185 replies to this topic

#151 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

I was afraid that this was going to happen, you know, that Whitney's death would "outshine" whatever was planned for Amy - I was kind of afraid to write it down, cause I don't mean to offend anybody. It is incredibly sad what happened to Whitney, but it's just not fair that both she and Etta got their tributes and Amy didn't. It's like they say she has been gone too long and doesn't deserve/need a tribute anymore.
Again, I mean no harm, I am just trying to explain my disappointment that there was "nothing left" for Amy - which is really hard in a foreign language. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am really touched by Whitney and Etta's passing, too.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#152 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

im so happy Tonny and Amy won the award..
i think its the best tribut Amy could have got...

as for the all Adele situation. im really happt for her for winning 6 times, but my prob with it is that i dont feel that "21" is an album who deserve all of this attention, i enjoy listening to "21" very much, but i dont feel like super excited or "touched", i think "19" was way better..
well ill say it in a different way - 20 ys from now i will hear "rehab\b2b\..." on the radio, but i dont know if id hear rolling...

and again its not from a dissrespectful place - i love Adele, i just dont think she influanced the music industry as much as Amy.

i think the corrent music world is in deep shit.. and Adele is a breath of fresh air next to all the others..

This is how i also feel about Adele at the moment. I believe she is SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY above average right now. But i would not necessarily put her in that "exceptional'' class like Amy or Lauryn Hill.

I think Adele is aware of the criticism she gets for how she seems "boring" when it comes to her songwriting and how her writing can seem "too deep" for people, and is going to try to improve upon fixing that on her next record. But although she is only an "average" artist at the moment, whether you or like her or not she is one of the few credible artists that are out right now

But the reason she deserved those awards was basically because she was the best choice in all of those fields.

Although most of her music right now is missing the classic beats of songs like "You Know I'm No Good" and "Stronger Than Me'', all i have to say is that you never know what is around the corner and how much Adele may improve in the future.

But once again she was the most credible artist in most of those categories

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I was afraid that this was going to happen, you know, that Whitney's death would "outshine" whatever was planned for Amy - I was kind of afraid to write it down, cause I don't mean to offend anybody. It is incredibly sad what happened to Whitney, but it's just not fair that both she and Etta got their tributes and Amy didn't. It's like they say she has been gone too long and doesn't deserve/need a tribute anymore.
Again, I mean no harm, I am just trying to explain my disappointment that there was "nothing left" for Amy - which is really hard in a foreign language. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am really touched by Whitney and Etta's passing, too.

Yeah like i said before it really is a shame..

The lack of a tribute for Amy basically shows that she will never get that big respect here in the states. They had two chances with the VMAS and Grammys and they messed it up.

And the Grammys would have even been better because there was a much bigger view than normal because people tuned in to see what the Whitney tribute would be.

We know that the Brit Awards tribute will be the best but its a shame that those awards are not broadcast worldwide.

Of course Amy is still a legend/ icon but i believe that she is in a "Freddie Mercury" situation right now. She is well-known but mainly in her home country(like Freddie Mercury).

Unless someone like Nas makes some tribute song for Amy that is critically acclaimed and catches alot of attention i cannot see what else in the states will finally let Amy catch big attention.

#153 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I agree with [MENTION=2242]JamaicaAndSpain[/MENTION]... And they couldn't find time for another tribute but they had a womanbeater take the stage twice. Nice work! It's a stupid parallel but w/e. It's bullshit altogether.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#154 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

THANK YOU..gosh..
It's just disappointment that any tribute to Amy..

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#155 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

The lack of a tribute for Amy basically shows that she will never get that big respect here in the states. They had two chances with the VMAS and Grammys and they messed it up.

The VMA's didn't do a bad job at all. They're only problem was using an artist like Bruno Mars to do the tribute when it should have been a true fan or friend that did it like Dionne, Adele, Lady Gaga (i know this might gain backlash, but she was a real fan), etc.

The Grammy's was rather disgraceful. Like oh yea, she may have won 5 grammys in one night four years ago but here's a five second clip. The end.

#156 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

The VMA's didn't do a bad job at all. They're only problem was using an artist like Bruno Mars to do the tribute when it should have been a true fan or friend that did it like Dionne, Adele, Lady Gaga (i know this might gain backlash, but she was a real fan), etc.

The Grammy's was rather disgraceful. Like oh yea, she may have won 5 grammys in one night four years ago but here's a five second clip. The end.

Your right about the VMAS. I just wish award shows would not do tributes at the END OF THE SHOW like they often do. More people watch in the middle of the show so wouldnt it make sense to put tributes in the beginning or middle.

