49 replies to this topic

#31 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

was pretty presumptive of him with the 'all the drugs inside her' statement too. I thought reporters were supposed to be as objective as possible and not draw conclusions so quickly...guess he has some egg on his face now.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#32 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

My YouTube buddy is so grand. He posted this..thought you all might be interested. from the Morgan interview to air on Tuesday, 9/13

#33 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

I too enjoy hearing Mitch talk about Amy. It's clear that he and Amy were close and that he tried hard to help her. He does like to talk, but he's quite genuine, just like Amy. So for me, because Amy was family, Mitch is too. I will probably never met him in person, so seeing him on TV is the next best thing. It's a way of connecting with Amy, similar to the way we connect with her by talking among ourselves here.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#34 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

How does he know the family are dysfunctional? Has he met them?

Exactly and doesn't he also remember he was once an editor at News of the World...the same publication that we learned days after Amy died that Amy was one of the many people who they hacked and they would hack her phone to find out when she went to and left rehab centers....

He was an editor of a publication like that and he has the nerve to criticize Amy and her family in this way and claim they are "dysfunctional". Ever since this dickhead replaced Larry King(I live in the US and never heard of him until he took Larrys job)....he has been pissing me off more and more with his big mouth.

Someone really needs to humble this guy.

#35 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Maybe it can be a tribune to clarify certain rumors or assumptions put out by that tabloids. I hope he uses this opportunity to pay tribute to Amy. She deserves more respect after all the trash that's been said about her.

Where was that respect when she needed it... I'm sorry but I think it's all useless... I wish they would let her rest. (and I mean respect from other people, not Mitch, before someone says I'm slagging him off again)

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#36 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

What Mitch said is lovely. But he's grieving in public, which unfortunately - and perhaps unavoidably - makes him - and all Amy's loved ones - vulnerable to sharks like Piers Morgan. :(
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#37 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

FYI - Anderson Cooper show on Monday Sept 12th is at 4pm ET.

Please someone tape it - I will be at work!

#38 Cariena

Cariena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

He's going on Cooper too? :rolleyes: Sorry but NO.

#39 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

Cooper will be nice. All I can say is if Piers isn't nice he'll have a lot of negativity comin' down on him....that is fer sure!!!!

Years ago, Tina Turner did a 60 minutes interview with Mike Wallace. Yes, THE Mike Wallace who reduced Streisand to tears with his nasty meanness(he has since apologized to her). Anyway, the film rolls and Tina walks in and tells Mike right to his face, "you better be good to me." Wallace asks her what that is about, and Tina replies, "just...be good to me". I think she raised her hand for emphasis.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for the Winehouse family to do the same thing.

#40 DeLuxe

DeLuxe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

More details on the Anderson Cooper interview and Mitch talking about what he believes to be her cause of death:

http://www.google.co...1a2324c0f1d277a

#41 Lydia

Lydia

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

That article mentions Librium; an overdose (whether intentional or unintentional) of Librium would explain the Belgrade performance.

Librium is a benzodiazepine. Side effects include:

• Confusion
  • Drowsiness
  • Fluid retention (usually in limbs and face)
  • Decreased muscular strength and coordination
  • Yellow skin and eyes
  • Decreased cognitive functioning
  • Lowered serotonin levels

They do prescribe it for alcohol withdrawal, but it also induces a feeling of relaxation and euphoria, especially if more than the recommended dosage is taken. Large doses are rarely fatal (which is why it's a commonly abused drug), but it's very dangerous when combined with alcohol.

#42 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

How does he know the family are dysfunctional? Has he met them?

They were dysfunctional. Mitch effectivelly had 2 wifes; when Amy was 9, he left to be with another woman then carried on having both his first wife and 2nd wife in this life at the same time. That's not easy for a child to cope with. Complicated psychology not easy to understand in a sentence or 2!

But I do feel the love from Amy's singing/music, well some of it at least - you can feel the love somewhere, so I know what Mitch is talking about to some extent. But not when she was out her nut on drugs!

Edited by Nigel Jam, 10 September 2011 - 12:58 AM.

#43 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:56 AM

They were dysfunctional

I've yet to come across a family that wasn't

#44 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

They were dysfunctional. Mitch effectivelly had 2 wifes; when Amy was 9, he left to be with another woman then carried on having both his first wife and 2nd wife in this life at the same time. That's not easy for a child to cope with. Complicated psychology not easy to understand in a sentence or 2!

But I do feel the love from Amy's singing/music, well some of it at least - you can feel the love somewhere, so I know what Mitch is talking about to some extent. But not when she was out her nut on drugs!

mitch had a wife & a mistress, he then left his wife & married his mistress but remained on good terms with janis. i don't think its the same as having two wives & i wouldn't think he was doing anything inappropriate after that divorce came through.

as far as piers talking about dysfunction in the winehouse family, as i said before he has a brother in law who was a member of amy's band so whatever it was he saw while on tour with amy, he's relayed it back to piers.

#45 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users