185 replies to this topic

#121 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Here's a new and different video of Mitch and Janis after they left the stage talking about Amy

http://screen.yahoo....m-28276195.html
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#122 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Meh! Fuck Adele!

Why do you keep acting towards the artist? Why dont you just "say Fuck the grammy committee.

Not trying to start a fight but im still annoyed by that Whitney is a "one trick pony" comment you made.

And as some people on here know i am not really a big fan of Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, or Lil Wayne but i am not going to say something like "Fuck____insert artist name".

I am ESPECIALLY not going to say that towards Adele because even if you did not agree with her winning those awards and basically tying Lauryn Hill and Amy , what would the point be of actually getting mad at her?

Is she on the stage laughing at everyone else and telling them they all suck?

I am sure that the emotion she was showing was fake too right?

She was happy about winning and she had that recent operation in time for the grammys to help her voice so that she could be prepared in time for the grammys.

I am not even a huge fan of Adele...at least not yet. RIght now at the moment i am more of a casual listener that enjoys songs like "Chasing Pavements "Rumor Has It " and "Someone Like You"(and one or two others)

Whether any of you here like it or not Adele was pretty much was the most credible artist in MANY of the categories.

Besides Corinne Bailey Rae...but Corinne was in a completely different category.

And by the way i am sure that Adele is tired of playing "rolling in the deep". I have no idea why people act that she enjoys playing it.

This whole Fuck____insert artist because you dont like their music gets really childish and i have no idea why people have been doing this on this forum lately.

I am not a fan of Britney but i am not going around saying FUCK her every second.

Its childish.

Edit: certain people in here more than 3 times my age are acting younger than me

#123 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Im so happy she won a Grammy! I listened to her parents speech and i didnt realize it until the end that i was crying. Her parents loved her so much. Jannis is too sweet.

But really, is this how the Grammys treat their previous winners? But showing a five second clip of them?

#124 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

Im so happy she won a Grammy! I listened to her parents speech and i didnt realize it until the end that i was crying. Her parents loved her so much. Jannis is too sweet.

But really, is this how the Grammys treat their previous winners? But showing a five second clip of them?

Your right.

That was just bad.

Honestly speaking i think the main flaw with the show was that they had WAYYYYYY too many performances.

Its okay to have performances but they need to cut a huge bulk of certain performances. They should have (and for the future) only get key people from each genre.

The performances took up most of the show.

LL's prayer at the beginning was VERY SWEET and respectable, and i am glad that he did it.

But that is one of the few good things.

By the way i heard on another website that Mariah Carey(who has been emotional about Whitneys death) was ready to perform but Clive Davis just allowed Jennifer Hudson to do it instead.---By the way can you please not get into a topic about how Mariah is "horrible" and sounds like a "harp", when she sings(cause i know someone right away would say that)

This isn't about taste or anything.

If Clive Davis wanted Jennifer Hudson to perform he should have just let BOTH Jennifer and Mariah perform to kill two birds with one stone, especially being how close Mariah was with Whitney and when they made their great duet "When You Believe"

#125 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:12 AM

So we don't have the right to be mad at anyone and say fuck it? Or not like this or that artist? Huh? Do you realize you are at an Amy Winehouse forum? That Amy, who once said fuck you Dido and Mariah sounds like a harp? I bet Dido and Mariah's fans wouldn't be exactly pleased either but that's not the point. I'll leave it there. Can't be bothered.
Posted Image

#126 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:22 AM

So we don't have the right to be mad at anyone and say fuck it? Or not like this or that artist? Huh? Do you realize you are at an Amy Winehouse forum? That Amy, who once said fuck you Dido and Mariah sounds like a harp? I bet Dido and Mariah's fans wouldn't be exactly pleased either but that's not the point. I'll leave it there. Can't be bothered.

God i am way too good!!!

I JUST KNEW someone would bring up the Amy and Dido situation.

How does that matter?

So everytime we are going to keep saying "Amy did this amy did that"

Really?

Dont put words in my mouth i never said we cannot criticize Adele or any other artist. All i said that it was just weird how everyone is all like "Fuck adele" because they did not like that she won.

And let me ask you this Alan48 and everyone else.....if you did not want Adele to win then who did you want to win then?

In your post where you said "Fuck adele" you could have been more specific about who you wanted to win instead.

Do you even memorize the list of nominees for each category........or are you going to go on google right now to check them to have a retort?

....Thats all i needed to know'

I absolutely CANNOT stand when people put words in your mouth. Mad at Adele for what? For winning a competition where she was voted as the winner? Really

Everyday in you guys' life your going to use the excuse "Amy did this Amy did this" for every single thing?

In 2050 your going to be saying Amy said this about dido and said this about mariah when you are justifying things?

I know what Amy said and did. how is that relevant.

Was amy nominated for the categories? People are acting like Amy lost in the awards to Adele. I noticed not ONE person here is saying who they think should have won.

This is just turning into another i hate adele and im annoyed by Rolling in the deep(yes the song has indeed gotten annoying).

Nothing is wrong with not liking the fact that someone won something that you believe they did not deserve. But at least try to justify WHY you feel that way and not be irrational about it.

