212 replies to this topic

#61 AJW4eva

AJW4eva

In the morning you're vexed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Wow, this is so great news. Even if there are just 2 new songs on the album, it's worth buying, because i love the Demo Version of Wake Up Alone and i can't wait to hear the album.

Yeah!! We were hoping this would be released weren't we - will be able to stop listening to the one with Mark Ronson talking all over it :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#62 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

I wonder why they're holding on to other material. She def. recorded more. I'll take what they give but I was really anticipating a few new songs, the covers and then the B2B demos if possible. Those demos alone are genius.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#63 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

Yeah!! We were hoping this would be released weren't we - will be able to stop listening to the one with Mark Ronson talking all over it :D

It's not that version from EVR, tho, right?! It's the version someone posted here as a gift.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#64 AJW4eva

AJW4eva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

The Wake Up Alone demo - is that the same one that we were gifted a few months ago? It's fantastic. One take - wow.

I think that was the acoustic version...?

This is the original demo - I LOVE it so much but it previously only seemed to be available as below, with Mark Ronson yaking all over it!

[vbtube]0hx1xOIJ2sI[/vbtube]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#65 AJW4eva

AJW4eva

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

It's not that version from EVR, tho, right?! It's the version someone posted here as a gift.

Oh, I don't know now! Really hoped it would be the original demo :/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#66 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

And I also think this pretty much would confirm that she had finshed an album or at least quite a few since since 2009 but the label just weren't trying to release new music until she cleaned up.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#67 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

I wonder if this is already in production and if we can persuade them to put the B2B demos on there.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#68 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

This forum is the only place I've seen mostly positive reactions on this today. A lot of people seem to think that her family and producers are cashing in conveniently on Christmas with an album that has not got much new to offer... I am too happy to hear anything remotely new from Amy so I don't share the opinion, but makes me wonder why is only £1 of each sale going to the Foundation? Where does the rest of the money go and why? :/

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#69 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

This is such great news! Oh my God, I can't wait!!!! I am so happy we get to hear new songs! Would have loved a CD with more songs on it, but at least we get something.

And I looooove that they put "Lioness" in the name, she would have liked that.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#70 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

I've seen a lot of positive reactions on Tumblr. The "amy winehouse" tag has been full of people saying how excited they are about the new album. I haven't bothered to look anywhere else though, I know how people are. Personally, I'm beyond excited and I can't wait to hear it but it is a bit bittersweet.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#71 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

This forum is the only place I've seen mostly positive reactions on this today. A lot of people seem to think that her family and producers are cashing in conveniently on Christmas with an album that has not got much new to offer... I am too happy to hear anything remotely new from Amy so I don't share the opinion, but makes me wonder why is only £1 of each sale going to the Foundation? Where does the rest of the money go and why? :/

They really have it in for mitch don't they on various sites, and news sites, they do anyway, but do they today?, bleedin hell, i do think its a rush job, and only 2 New Amy written track, but it is something at least.

But, theres so much more out there, hopefully, at a later time, we will get them on a special edition. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#72 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

May I quote what I just found:

"Remi made it clear today that there isn't enough existing material to complete Winehouse's third album. However, with he and her label Island Records admitted that there are lots of other demo recordings and outtakes in the vaults - as well as various live recordings - and it seems Lioness... is unlikely to be the last posthumous release. "

http://news.qthemusi..._amy_wineh.html
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#73 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

"Remi made it clear today that there isn't enough existing material to complete Winehouse's third album. However, with he and her label Island Records admitted that there are lots of other demo recordings and outtakes in the vaults - as well as various live recordings - and it seems Lioness... is unlikely to be the last posthumous release. "

I'm not surprised at there being a lack of completed material (as they would appear on record) but she should have plenty of demos and acousitcs for unreleased songs to match how much she wrote.

#74 ohmr

ohmr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

So, they plan on stretching this out as long as possible?! 8-/ lol They could've gotten away with less if they were trying to duke fans into buying her material. If there are "lots" of demos and outtakes, I could've done without the old tracks we already had. Seems ungrateful to say but still, I was really hoping for those B2B demos lmao

I don't think many of us would mind demos over say a full out finished song. At the end of the day, its still new music. I don't think we need bells and horns blaring through a song to enjoy it.

Amy, are you happy?
"About what?"
About life.

#75 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Exactly, i guess she recorded a few over last few years, but theres gotta be enough offcuts, demos, so on, from Frank and b2b, theres 15a lone on her repotoire page! x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users