#46 stimuland

stimuland

I'm talking 'bout my new guitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Mark Ronson responds:

i rarely ever respond to misquotes and wrong information. plus, it only serves to bring attention to the matter.
however in this case, i will not fucking tolerate it.
some journalist quoted me as saying Amy was "freaked out" by Adele's success.
jesus christ.
i read the interview for the first time just now, and there are so many wrong quotes in there. i can tell the dude was writing whatever he wanted because he uses words and language that i never EVER fucking use in my daily life.
at one point, he was grilling me about amy to the point that i said that amy was itching to get back in the studio, and the recent success of others that she had blazed a trail for had put the fire in her belly. but that is absolutely it and all these other words are a complete affront to me, her, adele and anyone who reads this shite.

sorry to get so fucking angry over something that may seem trivial but some wrongs must be righted.
and i have learned my lesson and will no longer answer questions about our girl.
good night and good luck.

#47 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Must be annoying being famous, huh? When people start turning all of your words around to make a quick buck.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#48 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

At least we know he didn't actually say that. I know journalists can be dicks, but I wonder what exactly did he say? Sometimes what you say and what you mean are different things..

i have learned my lesson and will no longer answer questions about our girl.

we'll see

#49 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

As I said it was a journalist making a name for himself, I feel for Mark a real sense of anger comes over in what he wrote on FB. This journalist had a hidden agenda.

You could almost write the script Amy V Adele which seems somewhat ridiculous now being that Amy is no longer with us. I feel for Adele as well because she must be sick of being compared to Amy I say leave it be.

Edited by Jayne, 17 May 2012 - 08:16 AM.

Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#50 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

AJW was a fierce competitor. Folks who continuously reject that fact are not giving AJW the props she deserves.

OF COURSE she was "upset" that another competitor was doing well. That is the nature of stars in the entertainment biz.

Hopefully, Mitch's book will help undo the false notions that AJW "didn't care about success." Tho, I am not optimistic.

AJW was making extremely bold moves inside of the industry at the time of her departure; on the performing side and the biz side. Had she survived her disease and completed her vision, no one would have any doubt about her desire and ability to win.

Many fans seem to think that wanting to be successful and have lots of money is a "bad" thing. It's not, unless the success/money controls/changes you; there was no danger of that happening to AJW.

Very well said.

I think that corresponds exactly with Ronson's response about her itching to get back in the studio and having that "fire in her belly".

I think she did care about success and being the best, and that's healthy and normal in that industry.

#51 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Mark Ronson should STFU about AJW already. I'm not happy about this article, but its a good thing it happened, cuz now (maybe, and hopefully) he will. Every time he opens his mouth, l feel insulted! You cannot speak for others, its wrong. Shut up, Mark. Seriously.

#52 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

What I had said... Don't judge before knowing. Peace everybody :)

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#53 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

i tend to ignore this sort of stuff - it all bullshit.

why cant people like both amy and adele?

i like them both - adele has got talent coming out of her ass but amy was a genuis. doesnt meant that i dont enjoy adele. that second album of hers was magic.

#54 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Well, I like Adele. I think she can sing but as a normal singer. People have exagerated about her talent. She just sing well, I think. Amy was just magic and it can't be compare. But Adele is not shit because of that you know.

Posted Image

#55 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

I really cannot understand the hatred aimed at Mark, it is inevitable that he will be asked about Amy after the success of Back to Black, guess he will have to ask for clearance before print or maybe he will no longer give interviews. Then again why shouldn't he talk about Amy, they spent a considerable amount of time together and he is partly responsible for one of the best albums ever produced.

#56 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't see how what he said on his Facebook is that much different from what the journalist wrote... I think 'poor Mark' is hugely offended by those soundbites spreading on the internet like wild-fire and being quoted all over the place, mostly because of the backlash and the way it makes him look. It's not good for his image, and people are angry at him on all kinds of forums (I was on the Prince forum earlier...)

If we analyse what he's now saying was actually said to this journalist, I don't see it as being such a deformation of his words, it's just synonyms and fluffy journalism.

itching to get back into the studio=restless
success of others had put the fire in her belly=competitive

Did the journalist twist his words a little to make it sensational? Sure. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that Ronson admitted that she was anxious to show everyone that she still had it.

I really don't think it's worth everyone getting their knickers in a twist.

I love all of you Amy fans, because a wonderful woman had brought us all together on this forum. But sometimes I feel that some of you are a little too reactionary when it comes to something being said about Amy that may be perceived as negative.

Anyway, I think [MENTION=2529]amysarmynow[/MENTION] expressed it much better than I ever could.

Peace

#57 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

I love all of you Amy fans, because a wonderful woman had brought us all together on this forum. But sometimes I feel that some of you are a little too reactionary when it comes to something being said about Amy that may be perceived as negative.

Very well said.

Posted Image

#58 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't see how what he said on his Facebook is that much different from what the journalist wrote... I think 'poor Mark' is hugely offended by those soundbites spreading on the internet like wild-fire and being quoted all over the place, mostly because of the backlash and the way it makes him look. It's not good for his image, and people are angry at him on all kinds of forums (I was on the Prince forum earlier...)

If we analyse what he's now saying was actually said to this journalist, I don't see it as being such a deformation of his words, it's just synonyms and fluffy journalism.

itching to get back into the studio=restless
success of others had put the fire in her belly=competitive

Did the journalist twist his words a little to make it sensational? Sure. But at the end of the day, it doesn't change the fact that Ronson admitted that she was anxious to show everyone that she still had it.

I really don't think it's worth everyone getting their knickers in a twist.

Anyway, I think @amysarmynow expressed it much better than I ever could.

Peace

When you love her so much its hard not to react when it comes to Amy . Shes was like family to us all .
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#59 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

Also another thought I bet if any of you met Mark you would ask him about Amy I know I probably would :)

#60 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

When you love her so much its hard not to react when it comes to Amy . Shes was like family to us all .

I completely understand being protective of her.

I like to think that nothing can get to her now, because what's left is her amazing genius music and the true indelible mark she has left in the musical landscape of the last 100 years...that talent (her music) is her legacy, not all the crap being said about her.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Also another thought I bet if any of you met Mark you would ask him about Amy I know I probably would :)

Good point!

I'm not kidding, but honestly, apart from his contribution on the B2B album, I have no idea who this guy is... I know he was already recognised as a good producer before working with Amy, but apart from spinning other people's music as a DJ and producing their stuff, what does he actually do?

I mean if I had to interview him, of course I would ask about Amy. 1) because I'm curious and 2) it's his most famous work so far.
Hmm, I guess I would be a shit journalist because you're meant to do a bit of homework before asking questions. Mark who?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users