:heart:Posted Image

#18 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

I grew up listening to Frank Sinatra, Dinah Washington and The Shirelles, so I can't stand hip hop. I know the key is in the lyrics, not in the music, but anyway I find it annoying.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#19 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

you growed up with good music ..! :)

better Quality ..

Edited by Mutterkorn1, 15 October 2011 - 08:09 PM.

:heart:Posted Image

#20 AmyFanEternal

AmyFanEternal

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

hip hop is a large part of Amy's music and specifically the lyrics.

#21 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

about the closest I've come to listening to rap is the opening of the tv show, "Fresh prince of Bel Air" LOL

glad we all have varied interests and tastes. otherwise, the world would be boring, yeah?

but I did try...I did try to listen to the videos posted here...and alas, I only got through about 3 words and had to stop.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#22 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

I love Hip-Hop. Before i learned about Amy i was only listening to Hip-Hop, with few exceptions (some rock, blues, jazz, country,reggae songs etc.). i'm thankfull to Amy for everything i learned about this new musical world to me, but Hip-Hop is so close to me (mostly because i grew up with this).

I love first and foremost Eminem and also the likes of Nas, 2Pac, Rakim, Notorious, KRS-One, Outkast, Ice Cube, Jay-Z, N.W.A. Dr. Dre, Method Man and the Wu-Tang Clan as a whole etc.

60do5Ti.jpg

#23 Chloë

Chloë

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

I listened to NaS and Mos Def for a bit, because Amy liked them so much.
NaS is a bit too "getting my game face ready" for me :P but I really like Mos Def, he's more I don't know, funky?

Apart from them I only really like Public Enemy & Lauryn Hill.
And fuck: OutKast! Love them, again that funky/soul thing.

#24 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

NO I DO NOT ! I listened a piece of it and i think it's shit . I do'nt like hip-hop at all . This is "musik" as modern art , from cubistic to abstrakt . It does nothing with me . I think it's music for the braindead . LOL

Wow.....>:-(

It is completely ignorant to say"I listened to a PIECE of it"....and therefore think its music for the braindead. Wtf? You judge music by listening to a piece of it. Sorry to get testy but I just don't like it when people do this(admit to listening to part of something and judging it as a whole when there are many differnet types of it).

By the way to everyone that thanked that post.......you basically agreed that Amy Winehouse was "brain dead". Nice job applaud yourself

Anyway like Dani said first and foremost is Eminem for me then Nas, Pac, Kanye, and Jay(in that order).

But I also listen to a lot of Rakim, Big Pun, Mos Def, Xzibit, Dr.Dre, Biggie, krs one, lupe fiasco, b.O.b, rhyme asylum, lowkey,etc.

I listen to good/great lyricists(kanye can be lyrically good in unconventional ways)don't listen to cornballs like soulja boy, lil wayne, drake, etc.

Ps. You shouldn't make up your own definition as to what "music" is. Rappers like Soulja Boy, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne COMPLETELY annoy me......but I wouldn't say they don't make music......I would just say in my opinion that there music is bad. I'm not gonna make up my own definition as to what music is and act like only classic music is real music.

/rant

Edited by LegendJJ, 17 October 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#25 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

I listened to NaS and Mos Def for a bit, because Amy liked them so much.
NaS is a bit too "getting my game face ready" for me :P but I really like Mos Def, he's more I don't know, funky?

Apart from them I only really like Public Enemy & Lauryn Hill.
And fuck: OutKast! Love them, again that funky/soul thing.

LOL about Nas "gameface" I assume you mean his monotone voice. If so yeah I know exactly what you mean. Even though he is my 2nd favorite I just wish he would be more exciting sometimes with his voice. He does once in a while...but could do it a lot more.

I like that in his new single "nasty" he seems more exciting. Hope that continues some more.
Public Enemy is one of the hip hop group I haven't listened to. Not out of lack of interest....just never got around to them. Obviously I know about "fight the power" but nothing else.

Might try listening to more of their music when I have the time

DAMN I WISH I COULD SEE AMY's MUSIC PLAYLIST. I wish she posted some of it on twitter :(

#26 Mb3

Mb3

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

In my teenage years I also used to listen mainly or I should better say only to hip hop music. Nowadays I still listen to it from time to time since I hoarded a little record collection of about thousand or more hip hop albums. I can see why a lot of people might be turned off by this kind of music but I guess everybody has a style or genre of music that he or she doesn't like. I've to admit that I still love to listen to hip hop and there are so many artists that I like that it'd be a much too big list to name all of them here but pretty nearly all of the rappers that were mentioned before on this thread are in my record collection so that means I also like their music.
Mb3, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Jan 2008.

#27 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

In my teenage years I also used to listen mainly or I should better say only to hip hop music. Nowadays I still listen to it from time to time since I hoarded a little record collection of about thousand or more hip hop albums. I can see why a lot of people might be turned off by this kind of music but I guess everybody has a style or genre of music that he or she doesn't like. I've to admit that I still love to listen to hip hop and there are so many artists that I like that it'd be a much too big list to name all of them here but pretty nearly all of the rappers that were mentioned before on this thread are in my record collection so that means I also like their music.

Really about a thousand? Damn. I assume a lot are by the same artist(obviously) but you must have a really diverse hip hop taste.

I want to get into more and more hip hop artists because I always feel that I am missing someone that is talented.

I'm 19 now and hip hop will probably always be my favorite genre. But like you yourself said over the years I've been listening to other genres and artists(Amy, Paramore, Hendrix, Nirvana, Bob Marley, Beatles, Natalie Imbruglia, Elton John, Phil Collins/Genesis, Aaliyah,etc.)

One day after I graduate college and have a secure career, I want to have a room in my house strictly for a very very diverse cd collection.

If I was an interviewer I would ask Dionne what hip hop albums Amy had in her collection...or if it was only a few.

#28 MrMartin

MrMartin

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

LOL about Nas "gameface" I assume you mean his monotone voice. If so yeah I know exactly what you mean. Even though he is my 2nd favorite I just wish he would be more exciting sometimes with his voice. He does once in a while...but could do it a lot more.

I like that in his new single "nasty" he seems more exciting. Hope that continues some more.
Public Enemy is one of the hip hop group I haven't listened to. Not out of lack of interest....just never got around to them. Obviously I know about "fight the power" but nothing else.

Might try listening to more of their music when I have the time

DAMN I WISH I COULD SEE AMY's MUSIC PLAYLIST. I wish she posted some of it on twitter :(

amazing how his flow fits the song with the instruments changin every couple seconds..

#29 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

amazing how his flow fits the song with the instruments changin every couple seconds..

I like it. Has a very 90s feel to it. And its the first time in a long time he sounds like he is actually freestyling lyrics and not just telling a story.

Saalam Remi is a really good producer

#30 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:01 AM

NO I DO NOT ! I listened a piece of it and i think it's shit . I do'nt like hip-hop at all . This is "musik" as modern art , from cubistic to abstrakt . It does nothing with me . I think it's music for the braindead . LOL

Seriously? So by your logic Amy was braindead and therefor, what does that make you. I was gonna call you an idiot but braindead suffices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users