146 replies to this topic

#61 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I respect the Winehouses' decision to sell the house, I understand completely where they're coming from. However, I would NOT feel comfortable leaving tributes at someone else's family home, no matter who the previous resident might've been. That, to me, seems rude to the current homeowners. I certainly think a proper memorial should be built in her honor once this house is sold, so fans DO have a place to reflect and leave their tokens of appreciation.

I completely sympathize with their hardship in living in this house, especially as family. I know, personally, I could never do it even as a fan. Something about sleeping in the room (or even SEEING the room) where she passed away seems very morbid and unsettling to me. Even if I had the money, I would never be able to buy this house, just knowing what transpired there.

#62 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Exactly. Nobody can be in total agreement. But it is a global mourning. And as mourning is complex, we can not agree on every decision. The final decision is for Mitch, because she was his daughter. You'd like him to respect your choice, well, respect his. He can not jeopardize his recovery, just because millions of fans are also sad. He can not handle the grief of all the fans.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#63 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

[MENTION=2864]LRock10288[/MENTION] - The tributes are not being left at the actual house anymore (not when I was there anyway), but rather around the trees across the road. There's a little kind of park in the middle of the square which is public, so it wouldn't really be too intrusive to the people who live there.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#64 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Some have raised the idea of ​​a museum but I think it's a bit exaggerated. It would be a lot of work to manage and it's also a rather delicate situation. It's not as if Amy had invented something. I will not speak for her, but in her place, I would find it ridiculous the idea that exposes my clothes, my furniture and my shoes.

You are right about a museum not being an easy thing. Does anyone remember the audrey hepburn one closing down a few years ago? Her sons thought people were profiting from it in a way that wasn't honorable to her memory so they closed it. Nothing is simple. We are so lucky to have the thousands of pictures of her and how many people can leave their voice behind? It's so hard to even *think* of how someone sounded but all we have to do is listen and she's there...

#65 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

And regarding Mitch's tweet. I think he chose a clumsy way of saying it, but this shows that they don't want to be judged for their decision, and really, they shouldn't have to be explaining themselves to us during this difficult hurdle in their lives. She's their daughter, her family don't owe us anything in my opinion.

If he doesn't want to explain himself, then he really shouldn't be saying anything in the first place. I'm sure people wouldn't be so worked up about this if he didn't throw around ideas himself. He should go by Janis' example, her I admire for always staying reasonable and classy.

I do wonder if there was a problem with people in the area though, perhaps they weren't comfortable with an addiction help centre in their fancy calm neighbourhood. It just seems like such sudden news and it is strange that her family wasn't aware of the cost before.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#66 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

After just reading his tweets I feel so sorry for him, it's like he has to justify every decision the family makes and what saddens me is that this involves Amy's fans who should respect the families wishes.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#67 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

[MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION], you should not be so frustrated. Stupid is not a too bad word. And I don't think he was talking to people who disagree but with those who allow themselves to criticize him directly.

Posted Image

#68 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

@Elsie, you should not be so frustrated. Stupid is not a too bad word. And I don't think he was talking to people who disagree but with those who allow themselves to criticize him directly.

I am not frustrated, he's just being out of order here. I've had a look at the @s he had on twitter when he wrote that and found zero tweets of anyone attacking him, some people just expressed a wish for the house being turned into a museum etc., no one was being rude, infact a lot of them were asskissing, so why he should react that way is beyond me. The only direction he should direct his tweet to is the media - the tone in which these news are being reported is often judgmental towards her family, not to mention misleading. For example, the way I heard this being announced as celeb news on the tele today was "Amy's parents cashing in on her death again". That's disrespectful and clueless, not fans expressing disappointment.

#69 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

For people that don't do twitter I will post the full message:

Hi everybody. It is with regret that we have to sell Amy's house in Camden Square. It is empty and costing a fortune to secure it.

Amy and I both worked on the house and she loved it so much. I hope a lovely family buys t as it is so full of love. Mitch

Some of you are being stupid. It costs £25,000 per month to keep house and security.

That's all I have to say on this matter.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#70 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

I am not frustrated, he's just being out of order here. I've had a look at the @s he had on twitter when he wrote that and found zero tweets of anyone attacking him, some people just expressed a wish for the house being turned into a museum etc., no one was being rude, infact a lot of them were asskissing, so why he should react that way is beyond me. The only direction he should direct his tweet to is the media - the tone in which these news are being reported is often judgmental towards her family, not to mention misleading. For example, the way I heard this being announced as celeb news on the tele today was "Amy's parents cashing in on her death again". That's disrespectful and clueless, not fans expressing disappointment.

Maybe not on Twitter, but his e-mail. And as Jayne posted, it was just a sentence among others.

Posted Image

#71 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Maybe not on Twitter, but his e-mail. And as Jayne posted, it was just a sentence among others.

He wrote it on twitter saying "some of you". You're allowed to defend him for whatever reason, but it won't change my mind. I think it was inappropriate.

#72 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

I'll just say that ONE tweet about selling the house would be enough @Elsie, I agree with you on that, although I have tweeted stupid or regrettable things before too when I was in a hurry or upset.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#73 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

thank you Jamaica, but my thing is

i dont understand feeling depressed about the house getting sold.

i will for sure visit camden square too, and the house ...

i dont think selling the house means i cannot go there or that it's not possible to pay tribute to amy at this location, who is going to stop me or anyone from leaving a flower there? ya'll -- it dont make sense! stop crying about it, the house will always be there!! x0

A lot of you have mentioned that once the house is sold, it wont be possible to go there as a "shrine" anymore. Why? Because someone will now live in it?
People will continue going there anyway. It's a house amongst many houses. A friend of mine lives on that street and says a lot of people are always going there, some of them have a drink, sit in front of the house, sing a song...yet people live in that neighbourhood, and they show no regard to them. So whether the house is empty or not, I think people will still continue going there.

Thing is, if you go there when another family is living there - how long will they bear with it? As we saw from pictures, you can look inside the kitchen (especially when the light is on). Now imagine living there and being constantly photographed in your own house! They won't appreciate fans lurking around outside when they leave the house and I think it'd be even worse if they had kids - as a parent you're really protective of your child.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#74 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I assume that Amy died in the "Master Bedroom". It's strange to see pictures of the room where she passed away
Amy flies in paradise

#75 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

I assume that Amy died in the "Master Bedroom". It's strange to see pictures of the room where she passed away

You know what? These pictures made me feel like I have now seen the last pictures of her. I know, these are just empty rooms, Amy is not there anymore. But it's the end of the road, isn't it. Amy's life ended there. No more pictures of the Camden Square home. The laughter I imagined coming from that house in like 6 years will not be Amy's, or her children's. The dream is scattered. It's hard :'(

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users