45 replies to this topic

#31 PhemiosRK

PhemiosRK

Plz, at least Im not openin 4 a c* like Kanye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

I had 2 or 3 friends die from meth abuse. One was standing talking to a friend and said, 'when I die I want to go just like THAT!' About 20 seconds later he crumbled to the ground dead of a heart attack. He was 35.

That's pretty scary pearljo.
I always joke about my death but then again i don't do meth lol.
Still 'predictions' like this always seem kinda spooky to me. On the other hand, it's a 50 50 shot to actually say something about dying, which is then being remembered or interpretated as 'Oh my god he knew it all the time!!!'.... so yeah logic calms me down xD and no more jokes bout dying...

Tone.....haha
''If you could think of a four letter word to call someone, wouldn't it be better than 'brat'? ''

#32 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

I respect and admire Mr. Bennett, but I just do not understand the purpose of this (speculative) remark. I'm thrilled that he chose to work with Amy, and that the result is so special, but he's talked enough about Amy's personal problems, and I think he really needs to let this go. She's gone. There is no purpose or point to constantly dragging her personal issues up every single time he talks with a member of the media.

Let Amy rest in peace. What's done is done, and let her body of work speak for itself.
"I've got hair like them"

#33 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

I respect and admire Mr. Bennett, but I just do not understand the purpose of this (speculative) remark.

I bet it annoyed Mitch & Janis too. I can't believe anything he says after hearing him 3 times say Amy died a month after their recording session. And his story about how he brought up Dinah Washington and it miraculously transformed the session, as if they hadn't discussed her the first time they met. I think he's one of those people who sees reality in the most dramatic light possible and then sincerely believes it's the truth. Ronald Reagan had the same problem - and maybe Amy.

#34 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

It doesn't help that reporters are probably all constantly asking him about Amy, so it's hard for him not to repeat the same story. Even if he didn't want to comment on it anymore, it'd still be the first thing they ask him about, rather than the actual music.

#35 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

It doesn't help that reporters are probably all constantly asking him about Amy, so it's hard for him not to repeat the same story. Even if he didn't want to comment on it anymore, it'd still be the first thing they ask him about, rather than the actual music.

i was thinking about that too, probably first question out ... >:-(

#36 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I think because she was so in awe of him, and he has been going since the stone age, guy has seen them all, from sinatra, billie holiday through to todays lot, and out of all those years, esp with todays lot, she really stood out, in so many ways as being so naturally gifted as a unique and truly amazing talented musician, and for her to leave us after he got to work with her and they had a bond personally, and he's an old man, wise and has daughters, and has seen alot go through drugs and booze, he really feels it with regard to Amy.

Edited by Amysanchorcat, 04 October 2011 - 12:09 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#37 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

I bet it annoyed Mitch & Janis too. I can't believe anything he says after hearing him 3 times say Amy died a month after their recording session. And his story about how he brought up Dinah Washington and it miraculously transformed the session, as if they hadn't discussed her the first time they met. I think he's one of those people who sees reality in the most dramatic light possible and then sincerely believes it's the truth. Ronald Reagan had the same problem - and maybe Amy.

The reason behind all this is - he's 85 years old! LOL. He may have memory issues or something.

My grandmother is 85 and can't remember things from one day to another.

#38 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Tone is on the ball, and because of who she is, and now she's gone, they are going to ask him, plus what i said before, sure as hell don't think tone is senile!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#39 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

My grandmother is 85 and can't remember things from one day to another.

I'm 58 and can't remember what I had for breakfast. I'm amazed at Tony but his art and good genes have kept him around. Being a great singer and painter has to be very rewarding.

#40 AmyFanEternal

AmyFanEternal

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:19 AM

Its easy to say.. But hes probably right .

#41 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Tony tonight (10/10) on Piers Morgan:

"Of all the singers that I've ever heard, Amy was the best one. Really. She was a true, great, pop jazz singer. She heard everything. She was influenced just by the right music. She had the ears to know just what to leave out and what to put in. One of the secrets of a good performing singer is the heart. She never sang a line that she didn't mean. She was as good as Billie Holiday, as good as Ella Fitzgerald, even. She was as good as that level. She was a great singer."

http://www.examiner....he-s-ever-heard

#42 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

"Of all the singers that I've ever heard, Amy was the best one." It makes me so happy. If only she could hear this.

60do5Ti.jpg

#43 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:38 AM

I think he has regrets, like any human being would. Amy was the best thing to come along in ages and he really admired the uniqueness of her talent. Janis is quoted as saying she would be next after hearing of Hendrix passing. I don't see anything wrong with Tony's comments. He is in the press with the number 1 album in America and reporters want to hear about his experience with Amy.

#44 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

I'm sure, she tried to survive. And; yes, she knew that she was in trouble. Did you forget? She told us; ''I told you, I was trouble, you know that I'm no good.''
But Amy, believe me; I'm no good either!

Hey Amy, I miss you baby!
Posted Image

#45 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Well she said it her self on B2B "You know I'm Trouble!" So of course she would be...in trouble.

I knew she was in Trouble
But I couldn't get her help
She was such a tough nut to crack
Now I regret it all so bad!

My lyrics © 2011

Don't know if anyones posted the TV ad for Duets 2 but Amy's in it...

Edited by Nigel Jam, 11 October 2011 - 06:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users