http://www.tmz.com/v...16-b7bde0d4df49

#2 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

i wonder if janis was able to get a word in edgewise. she was trying, she is a pharmacist lol, to tell him what librium was but i think he just used his own words anyway.
one reporter called mitch an exibitionist recently. pretty strong words for someone that loved his daughter. still, to me, he could go a bit overboard at times.

#3 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

Thanks for that Phil. I do feel bad for Janis, I hope she gets a chance to say he piece at some point in the show.

#4 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:25 AM

well the Librium would explain why she looked puffy, perhaps. I know that is a common complaint of pts(mostly women) is that it makes them feel bloated sometimes they can't wear their rings. Mixed w/alcohol(which they stated was also in her system at that time) is a big no-no. It helps keep people on an even keel during detox so they don't get 'jonesing' for alcohol.

thanks for the link, Phil.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#5 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

alcohol and librium can be a lethal combo. Antabuse might have been in order if she was struggling with chronic alcoholism. I see Reg there, briefly.

thx phil

#6 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

The Risks of Combining Librium and Alcohol

Drinking alcohol while taking Librium may increase your risk of certain Posted Image
Librium side effects, such as:

• Unusual behavior
  • Low blood pressure (hypotension)
  • Memory problems
  • Drowsiness
  • Dizziness
  • Problems with coordination.
It may also slow down both heart and breathing rates, which can cause you to pass out, have difficulty breathing, or may even lead to death. You may also be more sensitive to the effects of alcohol if you are taking Librium. You may not be able to safely drink as much alcohol as you are used to drinking in the past.
  • Love is a losing game likes this
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#7 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

i did a little reading up on librium just now & i'm guessing amy was affected by the side effects such as confusion & poor co-ordination. remember janis said the last time she saw her she seemed out of it & had to be helped down the stairs?

there's a few articles around that talk further about the anderson show & it would seem as if mitch thinks amy died from a seizure & also notes that amy does everything in excess from drinking to detox.

as far as closure goes i think the family definitely have this now.

#8 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

hm, do you think that could be the cause of her death?

but it's a good information, i think that the inquest is finally on track!
Amy flies in paradise

#9 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

i do, either a seizure or what susan said regarding lowering of heart rate & breathing, with alcohol being the catalyst in both scenarios.

#10 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

She looks so much like Janis sometimes.

She didn't seem to have a mic on either or may it was turned down.

Anywho, why was that set up like a talk show?! I thought Anderson Cooper was more of a one on one Larry King kind of thing? That was too Ricki Lake for my liking.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#11 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

The alcohol/librium combination would explain almost everything that happened.

Belgrade (side effects of taking Librium in combination with alcohol)
Unusual behavior
Confusion
Drowsiness
Dizziness
Memory problems
Problems wih coordination

Roundhouse Camden (side effects of Librium)
Fluid retention (usually in limbs and face)
Yellow skin

Friday
"out of it"
needed help to get down the stairs

#12 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

Anywho, why was that set up like a talk show?! I thought Anderson Cooper was more of a one on one Larry King kind of thing? That was too Ricki Lake for my liking.

i agree. disappointed to see him go with that format. and yeah, amy looked a lot like her mom. i've always liked janis and would rather spend a day with her rather than a day with mitch. at least it would be a conversation and not a speech.

#13 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

The Risks of Combining Librium and Alcohol

susan, that's the most accurate presentation on depression / brain chemistry that i've ever seen. i kept waiting for them to say something stupid but it was all good.

i thought i heard mitch say that there was the equivilant of 1 tab of librium in amy's system. if so, i would think, she must have drank-drunk a lot of booze. 60-80% of bipolar's drink or use other drugs, i know that depression is very high too. many if not most take psych meds that have the same outcome as librium with alcohol so i kind of lean toward a seizure killing amy.

i agree with kev that antabuse should have been in the mix but i guess it doesn't matter now.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#14 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:59 AM

I'd love to hear Janis speak her mind too, specially when it comes to Librium or whatever she had in her system. It'd be only logical to let the pharmacist and not the cabbie/singer speak about that.

Mitch is probably doing the best that he can but I've always had a soft spot for Janis and how discreet she's been all trough the years.
Posted Image

#15 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

i'm sure janis had a chance to speak & i doubt she would have gone into depth about librium anyway afterall she's there as a mother who lost her child & not as a medical professional despite her background as a pharmacist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users