82 replies to this topic

#31 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

I clicked on that link and then a video link and then a page that was half blank. Do you need a special player to view these video's?

no nigel, it should just play, nothing else required.

#32 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

I had the honor & privilege of meeting the Winehouses at the Anderson Show taping. They are genuinely NICE people. Mitch is a gentleman, Jane is lovely, Janis is SO sweet, Janis' boyfriend is deadpan funny & very doting on her.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#33 natalialoves

natalialoves

what kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

I had the honor & privilege of meeting the Winehouses at the Anderson Show taping. They are genuinely NICE people. Mitch is a gentleman, Jane is lovely, Janis is SO sweet, Janis' boyfriend is deadpan funny & very doting on her.

Wow that's amazing! You actually talked to them?

#34 Sassy

Sassy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Wow that's amazing! You actually talked to them?

Yes, I did. They are all very engaging & sincere. Amy IS Janis. The physical resemblance is uncanny. Same smile. You just want to give her a hug, & I did. We chatted a little, mother to mother.

Also chatted with Jane, who is so grounded & down to earth. Mitch is lucky to have such a wife.

#35 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

that's wonderful, Linda. They seem like such lovely people. I imagine myself walking up to Mitch if he's ever in The Bay Area promoting his cd at a club and telling him what a difference his daughter's art made in my life, and in so many lives....

#36 Sassy

Sassy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

that's wonderful, Linda. They seem like such lovely people. I imagine myself walking up to Mitch if he's ever in The Bay Area promoting his cd at a club and telling him what a difference his daughter's art made in my life, and in so many lives....

Mitch would give you the time of day too, Kev.

I asked Jane if Amy knew of the impact she had on people. Jane said Amy was too modest & humble to acknowledge it. She was just a homey, family girl.

Janis said she never gave a thought to herself, but fussed over everyone else. Janis held out her hands & said this was Amy..."What can I get you, are you hungry?" Always deflecting attention from herself, more concerned with others' wellbeing than her own.

#37 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Thanks

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#38 juniour

juniour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Thanks for sharing Lynda, i hope there's a way i can get to watch it in the UK.
~~~I Go Back to Black~~~
http://www.facebook.com/JuniourGoh

#39 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

I had the honor & privilege of meeting the Winehouses at the Anderson Show taping. They are genuinely NICE people.

Someone as nice as Amy doesn't come out of nowhere. She was a reflection of her family.

Amy IS Janis.

Someone once told Janis that she resembled Amy. Janis replied: No, Amy resembles me!
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#40 Sassy

Sassy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

[quote name='lyricgenius']Someone as nice as Amy doesn't come out of nowhere. She was a reflection of her family.

Dave, I told Janis that aside from the music, what influenced my opinion of Amy was that she 'comes from family.' I told her my Nonna always the judged the character of a person by that standard. 'She's good people, she comes from family.'

Janis said 'That's right, family is EVERYTHING. Although Mitch & I divorced years ago, we remain united...as family.'

#41 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

i have the day free tomorrow. i'll be taking notes and some video...

#42 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:47 AM

A bit more info on the interview

This quote is so sad, poor Winehouse family

Hearing the distraught tone of the security guard's voice, the father said his first words were: 'Is she dead?'

http://www.dailymail...ed-seizure.html

I find this quote even sadder:

Mitch added that he he regretted that his daughter was trying to kick her alcoholism without a doctor's help.

...especially considering her history ...

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#43 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

wow, Linda! how wonderful you were able to go to the taping and especially to be able to talk to the Winehouse family.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#44 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

for those in Canada, the episode of "Anderson" that her parents (and Sassy! lol) were on, will be aired on CTV at 5:00PM EST
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#45 Sassy

Sassy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

for those in Canada, the episode of "Anderson" that her parents (and Sassy! lol) were on, will be aired on CTV at 5:00PM EST

Thanks, Sue. I can watch it twice then! It's on CBS at 3pm EST.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users