#436 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Why are the lights so bright? isn’t our talent as artists enough? Why do we try SO hard? Does a moonman mean what it did back then? Should we feel pumped when we get one? Should our mom’s cry? I am not even thinking about it that hard. I will close my eyes in 90 seconds and have total peace… But, seriously. Why are we waving around so much? Why do we NEED this shit so bad? Why don’t we just have MUSIC? DO music? soul?

Unfortunately those who sell a lot are showmen, who need all the lights and waving to make up for their lack of talent. There are of course a lot of talented people but not always recognised by the mainstream audience. So MTV will always go for the $$$ instead of talent.

Sad thing a month ago we lost one of these great talents who DO music. Even more sad is that she was popular and recognised but it was for all the wrong reasons.

60do5Ti.jpg

#437 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

The VMAs stopped being about the awards a long time ago, nowadays it's only about waiting for someone to do something ridiculous so there's something to write about. This year it was crossdressing, tummy rubbing and people wearing cheese on their head. Sad really.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#438 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

The VMAs stopped being about the awards a long time ago, nowadays it's only about waiting for someone to do something ridiculous so there's something to write about. This year it was crossdressing, tummy rubbing and people wearing cheese on their head. Sad really.

Lmao, but it's so true.

#439 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

i get your point with Valerie, but I guess I would have preferred another song, maybe just another cover but something a little bit deeper. I never really liked Valerie. To me it's just a so, so song. So to hear this song was a disappointment...When George Michael did LIALG, I thought it was very respectful even if it's a very personal song. These songs, even if quite personal, live on their own too. I don't know... the small tribute of G.Michael was way more moving to me than this fast and unpersonal tribute. I believe they didn't have much time to plan a much proper tribute, maybe...

not to sound rude but it was a tribute to AMY, not for your personal enjoyment. she loved singing valerie and the tribute was beautifully and tastefully done. can people just let it rest already? i feel like this constant bickering and criticism is just as bad as the paparazzi that hounded her when she was alive. if you're true fans, just be glad that people came together to honor her memory and stop nitpicking every last thing. it's not about YOU.

#440 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

Well, I think Dionne's opinion about the tribute is clear (she even retweeted Pablo) :

http://twitter.com/#!/dionneofficial

dionneofficial Dionne Bromfield
Should be Lauren hill,jennnifer Hudson or the dap kings should be doing Tributes to Amy at VMA dappy kings supported Amy when she toured USA
28 aug

thejoehoskins Joe Hoskins by dionneofficial
@dionneofficial exactly, I like Jessie J and Gaga but it just seems like they are going for the big names rather than the right style!
28 aug

JJJodieLLL Jodie Louza by dionneofficial
Tricky situation,its lovely that people wanna pay tribute to Amy,but tbh it has to be about her life&what she liked @dionneofficial xx
28 aug

Meh_its_Shannon Shannon(: by dionneofficial
@dionneofficial You're actually right with this.. the kinda music she liked they should be doing the tributes. not like any random person xx
28 aug

LivCR Livvy by dionneofficial
I love @dionneofficial for standing up for her friend rather than kissing up to people in the music industry :) <328 aug

ladyjanetweets Jane by dionneofficial
@dionneofficial Honestly, I don't think this is about the artists, it's about the producers - MTV. It's logical they prefer #1 pop singers.

Summer_Dubz ♡ Summer ♡ by dionneofficial
@dionneofficial ahh Jennifer Hudson would of done a mind blowing tribute, her voice is amazing, it really should of been her.

So Glad @Adele is doing a Tribute to Amy' one of our home girl..got a lot of love for her.x

Enjoyed @brunomars Performance at vma of the zutons song/mark ronson of Valerie for Amy Winehouse Tribute!!.x

snowbunny43 Nany K. by dionneofficial
@dionneofficial Yeah, but 2 bad the tribute wasn't from a song of hers. Who pays tribute with a cover of a cover? Silly.

pablodmusic Pablo Delgado by dionneofficial
@dionneofficial I thought it was crap. Bruno Mars? Valerie? Why on earth do a tribute to such a songwritter with one of her few covers?
19 uur geleden

@BrunoMars I say this for the last time,I Did enjoy his Take on valerie,could not understand @MTV not doing a song Amy wrote & sang Tribute.
14 uur geleden

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think I trust Dionne more to know what Amy really would have liked than an MTV producer.

