#391 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

From Violetta's twitter:

'Amy just sung me songs off her new album - she's got the lyrics to rob a million banks' 2:50 PM Sep 14th, 2010 via ÜberTwitter

Wow, great find! Thanks. :) Now we just have to hope that Amy recorded these songs (or at least demos).
Amy flies in paradise

#392 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Wow, great find! Thanks. :) Now we just have to hope that Amy recorded these songs (or at least demos).

The way I've been looking at it is...you don't buy a great big expensive toy like a home studio without taking any time to play with it...

I think her tracks, even rough ones, might come out better at home as well, as she's in her comfort zone. Along-side with vocal damage from smoking/drinking/whatnot, I think part of what happened with her voice in recent years may have been due to nerves as well. At home, that part probably ceases.

Again, though, that's just PURE speculation...as well as maybe a little bit of hope ;)

#393 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

I still hope that she record the song: Boulevard of broken dreams, i saw her live perfomance on youtube and it's amazing!
I would pay 100 anything or more to have this song on cd.

Yes! That and "we're still friends" and my ultimate favorite of her covers (and this was totally candid) "puppy love". If a miricle can happen and someone can turn those live performances into CD's or if she somehow made a cover of them in the studio all will be good in this world! :-D

Life is like a pipe, & I'm a tiny penny rolling up the walls inside. - Amy Winehouse "back to black"
Amy Jade Winehouse in my heart, mind, and ears FOREVER my lioness.

#394 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

zalon posted a pic on instagram with salamm remi, head of island records and heshima and hash tagged #recording #amywinehouse

IM DREAMING IT'S AMY'S MUSIC!

ps: considering between the cheats was a one take demo - i dont think the vocals are that bad but not fantastic either. could be she was just learning the song and of course she had no idea that we would be listening to that very first take. Maybe she was under the influence as well. I know Salaam has said that he has never seen her under the influence, but for all we know he could just be protecting her.

#395 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

zalon posted a pic on instagram with salamm remi, head of island records and heshima and hash tagged #recording #amywinehouse

IM DREAMING IT'S AMY'S MUSIC!

ps: considering between the cheats was a one take demo - i dont think the vocals are that bad but not fantastic either. could be she was just learning the song and of course she had no idea that we would be listening to that very first take. Maybe she was under the influence as well. I know Salaam has said that he has never seen her under the influence, but for all we know he could just be protecting her.

Is there a way to post a link? I can't seem to find it.

#396 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Is there a way to post a link? I can't seem to find it.

He also posted it on his twitter.

Here's the insta pic! :) http://instagram.com/p/XfsHLFoPD2/

#397 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Thank you:) It's just what I needed! Here's to hoping some new music is coming our way!

#398 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

He also posted it on his twitter.

Here's the insta pic! :) http://instagram.com/p/XfsHLFoPD2/

The fact that Darcus Beese is also in the photo certainly is promissing...

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

The way I've been looking at it is...you don't buy a great big expensive toy like a home studio without taking any time to play with it...

I agree that she had the intention, when buying the house and building that studio, of making more music. I'm sure she played with it and at least sang covers (which is why I'm pretty sure there's a whole album worth of cover songs out there). The question is whether she was able to tap into her creativity to write new stuff and record it...this is more doubtfull, in my opinion.

I think her tracks, even rough ones, might come out better at home as well, as she's in her comfort zone. Along-side with vocal damage from smoking/drinking/whatnot, I think part of what happened with her voice in recent years may have been due to nerves as well. At home, that part probably ceases.

You do have a point about home quality versus studio quality. A Song For You sounds amazing, the emotion, the voice, it's all there. So there may be more of those (again, I'm sure there are plenty of covers all as good as that one!). When she sang It's My Party, she sounds like she had a few drinks to calm her nerves. Also, she looked petrified when she sang with Tony, not only because it was him, but also because she hadn't been in a studio for so long (she said so herself in the short documentary).

There's some hope anyway...

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

I know Salaam has said that he has never seen her under the influence, but for all we know he could just be protecting her.

