her long-awaited record will be 'very much the same' as 2006's Back to Black

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Friday 16 July 2010 10.48 BST

After four years of meltdowns, collapses, trysts, addiction and recovery, Amy Winehouse has promised that her next album will be out by January. Although it's not clear whether she has actually started recording the record, the singer has predicted something "very much the same" as 2006's Back to Black.

"The album will be six months at the most," Winehouse told Metro. She was speaking at the premiere of the film Psychosis, directed by Reg Traviss – allegedly Winehouse's new boyfriend. "It's going to be very much the same as my second album, where there's a lot of jukebox stuff and songs that are – just jukebox, really."

Unless "jukebox" is obscure slang – or a new dubstep sub-genre – we can assume this means an encore of Back to Black's neo-retro production, with dusty horns and burnished backing singers. However, this sound's key architect, producer Mark Ronson, said last week that he has yet to start recording the album. "Amy hasn't begun working on her next record yet," he told journalists after a gig at the 100 Club. "When she's got 10 songs we'll go down to the studio together."

Winehouse had been a surprise guest at the Ronson concert, singing the lead on Valerie, from his Versions album. But the performance was rocky, as Winehouse appeared to forget the song's lyrics. "I was probably a bit out of sync," the singer later admitted. She claims she had forgotten which version of Valerie they were playing – "the one that came out like the Supremes", or the unreleased version that she claims to perform with her band. "It was really fun to be onstage with him, though."

After the million-selling, multiple Grammy-winning Back to Black, expectations for Winehouse's next album are high. As early as 2008, an exec at Universal Records was calling her new material "exceptional", and in October 2009, the co-president of Island Records said he had been "floored" by demos. The album, he said, would "hopefully" be out in 2010. But so far the recording seems to have been a series of stops and starts. Despite starting three tracks for a tribute to Quincy Jones, and even a James Bond theme, none of these came to fruition. She was also reported to be working with Salaam Remi, who co-produced Back to Black, in St Lucia and later Jamaica; not to mention her father's now-disputed claim that she recorded three tracks with Ronson in the spring.

Still, Winehouse has not been completely idle. She started a record label to release her goddaughter's debut. She got married – and divorced. And according to Questlove, of the Roots, there is talk of a supergroup featuring himself, Winehouse and rapper Mos Def. It's "jazzy", he told Rolling Stone. Or perhaps just jukebox.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#130 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

Mark. as I suspected, seems to have not been in the loop: http://www.digitalsp...nehouse-lp.html

"I'm not sure if she's working on a new album yet, but we made a song a month ago so we definitely are working together and I hope we get to work on her album," he told PA.

#131 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

Have to disagree with him on Yoko's 'talent'.

#132 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

^ She ruined the Plastic Ono Band! - Homer Simpson

#133 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

When Mark said 'When she's got 10 songs then we'll go down to the studio together', it sounds like he's assuming he's actually going to be the producer of her next album. Maybe he's not, and maybe he didn't get the Salaam Remi memo.

It just seemed a bit presumptuous of him to say that.

Edited by Lainey, 19 July 2010 - 10:20 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#134 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Something ain't right there. How could he not know Salaam's been working with her having just worked with her himself?

#135 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:14 AM

^ The article links to this July 8 interview:

Has there been any progress with the third Amy Winehouse record?
"Not that I know of. You'd have to speak to somebody at her label. We made a song together about a month ago for a Quincy Jones tribute collection and that was the last time we spoke."

http://www.digitalsp...ark-ronson.html
It was in April they recorded together. Maybe he didn't want to admit they hadn't spoken in 3 months. Maybe Amy's sloppy performance was her passive-aggressive way of telling him she doesn't care for his pop music. Judging by her appearance, it seemed she cared about singing with her dad & meeting Tony Bennett, but not about singing with Mark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users