85 replies to this topic

#31 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I have a feeling with Mitch hinting about the music recently.. it leaves the 23rd of July open for a possible announcement?

That would be nice. Make something to look forward to on that date. I'm really dreading it, tbh, bound to be a very, very sad day.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#32 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Maybe it's one of the illusive unreleased songs which Mitch recently hinted towards a couple days ago (-;

What did Mitch say; I must have missed it!

#33 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

What did Mitch say; I must have missed it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEfV60Tg294

near the end

#34 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm not sure but don't you guys think that the Record Company thinks it would be a little too soon to talk about unreleased music again, we have Lioness, which was released just 5 months after Amy's Death, i mean look at all the other artists who have died, Aaliyah has died 11 years ago and her record company has only released 6 songs that were unkown to that point, 3 - 4 more songs were leaked in the internet.
The Same with Michael Jackson, his 1st posthumous album was released 1 1/2 after his death and most of the songs were already included on previous Albums & Compilations of him. And now no one knows if his other songs will ever be published.
I really think that the company thinks like that.
Amy flies in paradise

#35 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I'm not sure but don't you guys think that the Record Company thinks it would be a little too soon to talk about unreleased music again, we have Lioness, which was released just 5 months after Amy's Death, i mean look at all the other artists who have died, Aaliyah has died 11 years ago and her record company has only released 6 songs that were unkown to that point, 3 - 4 more songs were leaked in the internet.
The Same with Michael Jackson, his 1st posthumous album was released 1 1/2 after his death and most of the songs were already included on previous Albums & Compilations of him. And now no one knows if his other songs will ever be published.
I really think that the company thinks like that.

I agree w/ you that it is a bit too early to be expecting new music. Lioness is still fresh. However, I do hope one day there will be another album. If they do announce any news, I would rather them announce something on her birthday. It would be more of a celebration and a way of honoring her life.

#36 Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*

Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Edited by BlakeFielderCivil, 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#37 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

@Cynthia, I agree it's a little optimistic, but I don't think it's the same thing as with Aaliyah and MJ. For example, Aaliyah died at the time the second single from her new album and new movie were in the process of promotion (QOTD was not yet released at the time she died, if I remember correctly). Michael Jackson's posthumous songs were rumoured to not even have been sang by him, right? Whereas Amy hadn't released anything in years for unknown reasons but certainly did have new material recorded according to her's, Dionne's and Mitch's interviews at various times (and Blake's post, sorry I hadn't seen it when I first wrote this). If the case was that the releases were postponed because of the record company and not Amy's dissatisfaction ( is that a word lol) with the recorded material, I think it's unclear why they would hesitate to release it anymore. Plus Mitch's hint... There's probably more to expect. Or atleast we like to hope so.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#38 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

there are at least twenty finished, named songs that i know of that will remain unpublished, stored somewhere safe. amy did not want some songs to be heard by the public. some of the songs were meant to be on the third album. her family is in charge now.

If this is too personal, I understand if you are not able to respond.

Why did Amy not want her songs released?

I should add too, if she was the one who did not want them published, I do think it's great that the record company is respecting her wishes and not trying to make a quick $.

Edited by MandyP, 30 April 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#39 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

there are at least twenty finished, named songs that i know of that will remain unpublished, stored somewhere safe. amy did not want some songs to be heard by the public. some of the songs were meant to be on the third album. her family is in charge now.

That's very interesting, thanks for letting us know. I know most of us here would be overjoyed to hear even a tiny little snippet of one of her unreleased songs but if she didn't want them to be heard, I'm so glad they're respecting that decision.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#40 Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*

Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Edited by BlakeFielderCivil, 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#41 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Gosh I hate it when I hear that Amy didn't think the songs were good - I bet they were mindblowing as always :(
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#42 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

I totally agree. I really wish she saw what we see, heard what we hear! To be honest I would take anything to fill the void! i imagine even what she thought was disastrous would be wonderful to us! I am keeping everything crossed and wait with such anticipation for something new!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#43 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, it bothers me to know that she didn't realize how much we appreciated just hearing her voice. Every song she has had her hands on was PERFECT.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#44 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

I am fangirling so hard it's unimaginable.. i think i'm about to wee myself, eeeee god ;///

#45 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

I totally agree. I really wish she saw what we see, heard what we hear! To be honest I would take anything to fill the void!

So true! Her just singing the ABC's would be a work of art! I wish she could have seen that.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users