#127 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

My anger has nothing to do with the categories she was in, but because she's now the British woman who has won most Grammys in one night, record that belonged to Amy, and because the Grammy's didn't do a proper tribute to Amy, just a 3 sec mention. Can/will I justify my anger, other than that? No, I'm angry and sad and that's it. I don't care if you agree with me or Alan or any other soul in this forum.

Yeah you're way too good. And its not about taste. And I'm fucking 'irrational'.

Sorry people, rant over. Not gonna argue another word, goodnight. x
Posted Image

#128 LegendaryChopChop

LegendaryChopChop

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

It makes me extremely happy to see that she won another award. It's a very bittersweet sense of happiness, but it's almost like an additional stamp on her qualifications and status as a legendary artist. It disappoints me to find out they did not do a real elaborate tribute to one of the greatest creative minds in our generation, but I would take a victory over one of those.

I just hope this isn't her last Grammy.

About Adele, since she has come up: I think she has a marvelous talent, but I think most of us here are still upset at her garnering the attention our Amy deserves to get. Her fame was recognized, and despite me having no real issues with Adele or her music, I can't get myself to support her or really enjoy her.

Veronika: We are all upset that Amy is no longer the record holder. But nobody can take away what she has done, and records were all meant to be broken. Years from now someone will beat Adele's, and so on. Amy started a trend and a cycle. It does hurt me to realize, too, but nobody will forget Amy's accomplishments at the Grammy's.

Also slightly unrelated, but I am disappointed to see that Gaga was declined another Grammy opportunity. Surely these awards are not the be all end all of the breadth of music, but a little bit more recognition in ceremonial accolades would be appreciated.

It makes me feel good Amy got another award, even if it is very underwhelming that she wasn't honored as well as she should have been. Seeing her family up there and getting emotional, that is what matters to me.

I give much respect for Tony and Amy both to put out an amazing song to add another mark to their well-achieved success.

#129 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Today, but 4 years ago, it was 2am and i was jumping on my bed and couldn't stop smiling. The biggest little person in the world had shown everybody she was everything she promissed to be.
That's the only thing i remember about the grammy's.
Oh, and that expression on Amy's face when she won.
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#130 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

My anger has nothing to do with the categories she was in, but because she's now the British woman who has won most Grammys in one night, record that belonged to Amy, and because the Grammy's didn't do a proper tribute to Amy, just a 3 sec mention. Can/will I justify my anger, other than that? No, I'm angry and sad and that's it. I don't care if you agree with me or Alan or any other soul in this forum.

Yeah you're way too good. And its not about taste. And I'm fucking 'irrational'.

Sorry people, rant over. Not gonna argue another word, goodnight. x

The record "belonged" to Amy? This is exactly why some people on other websites lurk on here and have talked openly about being afraid to join the site because of how people act when it comes to Amy and comparing her to other artists.

So the award "belongs to AMy"? Wow.....

We know that the grammys did a horrible tribute for Amy, but at the same time that does not mean i am going to take my anger out on Adele. like really? that is the way you are going to justify your anger?

I guess having the same amount of awards as Amy is the end of the world right? Okay Adele broke Amy's record of most grammys in a night...........We all are bigger fans of amy and think she is a better artist.

Um.....are we suppose to lose sleep over the fact that she won more than Amy in one night? That happens. Records are always broken whether in music or sports or any aspect of life.

And by the way veronica

How many Grammys does Whitney Houston have?

Yes 6...

You know how many crappy artists have more than that? Does it mean anything? No because she was better than those crappy artists. Some of you guys take these awards wayyy too seriously. I just wanted to see a good tribute for Amy. That is all I AM upset about. I just want to see proper good tributes for Amy and to have new music of hers released sometime in the future...

I am not going to act like its the end of the world because someone broke her record

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

It makes me extremely happy to see that she won another award. It's a very bittersweet sense of happiness, but it's almost like an additional stamp on her qualifications and status as a legendary artist. It disappoints me to find out they did not do a real elaborate tribute to one of the greatest creative minds in our generation, but I would take a victory over one of those.

I just hope this isn't her last Grammy.

About Adele, since she has come up: I think she has a marvelous talent, but I think most of us here are still upset at her garnering the attention our Amy deserves to get. Her fame was recognized, and despite me having no real issues with Adele or her music, I can't get myself to support her or really enjoy her.

Veronika: We are all upset that Amy is no longer the record holder. But nobody can take away what she has done, and records were all meant to be broken. Years from now someone will beat Adele's, and so on. Amy started a trend and a cycle. It does hurt me to realize, too, but nobody will forget Amy's accomplishments at the Grammy's.

Also slightly unrelated, but I am disappointed to see that Gaga was declined another Grammy opportunity. Surely these awards are not the be all end all of the breadth of music, but a little bit more recognition in ceremonial accolades would be appreciated.

It makes me feel good Amy got another award, even if it is very underwhelming that she wasn't honored as well as she should have been. Seeing her family up there and getting emotional, that is what matters to me.

I give much respect for Tony and Amy both to put out an amazing song to add another mark to their well-achieved success.