The only way i can think of bringing attention to Amy is that when the tribute for the Brit Awards is put onto youtube......Amy fans could try to send the video to as much people as possible(yes i know that is technically spamming) in order to hopefully spread the word more about Amy

#157 CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

CreativeAmyCanuckerGal

" I said No, No, No "

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I was happy to see Amy get the Grammy, and i KNEW she would :)... Maybe I'm getting really old...43...but I 'm not into the new music out there by todays folks for the most part...it's all manufactured...looks...machines in studios to perfect the voice... Naw, give me Amy, Cass Elliot, Patsy Cline....ya know , people that had a true talent, their voice.... I like Whitney's music too, she was gifted in that respect but I too, wasn't keen on the tribute part for the ones that passed and agree that there should been more effort into acknowledging Amy, Etta, etc , instead of focusing on Whitney ...don't the others deserve just as much tribute...I believe so....

I'm pleased Amy got her Grammy and with her idol, and to have both Mitch and Janis there to receive it on her behalf, well, thatr touched me and I know Amy was all smiles.....:)

#158 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Mitch and Janis with Tony Bennett at the Grammys:

I'm sure a better version will surface

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#159 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm disappointed too. I'm surprised nobody mentioned her,dammit!! she deserved that so much. she won a grammy! she was one of the most talented singers ever, won 6 Grammys in her 7 years career, and her parents were there just seeing Whitney being remembered, This is not fair.

Congrats amy, you did it again! I miss you sweet angel, no one compare to you.

#160 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Iam devastated and angry at the same moment. my 2 favorite Divas didnt got what they deserved. But if you think, Grammy's are not that irrevelant like before. Now they give Grammy to everybody like chocolate trophy.
Whitney Houston got only 6 Grammys in her WHOLE LIFETIME, while Beyonce with shaking ass got 7 for one night does this mean Beyonce is MORE talented??? NO WAY!
Same with Adele case... she is TALENTED yes... but sorry to say, not more than ms. Winehouse... but one trophy doesnt make her more talented, sorry Adele...
Plus, Amy had her moment with Grammy Already. Amy also didnt release ANY material, since B2B, So its understandable she not get any award. Yes they should at least make a decent tribute to her, and give 5 minutes to Mitch and Janis to make a speech... But as i say, Grammys are not that serious awards anymore since 2000...
One thing i hated. They didnt mention Aaliyah also, after they mentioned people died 10 years ago...
SO, Grammys is not something i could take seriosly anymore... i even laugh when artist kinda "Lady gaga" get Grammy and they act with fake crocodile tears like they changed all the music history, how revelant they are...
God Have Mercy
Amy dont need a Grammy to be recognized...

#161 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Iam devastated and angry at the same moment. my 2 favorite Divas didnt got what they deserved. But if
Amy dont need a Grammy to be recognized...

Exactly..she doesn't need to have Grammy's for being recognized..
She is number one for us..and this is the more important.
:heart:

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#162 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

we, fans made Amy... we fans gave love to Whitney and Amy...
The most important is, that the time will never destroy our love to them...
An Grammy statuette can be stolen, threw, broken, after time will deformate lose it's shape...
But our love will never stop. Thats the best award for an artist, because his message was heard...
He reached people's hearts... something an Grammy statuette will never do, and replace...

Iam sorry i keep talking about Whitney also in Amy Winehouse Forum... but like you all, i also lost a HERO... Its unbearable loss, for both of us, Amy and Whitney

#163 BitterSweet92

BitterSweet92

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Amy truly deserved winning this Grammy. It was meant for her. And just to think, a year ago the song wasn't even recorded. Back when she had no clue that she was going to win her 6th Grammy for this. And now it has happened, when she's no longer here.

I really admire her parents for standing there. Their speech was just beautiful. It was such a precious moment.

#164 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Really Really happy that Amy and Tony got the award but dissappointed with the whole Grammy night in general, more whos wearing what dress by which designer, and then to the actual awards, I'm sure if Tony hadn't asked Mitch and Janis to go up on stage to accept the award with him on Amy's behalf we wouldn't have seen them!
And to give Amy a few seconds of back 2 black as a tribute? I'm not sure who these corporate types are who organise these shows but I think they should recognise artists, true artists that have raw talent and passion and influenced so many other artists (including the one that won the 6 grammys last night) as Amy had in the short time she was with us, this was a chance for them to give Amy the recognition she deserved but they failed miserably.
To be honest though I don't think she would have cared,I think for her hero Tony Bennett to ask her to duet with him meant so much more to her than any award, this was real recognition from one great artist to another for her amazing talent and to get a Grammy for this performance was just the icing on the cake.

And lets not forget, Amy won all her Grammys without even being at the event in question? something we may never see again.

Well done girl!, we're so proud of you, as are all your family,friends and fans, I'm sure thats what's more important to you x

#165 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Iam devastated and angry at the same moment. my 2 favorite Divas didnt got what they deserved. But if you think, Grammy's are not that irrevelant like before. Now they give Grammy to everybody like chocolate trophy.
Whitney Houston got only 6 Grammys in her WHOLE LIFETIME, while Beyonce with shaking ass got 7 for one night does this mean Beyonce is MORE talented??? NO WAY!

Alvin and the Chipmunks have 5 Grammys! And I thought this was pretty epic that year she won the 7 Grammys. :encouragement: (not saying anything just remembered the performance)

Edited by Elsie, 13 February 2012 - 10:03 PM.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users