#441 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

The thing that bothered me was Russell Brand saying Amy leaves behind Mitch, Janis and goddaughter Dionne, what about her brother Alex

#442 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

I think Russell's original blog post was very sweet and well-meant, but his decision (or MTV's?) to revive it shows that he didn't really know Amy that well and hasn't much to say. IMO, there are very few people in the entertainment world who knew the real Amy, and the ones who did probably aren't considered newsworthy.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#443 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

I think Russell's original blog post was very sweet and well-meant, but his decision (or MTV's?) to revive it shows that he didn't really know Amy that well and hasn't much to say. IMO, there are very few people in the entertainment world who knew the real Amy, and the ones who did probably aren't considered newsworthy.

You guys are really ungrateful.

I totally understand that MTV went about her tribute the wrong way, but Russel Brand tried to do her some justice and with the short amount of time he was allowed to speak, I think he did an excellent job. His words were very eloquent and he was totally sincere. What else could you want!

#444 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Had to laugh at the self-styled "Tyler the Creator" who won an award. What a musical midget next to a real creator like Amy. It's funny, but it's also embarrassing and depressing that this is the state of the music business.

Who the hell is that kid? I was like "huh"??? I thought he was just some random teenager who was getting a joke award - him and all his badly dressed friends.

#445 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

The thing that bothered me was Russell Brand saying Amy leaves behind Mitch, Janis and goddaughter Dionne, what about her brother Alex

I thought the exact same thing!

#446 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:25 PM

Who the hell is that kid? I was like "huh"??? I thought he was just some random teenager who was getting a joke award - him and all his badly dressed friends.

Me tooo!! I was floored!!! What a foul mouth!! Really awful!!
I was like please shut up already!!!:amyshock: Take that really gross shirt and cram it in your filthy mouth >:-(. It's a wonder I don't listen to much new music. Loved seeing Tony and Amy though, can't wait to hear the whole
song.
Lol

#447 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

I respect your opinion but I'm entitled to my own views. I don't think that makes me, or anyone else 'ungrateful'.

You guys are really ungrateful.

I totally understand that MTV went about her tribute the wrong way, but Russel Brand tried to do her some justice and with the short amount of time he was allowed to speak, I think he did an excellent job. His words were very eloquent and he was totally sincere. What else could you want!

Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#448 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

What did Tyler do wrong now? He's just a cocky kid, let him be. Did you see his mom when he won...

Posted Image

How can you hate on that? LOL

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#449 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

What did Tyler do wrong now? He's just a cocky kid, let him be. Did you see his mom when he won...

Posted Image

How can you hate on that? LOL

I have no idea who he is - he just didn't come off very well. I just learned he's a 20 yr old rapper. But his mom was very happy, which she should be.

#450 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

Me tooo!! I was floored!!! What a foul mouth!! Really awful!!
I was like please shut up already!!!:amyshock: Take that really gross shirt and cram it in your filthy mouth >:-(. It's a wonder I don't listen to much new music. Loved seeing Tony and Amy though, can't wait to hear the whole
song.
Lol

The cursing was unnecessary. That's true. But he was probably just too emotional. He's probably one of those peopl that randomly start cursing because they get emotional. Lol that annoys me.

Btw as for what he was wearing......EWWW look a young kid wearing a TSHirt with a design on it with baggy pants....how appalling8-/

Oh NO!!! A tshirt with a Little Cat on it. This guy is so disgusting. What a gross shirt.

Cats are evil!!!

Posted Image

Oh no my eyes!!!....The shirt is too bright DAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!!!
>:-(

Edited by LegendJJ, 30 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users