91 replies to this topic

#76 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

Offtopic but... It's 10 years since Aaliyah's death in three days, went to check now that you've mentioned it. It seems like yesterday. So sad.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#77 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

Offtopic but... It's 10 years since Aaliyah's death in three days, went to check now that you've mentioned it. It seems like yesterday. So sad.

Yep 10 years went by really fast. When it happened 10 years ago I was nine years old and didn't know much about her. Obviously I knew who she was from seeing her on tv a lot ....but I mainly knew about her because my neighbor who was about 7 was a HUGE fan of her. I actually broke the news to her and she did not believe me at first and thought I was joking.

Since then I've gotten to know her music better and have become a fan

Anyway back on topic. Right now at the top of my list for people I would like to see tribute Amy is Nas. When I brought up Eminem I was only referring to the fact that I am curious to see how he would rap over a beat to one of Amy's songs. Don't worry as much as I am a fan of him I would NOT want to see an actual tribute to Amy from him. Mainly because I doubt they had a close relationship.

So basically my list of musicians to tribute her are

Nas
Adele
?uestlove/Roots

#78 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Yep 10 years went by really fast. When it happened 10 years ago I was nine years old and didn't know much about her. Obviously I knew who she was from seeing her on tv a lot ....but I mainly knew about her because my neighbor who was about 7 was a HUGE fan of her. I actually broke the news to her and she did not believe me at first and thought I was joking.

Since then I've gotten to know her music better and have become a fan

Yeah me too... More Than A Woman was big but sadly I hadn't heard very much about her until she passed away. I remember her quite often, I don't know why, think about how well she'd do today. She was such a gorgeous girl, a talented pop star without the aspiring stripper image.

I'd love Ronson and Dionne to make a Brits tribute.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#79 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

I thought the folks that aren't terribly keen on Kanye might find this amusing. :D

http://blogs.sfweekl...anye_west_b.php
"I've got hair like them"

#80 songwriter

songwriter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Having Kanye to a cover of Back to Black could be awesome. She loved hip-hop.

#81 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

I think he might murder it! >:-)

#82 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

I dont want Kanye West to make his own Back to Black remake. He killed katy Perry Et song when they did the remix. If kanye wants to make an Amy tribute make your own tribute like GreenDay did. But Amy did call you a cunt 3 times!!

#83 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

I love Kanye but doesn't this say a synthesized version? If not autotune then this means that some how it may not be his real voice. He said he made his 2008 album autotune because he wanted to dedicate it to his mother....and can't sing....so he just did autotune.

But its still weird to imagine a autotune of "Back to Black"

Edit: Also......I just thought about this. Won't it be weird to hear Kanye singing about a guy that kept his "dick wet"

Edited by LegendJJ, 21 September 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#84 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

Kanye is hip hop?

#85 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

I dont want Kanye West to make his own Back to Black remake. He killed katy Perry Et song when they did the remix. If kanye wants to make an Amy tribute make your own tribute like GreenDay did. But Amy did call you a cunt 3 times!!

My thoughts exactly. Kanye's just gonna go in with his ego and make it about him.

When/why did Amy call him a cunt?
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#86 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

My thoughts exactly. Kanye's just gonna go in with his ego and make it about him.

When/why did Amy call him a cunt?

Yeah that's true!

Amy called Kayne a cunt on the Glastonbury in 2008 before one of her songs. She said that she wasn't a cunt like Kayne, and later on said that kayne next album should be Cunts like kayne or something like that! I think amy didn't like him becuase kayne would always be throwing fits when he didn't won.

Kayne response was "omg Amy Winehouse hates me, I officially made it!!!!!!!"

Me for some reason, I don't like Kayne at all

#87 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

Kanye is hip hop?

Um yeah he is..your gonna tell me that collab album he had with jay z recently wasn't hip hop?:-S

Also guys can we stop saying that Amy hated Kanye. We don't know what was in her head so I don't know why we are automatically assuming that she hated him.

#88 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

I think what Amy actually said was "at least I'm not opening for a cunt like Kanye" during Some Unholy War, in reference to the controversy surrounding Jay-Z headlining Glastonbury

#89 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

"As talented and creative as you are, you are not going to make any improvements to a song that is already perfect".
Quote from the article that sums up perfectly what I think.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#90 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

I think what Amy actually said was "at least I'm not opening for a cunt like Kanye" during Some Unholy War, in reference to the controversy surrounding Jay-Z headlining Glastonbury

Yep. But its kind of strange she said that. Didn't Jay perform just before her? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users