36 replies to this topic

#31 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

One look at Daphne Barak's website and it is immediately clear that she is a self-centered fame whore.The layout looks like it has been designed by an internet-amateur in 1995. The entire site is plastered with her own picture, as if she is posing in a real life waxwork-museum. 8-/ Notice that she recently had an interview with Eva Langoria :

http://www.daphnebarak.com/

She doesn't even know the real name of the people she is "interviewing" ! As long as they are famous she is happy to pose with them, doesn't matter if they are dictators for example. Here she is, proudly posing with Khaddafi :

Posted Image

The only question is why someone allowed Daphne Barak to get close to a recovering Amy.:-S

#32 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

I hope I can cite few phrases to the purposes of this small review:

"I tell her, [...] 'You are not the most interesting person in the world. In fact you are becoming very boring. I don't wan't to hear all this.'
Amy is shocked. No one talks to her like this. She cries:'What do you mean?! [Do] you know how famous I am?'
I say, 'Amy,... I am more known in some countries than you...'
Even drunk and naked, Amy is funny. She looks at me and says, "Let's wrestle [to see] who is more famous!' "
(source: Daphne Barak "Saving Amy", New Holland 2010, p.168).

I don't even believe that is it has actually happened. What a bitch to make Amy look like that. I will NEVER read the book, ever. I'm not into that. If I want to read bullshit then I just go to the media.
Sorry, but I hate people like her. Disgusting.

"I am more known in some countrĂ­es than you"..... oh, you wish.... I do not even know who she is!

#33 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

And again as a group just to re-iterate she's a cunt!, vile parasite trying to make herself out to be Oprah, errr, never in a zillion years u hag!. x

#34 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

I hope I can cite few phrases to the purposes of this small review:

"I tell her, [...] 'You are not the most interesting person in the world. In fact you are becoming very boring. I don't wan't to hear all this.'
Amy is shocked. No one talks to her like this. She cries:'What do you mean?! [Do] you know how famous I am?'
I say, 'Amy,... I am more known in some countries than you...'
Even drunk and naked, Amy is funny. She looks at me and says, "Let's wrestle [to see] who is more famous!' "
(source: Daphne Barak "Saving Amy", New Holland 2010, p.168).

Wow. Are those countries on Earth? Never heard of her outside of this whole thing with Amy. Not being sarcastic, seriously no idea who she is.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#35 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

Wow. Are those countries on Earth? Never heard of her outside of this whole thing with Amy. Not being sarcastic, seriously no idea who she is.

You are not the only one. But if I then instead asked someone "Do you know who Amy Winehouse is?". Mostly everyone would say yes.

#36 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Yeah right. The girl who said she couldn't believe she actually had fans said that.

Never heard of that - apparently superfamous - Daphne person either.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#37 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

I don't know why Mitch ever thought it was a good idea to invite someone like Daphne Barak to do a documentary on Amy, especially at that time in her life, when she needed space to get better. But then Daphne has managed to worm herself into the lives of a lot of famous people and she's obviously got her insidious ways of convincing them. That and I believe at some point Mitch realised it was a big mistake, so I don't think it's fair for me to be hard on him.

I have to admit I've only read parts of the book, I'm no fan of celeb biographies and Daphne's writing seems to be among the worst of the kind to me. It's not just badly written (really badly, I mean REALLY), she's also sensationalist and caricaturises (is that a word?) everybody involved to make them fit into the story she wants to tell. She makes a big deal of the bits where she's with Amy to cover up the fact she didn't actually get to spend a lot of time with her at all, so those incidents are probably exaggerated and taken out of context. There does seem to be some interesting insight into Amy and her family though, but you have to find it in between Daphne's huge ego and her preconceptions.

I just started reading "Saving Amy" last night...

Couple of points. First when Amy was 9, Mitch got a new woman and he expected to have a relationship with his ex-wife and the new one at the same time - no problem. It doesn't seem to have occured to him what damage that would to to a 9 year old girl - Amy! I believe this is a major cause of Amy's problems. I just think its naive to think that having another woman and behaving as if that is normal is damaging to a kids mind. But it's obvious that what Amy felt about this was dismissed and not even considered.

Janis even says that when Amy was in hospital recovering from her over dose to have Mitchs 2nd woman sitting by the bed was deeply uncomfortable - perhaps this is how Amy had felt for the last 15 years!

Second: that Amy eloped with Blake and married him without telling her mother or father as a way of getting back at them. It was her way of rebelling. OK! I think what I'm saying here is bang on - ask any divorce councellor what divorce does to the mind of a 9 year old! Also research has been done that suggests kids that experience divorce are more prone to drug and alcohol abuse and mental health problems in latter years.

Edited by Nigel Jam, 06 October 2011 - 04:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users