It was definitely wonderful to see Amy win another award i only wish we had gotten a longer tribute on Amy. Basically this means t hat we are NEVER going to get a great one in America(a great tribute) because the VMAS and Grammys are pretty much the only chance of a music tribute for Amy over here in the states.

Which is a shame.

They could have given the chance for people over here in the states to get a glimpse of her ---besides "Rehab'

I think Adele is also upset that Amy was not tributed in a better way the two times that she was in America at award shows(August at VMAS and February at Grammys)

Obviously she is not going to openly admit that but i am certain that it is bothering her, and she probably hates the fact that people are being harsh to her about it.

She said she is taking a long break after the promotion and touring for this album is done, and will not be writing again for a while. When that begins I am sure that she will be completely relieved over not having to play "Rolling in the Deep" anymore or "Someone Like You"

I am very curious as to what her direction will be on her follow up record.

As for hoping this not be Amy's last grammy.....well I dont see how it would not be..

Unless Mitch gets his stranglehold off her unreleased songs and finally allows some to be released---For all we know some of them may be classic enough to get another grammy.

But like i said awards do not have to be a significant part of Amy's legacy

#131 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

Yes, I think Amy deserved a proper tribute from the Grammys too, she turned a dull 50th Grammy show into a sensation, they owed it to her.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#132 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:32 AM

It was definitely wonderful to see Amy win another award i only wish we had gotten a longer tribute on Amy. Basically this means t hat we are NEVER going to get a great one in America(a great tribute) because the VMAS and Grammys are pretty much the only chance of a music tribute for Amy over here in the states.

Which is a shame.

They could have given the chance for people over here in the states to get a glimpse of her ---besides "Rehab'

I think Adele is also upset that Amy was not tributed in a better way the two times that she was in America at award shows(August at VMAS and February at Grammys)

Obviously she is not going to openly admit that but i am certain that it is bothering her, and she probably hates the fact that people are being harsh to her about it.

She said she is taking a long break after the promotion and touring for this album is done, and will not be writing again for a while. When that begins I am sure that she will be completely relieved over not having to play "Rolling in the Deep" anymore or "Someone Like You"

I am very curious as to what her direction will be on her follow up record.

As for hoping this not be Amy's last grammy.....well I dont see how it would not be..

Unless Mitch gets his stranglehold off her unreleased songs and finally allows some to be released---For all we know some of them may be classic enough to get another grammy.

But like i said awards do not have to be a significant part of Amy's legacy

I completely agree with this, and I too got that vibe watching the VMAs last summer. Weren't Amy and Adele friends (or at least decent enough acquaintances)? I remember seeing a video of a party for Amy in London, and Adele was in attendance chatting it up with everyone. If there was any female artist at those awards that deserved to win, love her or hate her...it's Adele. Amy wasn't nominated against her, and may never be nominated again (which I hope isn't the case, but realistically it may be), so Adele didn't really "beat" her at anything directly. She beat the record for amount of awards to a British female artist in a single night...so what? It's not like she came in trying to steal Amy's thunder, I've heard Adele credit and praise Amy nearly every step of the way. Amy was the layer of the cornerstone for artists like Adele, and I think it's great that in her absence, another vocally strong, down-to-earth, and very talented woman stepped in and represented the movement in music that Amy had started.

Granted, I'm not a huge personal fan of Adele's. I enjoy her, I like to watch her perform, but her songwriting isn't really my style. I'm not sure I would buy one of her records. However, I will not deny that she really deserved what she won, and call me crazy...but I truly think Amy was watching her proudly.

#133 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

Just like Mitch said on his acceptance speech that Amy didn't really pay attention about this award thingy.. So why would we bother? Amy left us with so many great records that she proud of. Let's cherish it. If Adele broken Amy's record, so what? I'm sure Amy herself wouldn't give a f*** anyway. It's not a competition and how many awards that one posses is not a sole proof of one's talent.

P.S it was a heartbreaking speech by Mitch & Janis. Miss you baby..
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#134 anchor

anchor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

im so happy Tonny and Amy won the award..
i think its the best tribut Amy could have got...

as for the all Adele situation. im really happt for her for winning 6 times, but my prob with it is that i dont feel that "21" is an album who deserve all of this attention, i enjoy listening to "21" very much, but i dont feel like super excited or "touched", i think "19" was way better..
well ill say it in a different way - 20 ys from now i will hear "rehab\b2b\..." on the radio, but i dont know if id hear rolling...

and again its not from a dissrespectful place - i love Adele, i just dont think she influanced the music industry as much as Amy.

i think the corrent music world is in deep shit.. and Adele is a breath of fresh air next to all the others..
you should have catched it while it was close,
you should have touched it when it was yours,
you should have trust it cause it was worth,
you should have saved it, now its lost.

#135 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

I think it's disgraceful there wasn't a proper tribute, then again, judging on the previous ones, I'm glad there wasn't one. And not even Tony or Adele mentioned her, when both of them wouldn't even be there last night if there wasn't for Amy, imo. I don't think Adele would have ever been successful if there wasn't for Amy's popularity, and Tony's only been in the press for the past 6 months thanks to Amy. I found it very disappointing overall.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users