49 replies to this topic

#1 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

Mitch will be on Piers Morgan next Tuesday. There is a short video below.
http://piersmorgan.b...-it/?hpt=pm_mid

#2 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

What is it with people grieving on TV after their loved ones die? Honestly I don't understand this. It's just wrong, I love Amy so much but this annoys the hell outta me. It's unnecessary, seriously. People will cherish the memory of her without Piers fucking Morgan or anyone else. If they don't, then they didn't care so much in the first place.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#3 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

poor mitch, i feel so bad for him...

quite surprised he's doing piers though, after what he said following amy's death but then his show is widely watched (right?) & they'll discuss the foundation.

#4 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

I agree...

I wonder if he has even heard or read what Piers said about Amy's family and friends ? He probably wasn't reading newspapers in the chaos after Amy's death.

#5 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

after what he said following amy's death

What was it that he said?

#6 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

What was it that he said?

He said that her family seemed very dysfunctional. And that they were partly responsible for her destructive lifestyle :

"Morgan believes that drugs and alcohol are the cause of Amy's death, adding friends and family should also share in the burden of Winehouse's destructive lifestyle. "The family seemed very dysfunctional to me," explains Piers. "Yes she's to blame for being the way she was to a large degree but I think a lot of people should be soul searching today about why they weren't with her. How could a girl with that talent and that acclaim around the world die in an apartment, on her own apparently, with all those drugs inside her? To me, it doesn't make any sense that something like that should happen."

Here is the video of the interview with Piers Morgan :

http://www.etonline.com/tv/112735_Piers_Morgan_on_Amy_Winehouse_Death_Friends_and_Family_Need_Soul_Searching/index.html

8-/

#7 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

What is it with people grieving on TV after their loved ones die? Honestly I don't understand this. It's just wrong, I love Amy so much but this annoys the hell outta me. It's unnecessary, seriously. People will cherish the memory of her without Piers fucking Morgan or anyone else. If they don't, then they didn't care so much in the first place.

You take the words out my mouth.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#8 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

I am just wondering if Mitch wasn't fame hungry and persueing his own career as a singer, perhaps it would all be different and Amy still alive. Because he was seeking fame himself he missed things that a father who wasn't embroiled in persueing a career may have dealt with differently.

#9 Chloë

Chloë

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Oh god, not Morgan :-/

#10 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

I think he is going on a media blitz to bring attention to Amy's foundation.
He has to while the public's memory is fresh.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#11 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

I am just wondering if Mitch wasn't fame hungry and persueing his own career as a singer, perhaps it would all be different and Amy still alive. Because he was seeking fame himself he missed things that a father who wasn't embroiled in persueing a career may have dealt with differently.

what was he supposed to have done that would have prevented her death though?

#12 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

I wouldn't put it that way, he obviously loves his daughter very much, but he sure loves the attention too. Not the attention after her death, but in general. Only sometimes his need for attention is completely off-puting, like in this case. Just my opinion though.

#13 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

It angers me all of the nasty comments towards mitch and the family. You try having an addicted or an alcoholic child. I highly doubt its as easy as you put it.

#14 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

He said that her family seemed very dysfunctional. And that they were partly responsible for her destructive lifestyle :

"Morgan believes that drugs and alcohol are the cause of Amy's death, adding friends and family should also share in the burden of Winehouse's destructive lifestyle. "The family seemed very dysfunctional to me," explains Piers. "Yes she's to blame for being the way she was to a large degree but I think a lot of people should be soul searching today about why they weren't with her. How could a girl with that talent and that acclaim around the world die in an apartment, on her own apparently, with all those drugs inside her? To me, it doesn't make any sense that something like that should happen."

Here is the video of the interview with Piers Morgan :

http://www.etonline.com/tv/112735_Piers_Morgan_on_Amy_Winehouse_Death_Friends_and_Family_Need_Soul_Searching/index.html

8-/

Thank you so much for explaining. They haven't mentioned anything about it over here and I don't even know the guy.

#15 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

It angers me all of the nasty comments towards mitch and the family. You try having an addicted or an alcoholic child. I highly doubt its as easy as you put it.

What ''all of the nasty comments"? I just think these kind of interviews are tacky in general, didn't say nothing about Mitch and his parenting abilities. I don't think having a child equals a right to any opinion anyway... Obviously people will assume a lot of things, but he choose to be a public person so I guess he can handle it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users