212 replies to this topic

#16 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

Also: A Song For You? One of my favourite songs of all time? Yes please!

#17 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

This is great news! Mostly covers and demos are fine by me. Hell, they could put out a CD of Amy singing the phone directory and I'd have it on replay all day!
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#18 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

Wow, this is so great news. Even if there are just 2 new songs on the album, it's worth buying, because i love the Demo Version of Wake Up Alone and i can't wait to hear the album.

One thing which i don't think looks great is the Cover. I'm not sure if THAT is the final cover. It's a beautiful picture, really. But the Cover looks so Fan-made/amateurish.
Or at least they should take a better Logo (the Back to Black Logo is legendary!)

Oh God, i demand too much... :D I should be satisfied with just the news that they're going to release something new.

They should also take recent pictures from 2009-2011 for the Cover. I'm sure they had so many outtakes from the last photoshootings which Amy did. They could pick up those pictures and make a nice booklet.

Edited by Cynthia, 31 October 2011 - 07:57 AM.

Amy flies in paradise

#19 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:10 AM

Mitch just sent this tweet:

mitchwinehouse mitch winehouse
Yes it's true. Hidden Treasures out 5th December. Beautiful.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#20 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

wow, its almost like this came out of nowhere.

#21 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

I don't know what to do with myself!
I woke up not long ago and I have the sun as my homepage and this pops up!
I don't know what to say, or what to do.
This is amazing, 5th of December.. it's not even far away!

Wow wow, ''Between the cheats'' I wonder what it sounds like.
I agree with some of you that commented on the front cover, the picture is lovely but I don't know.. it looks kinda fan made.
I can't wait to hear all this stuff although most of it is not really new!

I was a little disappointed when I read only 1£ is going to the foundation? I know there are alot of different people who need to share those profits but I just thought they could do a little better than that..

I didn't really get the part with ''One track while high on drugs'' but I guess we'll all see. I'm just so happy that they are releasing something this year already. I actually thought that we would have to wait years. Good news! Like reaaally good news!

Posted Image

#22 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

Good news, and the fact that there is no new Mark Ronson on this album can only mean that there is even more to come.:)

Edited by AMYstery, 31 October 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#23 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

Found this on the Foundation site

http://www.amywineho...es-announcement
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#24 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

OMG

A track with Nas, yes!!!
The cover is beautiful! A Song For You sounds amazing. I seriously can not wait for this! It's like the best news ever to wake up to.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#25 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hm, I listened to Mark Ronson's radioshow-quote again and he was clearly talking about this album. Also the fact that they included a song that normally would have gone on album three, could mean that this is a final album. And Mitch said that there would be some more music "but not a lot". So yeah...I have mixed and bittersweet feelings about this album.

#26 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Our Day Will Come is one of my favourite songs :)
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#27 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

I thought i heard something about it on the radio this morn on my way to work but my noisy car share person was chatting. I have just logged on to news and actually did a little shriek! I am a teacher and the kids said, 'what's wrong Miss' and I told them that a new Amy album will be released - they were all thrilled too! I am so happy, feel like a I will see a friend again who I haven't seen for ages!
Don't care about covers etc, just to hear her voice again in any new context will be great!
I wonder if she left anything else though - she was writing for years!

Xx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

And Mitch said that there would be some more music "but not a lot".

When did he say that?
Amy flies in paradise

#29 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

I wonder if we'll ever get the Gorillaz collaboration... That was recorded eventually, right? And the track with Peter. There's loads of tracks and demos from the Frank period too... Happy with this but I wish we could hear more that we know of!

There's loads of live recordings too that we know people own but refuse to release for some reason, I don't understand it. Are they waiting for years to go by to see how much people will be willing to pay or are they afraid to release now because it might look like they're cashing in on her death? Make it free for download or give the sale proceedings to the foundation... I mean they're not obliged to share but it would be nice...

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#30 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

When did he say that?

Near the end of the interview with Piers Morgan, when he was talking about what Amy's legacy would be. I interpreted that as a sign that we shouldn't expect a full-blown new album anymore. But who knows what the future will bring...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users