Thanks for sharing.

#32 Marty<3Amy

Marty<3Amy

I'll love you forever my mermaid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

I like all the songs..Amy's voice is amazing and in my opinion she can sing everything.
But my favourite is The girl from Ipanema,it's so relaxing :D
Posted Image

"That silent sense of content that everyone gets
Just disappear soon as the sun sets"

#33 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

I was so excited to see Best Friends and Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow on there, songs that I could previously only listen to on youtube. These versions are not as beautiful, though - although I'm sure they will grow on me.

I still haven't been able to make it through the whole album. I lose it every time. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get past the line, "but we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you"....

Her voice is as mesmerizing as ever, though. What a hole she has left in my soul, our amazing Amy.
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#34 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hmmm....let's see , well, i like them all but the ones i really like :
Will You Still Love Me...
The Girl from Ipanema ..Amy does it far better then the original singer-version
Wake Up Alone
Body and Soul A Song For You
Our Day Will Come
Tears Dry On Their Own

As for the others on the albjum, they're good but the others i mention do something for me...and gets me singing along , feet tapping....

#35 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

I absolutely love every single song so much. I think that Our Day Will Come, Between the Cheats, Tears Dry, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Wake Up Alone, Halftime, Girl from Ipanema, and a Song For You are my top favorites. But I still love so much Best Friends, Right?, Like Smoke, and Body and Soul. Valerie is lovely as well, though probably my least favorite, but still cherished, song on Lioness.

#36 ryan

ryan

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

i haven't heard the full album yet as well, as it is a gift from someone for me for christmas! of the songs i've heard so far i'd say between the cheats and especially our day will come, are my favs.

i love the ending of our day will come, where she says "our day.. will come" and on the third bar .. the way amy wiggles her vocals, so beautiful. i always rewind and repeat that part. our daayyyy wiiiilll come. then on the fourth bar she goes lower. so nice.. i miss you amy

#37 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

I can't stop listening between the cheats and Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow but always end up crying like a fool.

#38 danischwanke

danischwanke

always always on our minds ❤

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:07 AM

"A song for you" is my favourite!! Impossible not to cry when she sings the line "I love you in a place, where there's no space or time... I love u for my life, 'cause you're friend of mine.. And when my life is over, remember, remember, remember..." My God, is so sad!

But I really love "Girl from Ipanema", "Between the Cheats", "Will you still love me tomorrow" and "Valerie"...
“If you still love me by morning… Oh you’ll find me waiting in the garden by the cherry blossom tree. Bring ten cups of wine and cigarettes, come to me in pirouettes. My darling, save all your love for me.”

#39 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

I got a bit teary eyed everytime I listen to Half Time. that VOICE!!! A SOng for You is emotional tho.
Well, I love everything in the album except WYSLMT and Best Friends (prefer the original ones)

I'm agree with you who said Amy sings The Girl From Ipanema better than the original!!
I think she's one of artist who can cover songs and sing better than the original singer.
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#40 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Favourite's

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Valerie
Our Day Will Come

Least Favourite

Between The Cheats
Slower version of Tears Dry On Their Own
I didn't care for those songs much

#41 fuck-me-pumps

fuck-me-pumps

empty inside.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

just one song? uh... dudes, that's mission impossible! i love every little note played on that album! :D

#42 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Yeah but my fave absolutely is no 12 !
:heart:Posted Image

#43 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

Ok, well i've been listening to the album a lot since xmas day. I really liked the 3 songs i heard already so i'll chat about the others.

I love Between The Cheats a lot, really cool doo wop sound to it and she sounds brilliant, perhaps my fave so far. Valerie and Tears Dry are also of a high standard, great alternate versions and i kinda prefer the more smooth melody in both. Halftime is fantastic, been singing that a lot! WYSLMT is great, i know some ppl didn't get the melody that Mark put to it but i can see what he was trying, almost like a Dusty sound and for me it works, probably the song that gets me most emotional. A Song For You, i'm torn on this slightly because she sounds good on it and the emotion of the lyrics are there, but some of the lyrics are hard to make out, whether its just the recording or whatever, i just wish it was a little clearer. The Girl From Ipanema was a really strange feeling for me, on the first listen i was like 'i've already heard her do this before, i'm hearing nothing new', but obviously i hadn't! I need to give it a few more listens but its cool. Wake Up Alone and Best Friends, again i need to give a few more listens to but i don't dislike them, i do prefer the B2B version of WUA though.

Its a really good album on the whole, a good job was done by the producers :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#44 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

A Song for you - wins hands down.

not sure about least favourite yet.

#45 Sir' Taurean

Sir' Taurean

Mr. Magic!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

Her vocals in Like Smoke are AMAZING!

SIGNATURE REMOVED. PLEASE MAKE SURE SIGNATURE DOES NOT EXCEED 500x200 PIXELS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users