#61 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

PS: I the Yahoo group, is she bunnycaress?[/QUOTE]
Yes she is. She used to run that site when she was about 17 or 18. Here's one of her messages:
Hey... if you love old MGM movies, this is the place for you....I'm Amy, this is my club, welcome!! Who's your favourite old movie actor??
OMG I'm crazy about old MGM movies (especially musicals). How great would had been to speak with her about my other passion. It's amazing how many things in common we have.
People who used to chat with her back then must feel really special. They got to know her (although just a little) before the rest of the world.
Oh, my girl, you're so fucking awesome. LOVE YOU & MISS YOU MORE EVERY DAY xx.

Edited by ladyamy, 27 August 2011 - 12:15 PM.

• celinafy3, perrytm3 and francisyb18 like this
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#62 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

Other group she had:
http://sports.groups.../messages/1?l=1

She had another one, I'm trying to find the link

EDIT: I've founded her profile sheet.
http://web.archive.o...com/bunnycaress

Edited by lolainas, 27 August 2011 - 12:45 PM.

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#63 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

i'm not surprised she had a WWF group lol she was a huge wrestling fan but i'm sure a lot of us were at some point!

#64 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

amy & her wrestling action figures

Attached Files

#65 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

Other group made by Amy:
http://movies.groups.../messages/1?l=1

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#66 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

I should let you know my movie taste's pretty eclectic. I love mob shit, Marty movies, Coppola, Coens (Lebowski in particular - "Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit"), Hitchcock - but then again I'm partial to a few Gene Kelly musicals. But hey - who isn't? I'm also a closet fan of Dirty Dancing, Ferris Bueller's Day Off -I love everything that Michael Madsen (Donnie Brasco, Reservoir Dogs, Thelma and Louise) has done -he's my favourite actor, and very underrated.

http://movies.groups...hack/message/18

there we go, in amy's own words.

#67 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

She had more shoes than me! When my mom tells me again I have more shoes than Carrie Bradshaw I'll show her that picture. Then she'll realised how a big mistake she's made and to apologise she'll buy me a few more pairs.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#68 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

"Coens (Lebowski in particular - "Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit")"
what a riot!! thx Annie

Well, we know Amy loved Grease 2 right?! from Best Friends, "You're Stephanie and I'm Paulette..."

#69 Pepper

Pepper

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Does anyone know who designed the dress she wears in the Tears Dry On Their Own video? I've always been crazy about that dress.
Amy's style was highly influenced by the 50's (dresses, shoes, bags) and 60's (beehive and makeup) fashion, but she added her personal touch and that's what makes it so special. I think she was incredibly elegant, not only because of her clothes but also for her attitude. In my opinion elegance is something you are born with (or without) and Amy actually had this capacity to turn every single thing she did into something elegant.
By the way using the past tense when talking about Amy breaks my heart in an undescriptable way.

Pretty sure I remember reading that the tdoto dress was by a design house/designer called Arrogant Cat.

#70 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

^thanks, I tried searching for arrogant cat online and this looks like the dress:
http://www.polyvore....ze=l&tid=225725
http://www.polyvore....thing?id=225725

I don't think you can still buy it though...

#71 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

I just found out that she.had Russian ancestry on her mothers side of the family...

Sorry I'm really late lol

Edited by LegendJJ, 28 August 2011 - 01:03 AM.

#72 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:25 AM

Small feature in the press today explaining Amy had a superstition about red roses and nearly always got a bad feeling from them. The only time she thought they were acceptable was on Valentine's Day otherwise they represented bad luck. She said she would sometimes buy them for herself on that day if not receiving any - but only then.

Also she adored the 1946 film It's A Wonderful Life and had watched it so many times she knew the screenplay inside out. She used to enjoy watching it whenever she felt depressed or unhappy with the world in general.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#73 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

I just found out that she.had Russian ancestry on her mothers side of the family...

Sorry I'm really late lol

i've seen that in a few articles about amy's ancestry & its also on wikipedia i think its incorrect though because mitch mentioned his russian ancestry on 'my daughter amy.', janis was born in new york although i guess its possible she also descended from russian jews.

Her maternal (i'm sure they meant paternal) ancestors emigrated from Russia in the 19th century and were living in Spitalfields, east London, in 1911.

Abraham Grandish, born in 1855, worked as a hawker selling fruit while his daughter Fanny, born in 1895, was employed as a waterproofer.

#74 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

"Coens (Lebowski in particular - "Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of shit")"
what a riot!! thx Annie

Well, we know Amy loved Grease 2 right?! from Best Friends, "You're Stephanie and I'm Paulette..."

yes! i always loved that line because usually when people talk about grease 2 they do it with hate in their heart lol prior to hearing 'best friends' i thought it was just me & this other dude who loved the movie so its nice to know amy had an appreciation for it too lol

would have loved to hear her sing cool rider, reproduction or better yet girl for all seasons...oh & score tonight, would have been hilarious.

#75 jaxie

jaxie

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

I clicked on her screenname "Bunnycaress" and it brought me to what I believe was her page. It said her name was Janis Mithchel.....The first names of both her parents. Did anyone else notice that? Also, I noticed she was a Lebowski fan. (Me too!) It's weird, whenever I watched it I wondered if she liked it as well cause she is Jewesh herself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)