Photo
- - - - -

it's inevitable ... an amy movie will be made *how about PAZ?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#106 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I don't think they should attempt trying to let someone sing her songs, lip syncing would work perfectly, as long as it looked real. And it would be interesting to see that, as I don't think we'll ever know exactly what happened that night. I'm not sure what you mean by wrapping up all of the things I said in a film in one year, can you elaborate a bit?

expose more people to her music while displaying her in a respectable, but truthful and relatable manner
...what I mean is if you're gonna make a film about her life and music, you should get to know her well, and, unless you were a fan before or took the time and dedication to explore someone who people still have trouble figuring out after years of close following - you might have trouble doing a decent, respectable but compelling piece of work in a year. A lot of right people need to get together, you know? As for the singing, it certainly helps. Since seeing Joaquin Phoenix and Sam Riley doing such amazing jobs with was thrown at them, I'd think lip syncing was lazy and dull.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#107 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

expose more people to her music while displaying her in a respectable, but truthful and relatable manner
...what I mean is if you're gonna make a film about her life and music, you should get to know her well, and, unless you were a fan before or took the time and dedication to explore someone who people still have trouble figuring out after years of close following - you might have trouble doing a decent, respectable but compelling piece of work in a year. A lot of right people need to get together, you know? As for the singing, it certainly helps. Since seeing Joaquin Phoenix and Sam Riley doing such amazing jobs with was thrown at them, I'd think lip syncing was lazy and dull.

I don't think I ever implied that the production of the film should only take one year, if I did I didn't mean to, not sure where you got that from. I know it would take much longer than one year to make the film. I also don't remember saying anything about not getting to know the person the film is about, sorry you misunderstood me.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#108 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

I don't think I ever implied that the production of the film should only take one year, if I did I didn't mean to, not sure where you got that from. I know it would take much longer than one year to make the film. I also don't remember saying anything about not getting to know the person the film is about, sorry you misunderstood me.

I don't think anything should be taken personally. She probably meant that to come out with anything that is supposedly representing the true amy would be too quick after a year (or two... or whatever). I think Mitch's book is an example of being "too soon" ("quickly thrown together" even though I know it was probably already in the works) and the foundation (I don't think it should be the main way we remember her... helping kids and that kind of thing, because she wasn't at the forefront of doing that when she was alive anyway) which I think is more for HIM to cope with his loss than really being worthy of her legacy, which should be the music icon she is.
My brain is mush today so don't take anything I said too literally, ha.

#109 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

I don't think anything should be taken personally.

Oh, I'm not. I rarely take things personally! I'm just trying to understand her view, while also trying to not be misunderstood.. I'm not the best at voicing my opinions clearly, especially in text.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#110 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

I understand. I mean, no one can assume anyone has a specific idea about anything as all of this can be hard to get our heads around, as we're talking about amy's entire life. I think a lot of the time we're talking in general, that's all, so it gets confusing!

#111 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

I don't think anything should be taken personally. She probably meant that to come out with anything that is supposedly representing the true amy would be too quick after a year (or two... or whatever). I think Mitch's book is an example of being "too soon" ("quickly thrown together" even though I know it was probably already in the works) and the foundation (I don't think it should be the main way we remember her... helping kids and that kind of thing, because she wasn't at the forefront of doing that when she was alive anyway) which I think is more for HIM to cope with his loss than really being worthy of her legacy, which should be the music icon she is.
My brain is mush today so don't take anything I said too literally, ha.

Basically. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just saying why imo a film anytime soon is too soon. Sorry about being specific with that one year, could've corrected me earlier ;) I can't fully agree on the matter of Mitch's book since I've no intention to read it, but from people's reactions and excerpts I've seen - yeah. His accounts should be just one of those taken into consideration when a film is to be made (we probably all agree on this).

#112 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Basically. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just saying why imo a film anytime soon is too soon. Sorry about being specific with that one year, could've corrected me earlier ;) I can't fully agree on the matter of Mitch's book since I've no intention to read it, but from people's reactions and excerpts I've seen - yeah. His accounts should be just one of those taken into consideration when a film is to be made (we probably all agree on this).

Why don't you have any intention to read it, if you don't mind me asking? And I agree, it should be based heavily on facts. Something they should really take into account is that Amy's mother and father, and of course the rest of her family/friends would be watching it.

#113 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

Why don't you have any intention to read it, if you don't mind me asking? And I agree, it should be based heavily on facts. Something they should really take into account is that Amy's mother and father, and of course the rest of her family/friends would be watching it.

I was repulsed once I read the 'biggest scumbag on Earth' quote, to be honest. There are other reasons too, but that one kind of sealed the deal.

#114 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

For me personally, it's Mitch's perspective, which I don't really care about.... but maybe someday I will read it.

#115 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Eva Mendes would be a good choice in my opinion, her skin tone may be a little darker but they could make it work. But I myself would rather see a documentary in the theaters like they did for Michael Jackson than have a movie about her life, I think fans would be more entertained seeing footage of Amy and having the people who loved and worked with her speak about her life and legacey, just my opinion.

Edited by Jmoney, 27 July 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#116 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

@Jmoney I think I agree. I haven't seen the MJ movie. I'm watching Selena right now... What if it was like that? Obviously their lifestyles aren't comparable but I like the behind the scenes feel to it. I would also like people to get an emotional response from it, like feel compassion for her for once.

I think Eva might be too "exotic". Amy was really very ordinary. But I think it's more important that the actress can pull off her personality/accent than look like her. It still sounds hard to do.

The actress who is playing Janis Joplin doesn't look like her... but just think that's coming 40+ years after Janis died.

Edited by allisost, 27 July 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#117 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:24 AM

@Jmoney I think I agree. I haven't seen the MJ movie. I'm watching Selena right now... What if it was like that? Obviously their lifestyles aren't comparable but I like the behind the scenes feel to it. I would also like people to get an emotional response from it, like feel compassion for her for once.

I loooooooooove Selena! Classic! But I wouldn't want an Amy film to be that cheesy.

#118 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

I loooooooooove Selena! Classic! But I wouldn't want an Amy film to be that cheesy.

Haha so true. Amy was too cool. That's why I think someone playing her would be hard to pull off. I just don't want her personal life to overshadow her talent.. that's what I'm worried about if they got into the drama. I love when people just tell stories about her or things she said. I don't know where this lady gaga thing came from... so dumb.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

[MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION] just realized one thing Selena and Amy have in common... they loved to show their bras!

#119 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

I think Eva might be too "exotic". Amy was really very ordinary. But I think it's more important that the actress can pull off her personality/accent than look like her. It still sounds hard to do.

The actress who is playing Janis Joplin doesn't look like her... but just think that's coming 40+ years after Janis died.

Yeah I feel what your saying, but I think if Eva could nail that accent it could work, here she is

Posted Image

#120 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Yeah I feel what your saying, but I think if Eva could nail that accent it could work, here she is

http://static.popont...ors_530x333.jpg

That's interesting... was she trying to look like Amy or was it for something else? She can definitely pull off Amy's dramatic/serious side (although to me it's still a bit "costumey") but I'm wondering about her playful side. Amy looked older than she was but her spirit was very young. Amy's gap/wonky teeth are a must I think and nowadays they can do fake teeth but I think Eva's eyes are lacking. Anyway, it's not a bad comparison, but of course I'm going to be picky ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users