212 replies to this topic

#46 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

happy happy but at the same time, just plain bittersweet. Not to have her here to promote, or to hear her sing anything live.

what was with that reference to heroin? well that was just plain odd, huh?
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#47 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

An album produced just in time to catch the Christmas market. Not really much of a surprise is it?

I only hope it's done right. Don't forget the legacy that's already there and the kind of standard it is having to follow.

Hope Mark Ronson is heavily involved. I don't want anything to ruin the memory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#48 Isabella

Isabella

"Music's a thing you have with yourself"

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

So its real. Amy Said in a interview that she had songs called "Our souls Ain't sold and one called Gutter" in Q magazine. And what about the Billie Holiday ain't nobody's business if i do remake she did ??? Can someone ask Mitch that ?? I would like know.

Yes please!!!! I'm waiting for Billie's song...
"When Frank Sinatra sings
It's too much to take
So I sing the standard shit
It pacifies my ache"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#49 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

I had just heard the news. Was wondering if anybody here knew about it yet. Obviously yes, haha. Absolutely awesome news. :)

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#50 Sir' Taurean

Sir' Taurean

Mr. Magic!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

I am hoping, 'Best Friends' will be the original studio version, and not the acoustic one we have. Have been waiting for years to hear it.

SIGNATURE REMOVED. PLEASE MAKE SURE SIGNATURE DOES NOT EXCEED 500x200 PIXELS.

#51 Jessa.

Jessa.

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

happy happy but at the same time, just plain bittersweet. Not to have her here to promote, or to hear her sing anything live.

what was with that reference to heroin? well that was just plain odd, huh?

Yeah, my feelings exactly. I guess I am wrong & this is true, though. Can't wait for new music for Amy just because I know it'll be better than all the other stuff out here... but at the same time, I'll be a bit sad. :-/

I also agree with the ones of you that say Mark Ronson tracks will come later. For some reason I thought they'd be on this album, but whatever... it's cool. B-)

#52 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

So its real. Amy Said in a interview that she had songs called "Our souls Ain't sold and one called Gutter" in Q magazine. And what about the Billie Holiday ain't nobody's business if i do remake she did ??? Can someone ask Mitch that ?? I would like know.

When was this?

#53 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

I'm soooooo excited at the wonderful news!!
But why do I feel so so sad?????
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#54 Jessa.

Jessa.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

I'm soooooo excited at the wonderful news!!
But why do I feel so so sad?????

A lot of us feel the same. It's gonna be a bittersweet moment for us considering she's no longer with us && memories will flash in our mind && just like in the article, we'll listen && realize how much of a genius she really was.. if we hadn't already. her body is no longer with us but she'll forever live on through her (growing) catalog of music. </3

#55 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

I also agree with the ones of you that say Mark Ronson tracks will come later. For some reason I thought they'd be on this album, but whatever... it's cool. B-)

In the official announcement (I received that on e-mail) both Salaam and Ronson are included as producers of "Lioness". It's not clear if some additional Ronson's trx will come later.

Following her tragic passing in July, some of the producers and musicians who worked closely with Amy Winehouse, among them Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi, spent time listening over the many recordings that Amy had made, before, during, and after the release of "Frank" and "Back To Black". It was said by all who worked with Amy that she never sang or played a song the same way twice. It quickly became apparent to Salaam and Mark that they had a collection of songs that deserved to be heard, a collection of songs that were a fitting testament to Amy the artist and, as importantly, Amy their friend.

The 12 track collection features previously unreleased tracks, alternate versions of existing classics as well as a couple of brand new Amy compositions, and has been compiled by long-time musical partners Salaam Remi and Mark Ronson in close association with Amy's family and record label Island Records. "Lioness : Hidden Treasures" proves a fitting tribute to the artist, the talent and the woman and serves as a reminder of Amy's extraordinary powers as a songwriter, a singer and an interpreter of classics.

#56 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

The fact that Mark, Salaam and the Winehouse family worked together to select the tracks - that's perfect. I was concerned that if something were to be put together it would be record label input only. I'm intrigud by the new tracks. New and old - I don't care! The Wake Up Alone demo - is that the same one that we were gifted a few months ago? It's fantastic. One take - wow.

This was definitely a surprise, but a welcome one. Nice to have a little piece of good news. A gift in time for the holidays.

Glad to hear that the Foundation benefits, too.
"I've got hair like them"

#57 Jessa.

Jessa.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

In the official announcement (I received that on e-mail) both Salaam and Ronson are included as producers of "Lioness". It's not clear if some additional Ronson's trx will come later.

Following her tragic passing in July, some of the producers and musicians who worked closely with Amy Winehouse, among them Mark Ronson and Salaam Remi, spent time listening over the many recordings that Amy had made, before, during, and after the release of "Frank" and "Back To Black". It was said by all who worked with Amy that she never sang or played a song the same way twice. It quickly became apparent to Salaam and Mark that they had a collection of songs that deserved to be heard, a collection of songs that were a fitting testament to Amy the artist and, as importantly, Amy their friend.

The 12 track collection features previously unreleased tracks, alternate versions of existing classics as well as a couple of brand new Amy compositions, and has been compiled by long-time musical partners Salaam Remi and Mark Ronson in close association with Amy's family and record label Island Records. "Lioness : Hidden Treasures" proves a fitting tribute to the artist, the talent and the woman and serves as a reminder of Amy's extraordinary powers as a songwriter, a singer and an interpreter of classics.

Oh, well that explains it. Thanks for clearing it up, sweetie. :)

#58 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

'A Song For You' song's cover by Amy, oh I already can imagine how she sings. And actually ''Tears Dry'' and ''Like Smoke'' are the songs which I'm really wondering.

#59 AmyFanforever

AmyFanforever

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

When was this?

I think it was in 2009 or 2010. Here the pictures and interview. Where is says the she has to two songs called "Our souls Ain't Sold and one called Gutter."

Attached Files

#60 AmyFanforever

AmyFanforever

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

When was this?

And about the Billie Holiday ain't nobody's business if i do remake she did. There a short demo that was released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users