Photo
- - - - -

it's inevitable ... an amy movie will be made *how about PAZ?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#121 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

No this was for something else, think some photoshoot she was doing. Yeah I know what you mean, but I think if Eva took her time and studied Amy she could pull it off, shes just the closest person as far as similiar features that I can think of, (she doesnt really look like her but Ive always seen some things in Eva that remind me of Amy, maybe it just me), I dont what gaga to play her, I like her but not for a movie. But whoever they pick I hope the person can act! haha

Posted Image

Edited by Jmoney, 27 July 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#122 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

I know... the person might have to live as amy for a year, ha (I don't really recommend it). She's a real personality. But how is it possible to get the essence of this face? I can't think of anyone with her spirit, her expressions... she's too damn special :( But yeah, please no gaga, MITCH, if you're reading ;)
Attached File  amy_winehouse_lost_footage_172512_2.jpg   6.95KB   9 downloads

#123 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

haha yeah true, thats why I kind of rather see a documentary instead with real footage of her. But than again it could work, The movie Ray for example, Jamie Foxx nailed that!

Edited by Jmoney, 27 July 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#124 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

I'm not really sure where this Gaga thing came from, but I think it's highly unlikely and the chances of that happening are probably very low. I also think it would be awkward and just bad if another musician, at least one like Gaga, were to play her. It's about Amy's life and her music, but during the entire movie people would be thinking "Wow, that's Lady Gaga!," and it could be really distracting for some people. Also, it just seems so wrong for a musician to make so much money playing another musician, especially one like Amy... it would promote Gaga's music maybe even more than it would promote Amy's. I'm not sure why I even wrote this, as it's not going to happen with Gaga.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being ridiculous.. I know I'm rambling.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#125 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

gotta admit I'm kinda excited for scorsese's take on sinatra, but god I really don't like biopics, they are just so cheesey n lame and more than half of the time they just choose the actor based on appearance and not on their ability to perceive and channel the person...I think most actresses will find it real difficult to imitate amy's spirit

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

#126 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Just read all the posts in this 9 pages tread . When it comes to a movie i hope i can play a minor role in it . I do it for nothing , only want to be in it . I can play ENYONE or EVERYTHING you want , preferably a Japanese Suicide-Pilot ! But as always you shall see they can't use one in the Amy Movie ! :glee:

#127 BitterSweet92

BitterSweet92

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm not really sure where this Gaga thing came from, but I think it's highly unlikely and the chances of that happening are probably very low. I also think it would be awkward and just bad if another musician, at least one like Gaga, were to play her. It's about Amy's life and her music, but during the entire movie people would be thinking "Wow, that's Lady Gaga!," and it could be really distracting for some people. Also, it just seems so wrong for a musician to make so much money playing another musician, especially one like Amy... it would promote Gaga's music maybe even more than it would promote Amy's. I'm not sure why I even wrote this, as it's not going to happen with Gaga.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being ridiculous.. I know I'm rambling.

Exactly. Gaga's one of my favourites, but she shouldn't play Amy. In fact, no one should play Amy. I hate the idea of someone portraying her, to be honest. There's only one Amy Winehouse. Not to mention I often find biopics over-exaggerated and cheesy.

I'd prefer a really special 90 minute documentary, celebrating her as a musician.

#128 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

not sure if it's been mentioned already, but mitch made it clear on twitter that he did not demand £10 million for gaga to play the role, neither did he deny the idea of a film or that of gaga possibly playing amy, just for those who didn't know x

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#129 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

have you ever seen the movie called Gia? It's based on true story about a supermodel named Gia Carangi. The role played by Angelina Jolie and it's FLAWLESS. I think she win a golden globe or something. Gia was a drug user and a lesbian. Jolie played it really well.
so even though it's impossible, i think angelina jolie can pull it off.
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#130 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I understand people feeling protective of Amy the icon, but Edith Piaf was quite the french icon who had a particular way of standing, singing, talking, looking etc...and Marion Cottilard pulled it off, it's pretty incredible (and make-up these days is amazing). Same with Tina Turner, she's quite unique but that mivie of her was quite believable, actors can really embody someone if they're good.
Of course a movie about her could be dubbed but there are plenty of other biopics where actors have sung with their own voice and done a great job (Ray for example)...
It could be quite a performance...

I'm not against the idea.

#131 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

have you ever seen the movie called Gia? It's based on true story about a supermodel named Gia Carangi. The role played by Angelina Jolie and it's FLAWLESS. I think she win a golden globe or something. Gia was a drug user and a lesbian. Jolie played it really well.

If there was an Amy movie, this is how it should be done. Very honest, respectful, and compelling.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#132 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'm not sure about Angelina doing Amy now, (I personally think she's looking a bit too old these days to play a 27-year-old or younger), but she was EXCELLENT in Gia. That was a biopic done right, IMO.

#133 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

yeah [MENTION=2864]LRock10288[/MENTION] Jolie was much younger in Gia than she is now. Ahh we're running out great actress nowadays. Who else can play Amy as well as Jolie? Someone who has a strong character and rebellious.
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#134 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

There could be some casting disaters indeed if/when a movie about her is made.... I just imagined the girl from Glee for example playing Amy, like a broadway theatrical performance. Hilarious!

I can't think of any current actresses. Maybe an unknown british actress could pull it off...

#135 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

There could be some casting disaters indeed if/when a movie about her is made.... I just imagined the girl from Glee for example playing Amy, like a broadway theatrical performance. Hilarious!

I can't think of any current actresses. Maybe an unknown british actress could pull it off...

I think I'd genuinely cry if someone from glee was brought in to play Amy, I'd rather russell brand play her than anyone from glee :-S

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users