85 replies to this topic

#46 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

she thought the songs were not good enough and she wanted to revisit them for later use. some of the songs are rather personal, which is also why she did not want them to be heard just yet. most of the songs were just put on hold.

If you know/don't mind saying, did Amy start to record/finish her 3rd studio album? I know you've said she recorded 20 songs (which is already a lot to take in coz i swear i almost had a heart attack.. i'm only 16 - that can't be good) Cause on her twitter she mentioned a few songs saying they were 'on the next one' :-D

#47 Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*

Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Edited by BlakeFielderCivil, 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#48 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

[MENTION=3003]BlakeFielderCivil[/MENTION] - thank you VERY much for clearing those things up, that is incredibly generous of you. :)

Surprisingly, I have gained a ton of respect for her record company for staying true to her wishes on some of that unreleased music. As much as I'd LOVE to hear it, it's causing me to rethink my position on how cruel that part of the business appears to be, and I'm very happy about that. That being said, I get downright giddy at the notion of more music being released, particularly at the possibility of the OP's original question about "My Boy Lollipop". I think she would do incredible things with that song! Although, I'm not dogging any of her original material. The first time I heard B2B, I hadn't reacted to such real and honest storytelling like that since the first time I heard Bob Dylan, and that is REALLY saying something (I'm a huge Dylan fan, his writing is captivating, as is Amy's). She was a STELLAR songwriter.

#49 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

i am not sure if i should tell all this, but here goes nothing. there was enough material for a third album. it just didn't match up to her expectations yet.

Did you get to hear any of these songs? And, I'm sorry if this might be too personal and I respect if you won't answer it, but is it true that Amy didn't want to release certain songs based on your relationship because she thought you would mind?

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#50 Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Edited by BlakeFielderCivil, 01 May 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#51 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Oh gosh this is too much. I would do anything to hear these songs! I have no doubt that they are amazing! I wonder whether we ever really will hear them?
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#52 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

well, there were a few songs she did not even want me to hear because they were based on what she felt for me or what we have been going through together. i will not share the titles of the songs i have heard, but i have heard seven of them and they all blew me away.

Seven wow!!! I do believe they were amazing, she was unable to make a bad song. Thank you so much for your answer :)

#53 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard rumors that she even recorded a song for Dionne? I believe it's even called 'A Song For Dionne'. Now that title is SOO sweet, it makes my heart melt. She really did love DiDi!

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#54 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard rumors that she even recorded a song for Dionne? I believe it's even called 'A Song For Dionne'. Now that title is SOO sweet, it makes my heart melt. She really did love DiDi!

Yes that is one of the songs in the handwritten list on 'Lioness'. She did love her. Wonder whether Dionne ever got to hear it?
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#55 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yes that is one of the songs in the handwritten list on 'Lioness'. She did love her. Wonder whether Dionne ever got to hear it?

Indeed! I saw it on the little list as well. I hope Dionne heard it!

#56 AmyFanforever

AmyFanforever

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

well, there were a few songs she did not even want me to hear because they were based on what she felt for me or what we have been going through together. i will not share the titles of the songs i have heard, but i have heard seven of them and they all blew me away.

Do you know ? Or Heard any of the song from the handwritten list on 'Lioness'. Anything you can tell us. I have a feeling it may be her third Album.

Do Me A Lesson
Gutter
A Lion's Pride
You Always Hurt The Ones You Love
Care Instructions
Not A Penny
Between The Cheats
Song For Dionne
Like Smoke
Misery's A Company
Our Souls Ain't Sole
You Never Came Back For Me
Lioness, In Limbo
Where Is He
How Long Now

Between The Cheats and Like smoke were on the Lioness album. But the other songs can you tell us anything?

#57 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Between The Cheats

I am sure that one is on Lioness: The Hidden Treasures.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Oh wait, Like Smoke is there too!

#58 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

I am sure that one is on Lioness: The Hidden Treasures.

And 'You Hurt The Ones You Love' is a duet with Pete Doherty. Might find its way on his new album, although I doubt that, Pete himself said something like he doesn't think he sounds very good when singing with someone as talented as Amy, heh.

#59 Guest_BlakeFielderCivil_*

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Edited by BlakeFielderCivil, 01 May 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#60 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

Blake. I should wait to your get ya own sticky but desperate to know what were your favourite amy tracks?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users