146 replies to this topic

#76 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, it really is hard. :( And i like the metaphor "End of the road" which you used. It's sad, but it's true.
Amy flies in paradise

#77 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

Wow - Mitch is getting slated in the media for selling the house....this must be a really difficult situation for the family and the attention coming up to Amy's 1 year gone anniversary doesn't help.

I think the sale should have been done privately and announced afterwards. But then again, Mitch can't win.

I feel for all of her family.

#78 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

Just like when she was alive, the press only chases bad news or news they can manipulate against the Winehouse family.

#79 Mr Hathaway

Mr Hathaway

Camden town ain't burnin' down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:06 PM

I really enjoy reading through this thread, so many different opinions and all of them are reasonable. Back on topic, I also don't agree with Mitch's tweet.. stating that he was selling her house was enough. Responding again just gave everyone the okay to keep saying things to him about it. But I can only imagine what it would be like to be criticized by people I didn't know in a situation like this one.

On another note, was Amy's Back to Black video filmed in her home? If it was, it must have been filmed before she redid it because it looks different. Also the You Know I'm No Good video? Just curious.
Just a fellow fan of the supremely talented songstress, Amy Jade Winehouse.

#80 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

^it isn't the same place.

I don't always agree with Mitch but I think he did good by putting it up for sale, since nobody is using it and its a such a waste of a really beautiful space, a wonderful house; they both did a great job with it. Of course us fans will always remember it as the place where she passed away. I certainly think that the house isn't the best place for a museum, just look at it and think about it... I'm not the kind of person who likes to visit graves or places, but I can understand why one would like a specific place to go and mourn. If there's ever an Amy museum/shrine i'd like it to be different.
Also, when I think of Amy's "home", that's not the house i think of, ...

Anyway I wonder who will buy the house, i'd certainly like to live in a place like that if i had the money (and if i didn't have those memories - looking at the empty master bedroom and a bit of lioness here and there was just awfully sad).
Posted Image

#81 Jehisgold

Jehisgold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

But why is he putting it on sale publicly, does everyone in the world have to know?
Miss Amy (L)

#82 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

It is! You can see pictures of when they were creating the studio here: http://www.trimacous...o.uk/page7.html scroll down a bit and you'll see.

Thanks! :-D That's amazing that you found that!!
You took my heart and played the part of little coquette. All my dreams disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette.

#83 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

But why is he putting it on sale publicly, does everyone in the world have to know?

It is Amy Winehouse's home we're talking about... how long could it be kept a secret?

Edited by veronika, 01 June 2012 - 12:52 AM.
Winehouse's house didn't sound right...

Posted Image

#84 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

I assume that Amy died in the "Master Bedroom". It's strange to see pictures of the room where she passed away

Yes, I think so. If you notice the Master Bedroom is the only bedroom without a bed. I believed that was intentional because she passed away there.

Also, I'm thinking this might be her actual furniture. The chaise in the dressing room, the stool and couch in the studio, and the kitchen set, and the gym equipment I believe to be hers. I'm thinking one bedroom may have been furnished, by Amy, for her bodyguard to use. Did Tyler James live with her in this house?? I'm assuming the other bedroom would've been his.
You took my heart and played the part of little coquette. All my dreams disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette.

#85 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

A few pictures. http://www.toofab.co...or-4-2-million/

#86 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Just like when she was alive, the press only chases bad news or news they can manipulate against the Winehouse family.

Indeed, good news doesn't sell.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#87 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Thing is, if you go there when another family is living there - how long will they bear with it? As we saw from pictures, you can look inside the kitchen (especially when the light is on). Now imagine living there and being constantly photographed in your own house! They won't appreciate fans lurking around outside when they leave the house and I think it'd be even worse if they had kids - as a parent you're really protective of your child.

I agree, I think it's inappropriate, that's the point I was trying to make. Her house is directly adjacent to neighbour's houses, an entire street of residential buildings where numerous families live!

What I was trying to say is that it's already disrespectful for people to hang out in front of her house, leaving bottles of vodka and going there drunk and singing loudly. It doesn't happen all the time, but I have a friend who lives on that street and she says it happens enough times to piss her off. She has had enough of the Amy tourism in front of her house, because people forget that the house may be empty but not the street. Some of the neighbours have complained about all the alcohol left there in regards to their children who like to play in the little grassy area in front...

My point was: if people don't care now, they're not going to care when a family moves in!

I understand that fans need a place to go and pay their respects, but the improvised "shrine" as it stands is not ideal for the people who currently live there.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

It was done privately, but the lists of what houses are for sale are available to everyone. As soon as someone noticed Amy's house was up for sale they notified the papers, an entire story was written up about it stating, at the time, that there were no comments from Mitch. He didn't chose to make it public, the newspapers did!
Then when people started judging and slating Mitch for his decision, he felt the need to respond quickly and put things straight, that's why he chose twitter.

#88 Keight

Keight

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

It's hard. It's really hard looking at the pictures of Amy's home. But, I think it actually has a lot of symbolism if you really think about it. Most of the house is black and white, which kind of expresses Amy's straight-forward attitude - saying things as they are (bold, solid colours), it also reflects ska/2tone music (of which Amy seemed to love), but it also gives the impression of a very cold, empty house.. almost like a shell of what it could have been. Then another really interesting factor is that the Recording Studio is the only room in the house to break from the black and white scheme - it's red, which has connotations with love, passion and anger. That room looks like the heart of the house - a big red room that should have been pulsing new music through the walls, it shows that Amy's heart still did and always would lie with music.

at his side and drunk on pride
we wait for the blow

#89 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

mitch winehouse ‏@mitchwinehouse
Some of you are being stupid. It costs £25,000 per month to keep house and security.

Holy f&%¤#ing crap. It costs £25,000 a month to maintain? That is crazy expensive. Crazy!

Posted Image

#90 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yes, I think so. If you notice the Master Bedroom is the only bedroom without a bed. I believed that was intentional because she passed away there.

Wich one of the bedrooms is?
Yeah it is a lot to keep this house empty,you pay even is empty and because it'a big house costs a lot :s

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users