I think Salaam is trying to protect her by saying that, but I also think that people assume that being under the inlfuence means being overtly drunk/high. Amy could easily have drunk half a bottle of vodka and not appear drunk. Just because an addict doesn't appear to be slurring their words, stumbling or incoherent doesn't mean that they haven't had their fix just to function. Maybe she was able to keep it just under a certain limit whenever she was around Salaam or her family, but that doesn't mean that she was sober.

#399 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Wow, i'm really excited now. :) But there is one thing which annoys me about the pic, Heshima tagged it as #greattimes, doesn that mean that this was during the making of lioness? Maybe he should've used another tag. Or maybe i'm just too negative! :)

Well, anyways, i really hope that they're working on some new Amy Songs. I wonder if Mitch will comment this on twitter :heart:
Amy flies in paradise

#400 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

^^^ That's great news, sure hope they are working on some new Amy stuff!

Now on to this ...

After looking at Amy's BMI Repertoire and looking at the sequence of the numbers, I'm almost thinking that there's a good possibility that she may have recorded, or at least partially recorded the song called 'Aces High' (BMI#13538126). There are only 4 songs listed in that #13 number range with 'Aces High' (BMI#13538126) being the first, Between The Cheats (BMI#13547129) second, Like Smoke (BMI#13547130) third, and Body And Soul (BMI#13673052) fourth.

All of those songs ended up on Lioness except 'Aces High' and the title of it seems to follow suit with the love/gambling theme that she had going on with 'Between the Cheats'. Salaam said that Amy did 'Between the Cheats' at the Doghouse Studios in Henely when she had it booked to work on Quantum of Solace, but she didn't like how that was going and decided to worked on 'Between the Cheats' instead. He didn't mention 'Like Smoke' but it has the same May 2008 date as 'Between the Cheats', so I'm assuming that song may have been a Doghouse recording too. From looking at various press articles, she was at the Henley Doghouse a number of times between April and May of 2008, so she might have possibly spent time working on 'Aces High' too.

Her BMI Repertoire is here ...
http://repertoire.bmi.com
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#401 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

The fact that Darcus Beese is also in the photo certainly is promissing...

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

I agree that she had the intention, when buying the house and building that studio, of making more music. I'm sure she played with it and at least sang covers (which is why I'm pretty sure there's a whole album worth of cover songs out there). The question is whether she was able to tap into her creativity to write new stuff and record it...this is more doubtfull, in my opinion.

As much as I hate to say it, I do concur with this notion as well. The possibility that she couldn't quite tap into her creative side is one that I won't deny. Although, with people saying they've heard her new original material, even just casually sung to them (Oh how I'd just collapse if I had the opportunity to lend my ears to that!), I'm leaning more towards her toying with them in her studio as well. I could be totally wrong, though, I'm totally just speculating :)

#402 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

I find it difficult to believe that there is barely any original material from the years between Back To Black and her death. I think it may be a case that the record company may be honouring wishes not to release anything that she wouldn't have approved. I would so love to hear even a snippet of something from those years though, just to see what direction she was going in musically. I don't just want to hear endless covers. She was a fantastic singer, yes, but part of what made Amy a great and unique artist was her lyrics and her own musical twist.
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#403 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Mitch has been working on a follow-up to the hit album Lioness: Hidden Treasures, which was released after Amy’s untimely death at 27 in 2011.
The album will feature some of Amy’s very early work and profits will go towards the Amy Winehouse Foundation, a charity set up to help youngsters with addiction problems

There is some stuff from when she was younger and we’re negotiating with people about that,’ Mitch told me at the Asian Awards.

The new collection is expected to be released via Island Records with some input from producer Mark Ronson, who worked with Amy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2R8AJnHl2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This sounds good! But i hope that the majority of the material will be stuff that was recorded between 2008 & 2011. But i'm happy for every song that we'll get.
Amy flies in paradise

#404 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

It sounds like it's going to be her Youth Jazz recordings and maybe some pre-Frank/Frank stuff. I'm always glad to hear more music, but I want to hear more from 2008-2011, too!

#405 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

I hope they allow the director of the Nat'l Youth Jazz Orchestra, Bill Ashton, arrange and produce these early jazz recordings instead of giving them over to Mark Ronson's concept of Phil Spector's wall of sound'. Sorry guys, but I found the magic to have dissipated with his percussion-driven "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" and "It's My Party".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users