• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 northernsky

northernsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

. Strange to hear it's happening with the UK press, too. It'd a shame for everyone who's been bidding heavily on eBay for 'first pressing's if there's something fishy going on with Universal.

Well I wasn't suggesting there any fishy business, cod forbid (unless they've found some old stock some plaice).
Just that I've never seen a recent UK pressing, and would assume that it was no longer was being sent out with the old Brits 2007 sticker on, but would need someone to confirm whether this was the case.

(And I'll PM you about the other stuff rather than clutter up the forum with any more non-AW discussion)

#32 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yeah, later pressings of B2B came without the Brits sticker. Only the first pressing has this, that's the main clue. Have a look on Ebay, there's a vendor there that has a few copies at a VERY good price.
http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_658wt_1139

You'll be lucky to get a cheaper copy now. I can vouch for this seller, I've had dealings with them. Very hard to find it in record chain stores, I buy all my vinyl from dealers or independent retailers.

#33 northernsky

northernsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Yeah, later pressings of B2B came without the Brits sticker. Only the first pressing has this, that's the main clue. Have a look on Ebay, there's a vendor there that has a few copies at a VERY good price.
http://www.ebay.co.u...4#ht_658wt_1139

Yeah, that's actually the same seller I was referring to + why I was interested to know. They seem to have, if not unlimited stock, then at least quite a few left still, as they keep relisting them 3 at a time. Either they've had them a while, or maybe the distributors have cleared out an old stock cupboard and found them like that.

#34 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

I buy all my vinyl from dealers or independent retailers.

I love you for that sentence. In the US, tons of small record shops have been squashed in the past 5 years. With vinyl sales increasing, big name stores are starting to stock lps way cheaper than an independent ever could.

I've always wondered about the 'new old stock' situation. I'm nearly positive the same is happening with the US presses. I know they've repressed multiple times with the bigger parental advisory, but first pressings still do show up cheap every now and then. I actually got my UK first pressing for $13ppd. I know they've gone for crazy amounts in the past.

#35 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I haven't paid over £20 for any of the first press LPs.

Another great site worth trying is: http://www.discogs.com - it also have great information on release history etc so you can be surer of what you're buying.

#36 LegendaryChopChop

LegendaryChopChop

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

I didn't know the Brits sticker was only on the earlier pressings of B2B, glad I managed to get one with it attached. Even if it is practically an ad for Mastercard. :indecisiveness:

#37 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

The upshot is, this long after the event, Mastercard will not profit from your purchase ;)

#38 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Could someone write the best sites for (Amy Winehouse) vinyls purchace??? You know, I created a created a credit card & Paypal account and I want to buy some rarities...

#39 Simple sweet guitar

Simple sweet guitar

humbled by the bass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Could someone write the best sites for (Amy Winehouse) vinyls purchace??? You know, I created a created a credit card & Paypal account and I want to buy some rarities...

I bought the most vinyls of Amy on ebay, and 1 on discogs.
I received them all in good condition.:encouragement:

#40 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

As for best sites, it all depends. A few I've used in the past are (some obvious, some not)...

www.amazon.com
www.ebay.com
www.audiophileusa.com
www.comparevinyl.com
www.hottracksmusicstore.com
www.musicstack.com
www.discogs.com

#41 Simple sweet guitar

Simple sweet guitar

humbled by the bass

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

I bought the 'Take The Box' vinyl:
Attached File  DSCF0497A-800.jpg   82.31KB   4 downloads

the Headquarters mix is on it!
I love this mix:

#42 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

we are driving cross country
And need $$$.
So my hubby is selling his precious gold vinyl turntables......

http://sfbay.craigsl...2884616952.html

If you are interested, pls email Tony!!! Tx.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

I mean call Tony.

Ohhhh
How l Wish I could listen to Amy on these turntables ......!!!!!!!!
Jeeeeeeeez!

LIMITED GOLD TECHNICS - $7000 (san jose west)

Date: 2012-03-07, 5:01PM PST Reply to: gfhjb-2884616952@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have been holding on to these for a friend but he needs cash right now so he asked me to list them for him. This are the authentic numbered turntables and with Technics going out of business you can't find them any where and I expect that this is a piece of history here. Wish I had the dough to buy them myself...if you want to buy them give me a call. I have the pair and they are in great working conditions. No boxes or cases so if you do come snatch them up I'd bring TT cases with you.

Tony (408) 350-5779

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

#43 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Hmm...I found the Back To Black vinyl from this store (http://www.rediscove...id=0&filter=a-g) and the record costs $16. 98 ($21.97 total with the shipping). I think that for USA is a very good price but the seller tells me that the record will be costed more because of the shipping and insurance....I don't know...Today, I found the same vinyl (new & sealed) from Germany and U.K, which costs $15.61 + $2.98 shipping...What's your advice??? Is Amazon a trustworthy site???

#44 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hmm...I found the Back To Black vinyl from this store (http://www.rediscove...id=0&filter=a-g) and the record costs $16. 98 ($21.97 total with the shipping). I think that for USA is a very good price but the seller tells me that the record will be costed more because of the shipping and insurance....I don't know...Today, I found the same vinyl (new & sealed) from Germany and U.K, which costs $15.61 + $2.98 shipping...What's your advice??? Is Amazon a trustworthy site???

Amazon is a pretty trustworthy site.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#45 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Is Amazon a trustworthy site???

For me, everything went well. I bought several books at great prices and fast delivery. In addition, my products were perfect. Really, no complaints!

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: record collection, vinyl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users