49 replies to this topic

#16 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

And here we go insulting her loved ones again? Its ridiculous.

When celebrities die, this sometimes happen. It doesn't have to. It doesn't always happen, but it shouldn't be a surprise. To some extent, the public was apart of their life. This is what fame is. The only surprising thing is that its Piers after the quote that was posted but lets be honest, the only other choices aren't available anymore. Barbara Walters, Larry King, Oprah. Anderson is scheduled.

Edited by D-Bomb, 08 September 2011 - 01:23 AM.

#17 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:43 PM

I don't understand the need that Mitch has to go to a TV show :/ but each one cope with passing at their manner..

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#18 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

Maybe he is fame hungry in general, and i've even seen tweets of Amy about that (although i doubt you should listen to kids when they complain about their parents), but can't imagine he is doing all these interviews after her death for any other reason than the foundation.

60do5Ti.jpg

#19 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

Piers is tacky but the media is the media. Mitch looked as though he'd been crying before he spoke.

I do wish they had stood in more with Amy but I honestly do think Amy's family genuinely didn't know how to handle the situation. She went away to an island to quit a drug habit while most would have checked into rehab and stayed there for the full program. That couldn't have been easy but she did it.

I think Mitch had been running around like a chicken with his head cut off for a while after Amy's death. Trying to keep busy, etc... I feel bad for him as a father of a daughter who seemed to have been going through a lot but seemed to have put a lot of people first and before herself yet there didn't seem to be one person that did the same for her.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#20 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:42 AM

Maybe he is fame hungry in general, and i've even seen tweets of Amy about that (although i doubt you should listen to kids when they complain about their parents), but can't imagine he is doing all these interviews after her death for any other reason than the foundation.

That's what I don't like/undertand about Mitch, though. I think he was just as much apart of publicizing Amy's frailties as the media at a certain point TO THE POINT whenre he heard things about his daughter's behavior in St. Lucia and decided to take a camera crew down there to visit her instead of just visiting her and checking on her. You're her father first and foremost, not a news reporter getting the scoop. His intentions were probably well but I just don't know about that man, sometimes. He got down there and she was fine and didn't want cameras in her face. Then, he'd shoo away people wanting to take pictures with her when she didn't mind one bit. That's why I'll NEVER understand there reasons for yanking her back to London to record an album.

And the whole Amy/Sinatra response from him annoys me. It seemed like he envied Amy's career a bit.

La la la... whatever.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#21 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

^^I'm a new one so didn't know about all this stuff really. Maybe he tried everything else and thought this was the only way left he could possibly approach her. Just guessing... But anyway everyone make mistakes, but the important thing is, as you you say, that his intentions were good.

60do5Ti.jpg

#22 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:38 AM

It's a difficult situation. She was a grown woman and living her life the way she wanted to. Unless you tie the person down and keep them hostage, they'll do what they want. It's not as easy, you can only do some much for a person sometimes. You can't really change anyone, they have to change themselves. It sucks, honestly. We can never know the exact details of what has happened to them. So, I don't appreciate this guys comments. It's rude and unnecessary.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#23 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

hey guys, can we lay off Mitch and keep this positive in light of the fact he just lost his daughter. Sure we all have opinions but I'm just concerned this is not the right time for criticism. Did it occur to anyone here that maybe he or anyone in the family might be checking in and reading about our love for Amy, what we're going through, etc....

Pls give the guy a break, he's doing the best he can...we all are

#24 DeLuxe

DeLuxe

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

hey guys, can we lay off Mitch and keep this positive in light of the fact he just lost his daughter. Sure we all have opinions but I'm just concerned this is not the right time for criticism. Did it occur to anyone here that maybe he or anyone in the family might be checking in and reading about our love for Amy, what we're going through, etc....

Pls give the guy a break, he's doing the best he can...we all are

Totally agree. What I see in Mitch is someone with a big and open heart, just like Amy had. He seems to be the kind of guy who needs to talk things out and to share his feelings. I appreciate Mitch doing these interviews because I know that he just wants to share the good qualities about his daughter that the media never showed. He also has a good cause to promote in her name, and I don't see any problem with that.

#25 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

What I see in Mitch is someone with a big and open heart, just like Amy had. He seems to be the kind of guy who needs to talk things out and to share his feelings. I appreciate Mitch doing these interviews because I know that he just wants to share the good qualities about his daughter that the media never showed.

I completely agree with you, especially about him needing to talk things out. Maybe it wasn't always the best thing to do but I think he's always meant well.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#26 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:08 AM

I think he just wants the world to know who his daughter really was and set the record straight. Also promote the foundation, because it really will help many people in time. I don't see anything wrong with it, this is what happens when people are known around the world, everyone has some sort of in on it. It's alright to disagree with it, but what's done is done. I feel so much sorrow for this poor man. It's just not right to see your child pass on. That's going to be with him the rest of his life, along with Janis. My heart goes out to them ever so much. xo

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#27 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

I am just so glad that Mitch is willing and able to do these interviews on network shows, that will get out to the entire world, and speak about his daughter in a positive light. Its simply from the heart and done to help others with her foundation.

Like others have said, everyone deals with grief in their own way. When my mum passed away, I was devastated - I was in deep depression for 6 months, and lost 25 pounds, and could barely leave the house. Others, some like Mitch, need to keep busy, keep talking about their loved one. It doesn't mean his grief is any less.

Blessings & peace to him, Janis, Alex and the rest of the family.

#28 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

Maybe it can be a tribune to clarify certain rumors or assumptions put out by that tabloids. I hope he uses this opportunity to pay tribute to Amy. She deserves more respect after all the trash that's been said about her.

#29 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, he said so himself. As soon as she passed, all that went away. Everyone loved her again. It's almost as if she has been reborn. She was a tortured soul with an immense talent. People should have always focused solely on her music, but instead they fueled her problems in the media. Just imagine being in that situation, all over the papers just because someone took a picture of you blinking and it makes the headlines "off the wagon again". It's disturbing, they should be ashamed of themselves. They hounded her, fame can kill. I can understand a price of fame, but what she got was unearthly and shameful.

#30 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

He said that her family seemed very dysfunctional. And that they were partly responsible for her destructive lifestyle :

"Morgan believes that drugs and alcohol are the cause of Amy's death, adding friends and family should also share in the burden of Winehouse's destructive lifestyle. "The family seemed very dysfunctional to me," explains Piers. "Yes she's to blame for being the way she was to a large degree but I think a lot of people should be soul searching today about why they weren't with her. How could a girl with that talent and that acclaim around the world die in an apartment, on her own apparently, with all those drugs inside her? To me, it doesn't make any sense that something like that should happen."

Here is the video of the interview with Piers Morgan :

http://www.etonline.com/tv/112735_Piers_Morgan_on_Amy_Winehouse_Death_Friends_and_Family_Need_Soul_Searching/index.html

8-/

How does he know the family are dysfunctional? Has he met them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users