146 replies to this topic

#46 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Now what's the difference? Amy doesn't go to those places anymore either. Maybe some people would like to visit the place where she lived at.

I can totally understand that nobody of her family would like to live there, but it would be a really great place to go to to remember Amy and when it gets sold this isn't possible anymore. I know it sounds selfish, but those are my feelings.

thank you Jamaica, but my thing is

i dont understand feeling depressed about the house getting sold.

i will for sure visit camden square too, and the house ...

i dont think selling the house means i cannot go there or that it's not possible to pay tribute to amy at this location, who is going to stop me or anyone from leaving a flower there? ya'll -- it dont make sense! stop crying about it, the house will always be there!! x0

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#47 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

[MENTION=2407]Birdieava[/MENTION] - even though Amy (or anyone we care about who passed away) lives on in our hearts, most people still feel the need to go to a place related to them, or cherish an object belonging to them. I still visit the graves of loved ones who passed away, where it is easier to dedicate time to their memory and meditate on it. You say yourself you'd like to visit Camden Square. I went there myself (as well as Amy's previous flats in Camden) for the same reason, and to get some sort of closure. I agree with you that it does not matter if it's owned by her family or not, the place will always have a connection with Amy, whoever owns it, and I'd rather see other people be happy there than for it to become a shrine. And I understand and respect her familiy's decision to sell it.

What's painful about looking at the estate agent's pictures is seeing the house empty, but with Amy still lingering there: the lion on the fridge, the leopard print sofa, the little things that still show she lived there.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#48 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

I agree. The reason it upset me so much was seeing where she lived and the realisation that she is no longer living there, rather than the fact that it is being sold. It is sad to see the rooms empty and imagining them full of all her things...
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#49 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

thank u for clarifying this :)
i have had the feeling many times
the time when it "hits home" and u realize amy is no longer amongst us
it's very very sad.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#50 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I feel for this house. Actually, I feel for everything that has belonged to Amy. All the places she has lived in. Her record company - her albums, even her goddaughter and her cats... even that BMW. I feel her everywhere, and holding an item that reminds me of her or going to one of her houses will probably comfort me, or push me to the edge of a breakdown, even though I keep her in my mind all the time, so she's with me always in a way.

I will continue to love that house though - no matter who lives in it. She choose it. She dreamt of living there with Blake (and Reg later, probably) and raising kids. She had huge dreams for that house. She had it renovated, she had her very own studio installed. I feel like it's very close to her. More than the pubs and other places that she liked to visit. Even though I am sure that when I visit Camden I'll cry my eyes out as soon as I see that typical building style, the cobble roads, the little shops... I will work my way through a few boxes of tissues that day!

I do feel like another belonging of Amy's is going to vanish now. Even though the house will still be there. But it's the stuff that I expected to be in the house and the random little typical 'Amy things' that will be gone as well. And that's basically what hurts me the most. Seeing the pictures of the empty rooms - seeing the pictures of where she died - it HURTS. It's the first and the last time we'll ever be able to see what her house looked like, even though it's almost unfurnished and almost all of her personal belongings have been removed.

I know, it's so stupid in a way, right? It's like I'm fighting constantly to keep myself from having to face the truth, which is that she is gone, and that the only place she'll be able to live on is in my heart.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#51 Lucky17

Lucky17

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Seeing these pics pique my curiosity, but ultimately leave me feeling really sad. If I were to buy that house, I would mount a plaque on the gate wall in her honor, and would most likely leave the decor as-is, because she did a bang up job. I absolutely adore that house, it is so lovely. Something tells me that she would want a happy family in her former home, as well.

The little leopard couch in the dressing room adjacent to her room and large mirror mounted on the wall just before the door were hard for me to see. I could imagine that dressing room a mess with clothes everywhere, high heels strewn about as she tried to find the right outfit before heading out for the night. I can see her giving herself a wink in the mirror just before leaving.

I will give her this: the girl had great taste. I LOVE the retro kitchen, refrigerators, and the master bath with the clawfoot tub. Oh, and the recording studio that they are calling a "family room..." I truly hope that another musician or music lover moves in there and can make great use of that space.

I really wish they weren't selling her home, but it is a pity that a gorgeous place like that has to sit empty. I imagine Amy wouldn't want her family or foundation to have to carry the weight of that place without her.

#52 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

I feel for this house. Actually, I feel for everything that has belonged to Amy. All the places she has lived in. Her record company - her albums, even her goddaughter and her cats... even that BMW. I feel her everywhere, and holding an item that reminds me of her or going to one of her houses will probably comfort me, or push me to the edge of a breakdown, even though I keep her in my mind all the time, so she's with me always in a way.

I will continue to love that house though - no matter who lives in it. She choose it. She dreamt of living there with Blake (and Reg later, probably) and raising kids. She had huge dreams for that house. She had it renovated, she had her very own studio installed. I feel like it's very close to her. More than the pubs and other places that she liked to visit. Even though I am sure that when I visit Camden I'll cry my eyes out as soon as I see that typical building style, the cobble roads, the little shops... I will work my way through a few boxes of tissues that day!

I do feel like another belonging of Amy's is going to vanish now. Even though the house will still be there. But it's the stuff that I expected to be in the house and the random little typical 'Amy things' that will be gone as well. And that's basically what hurts me the most. Seeing the pictures of the empty rooms - seeing the pictures of where she died - it HURTS. It's the first and the last time we'll ever be able to see what her house looked like, even though it's almost unfurnished and almost all of her personal belongings have been removed.

I know, it's so stupid in a way, right? It's like I'm fighting constantly to keep myself from having to face the truth, which is that she is gone, and that the only place she'll be able to live on is in my heart.

I understand.Any of those pictures shows her room where did you saw this? :o

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I found it :s

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#53 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

i hope the house doesnt end up being a ghost tour since a celebrity died there . who ever buys it will probably show it off like they did with the sharon tate house with the manson murders with our luck . i hope not . I always thought Mitch should have turned it into a muesum for fans
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#54 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Are you kidding me?! Mitch, what the hell are you doing? All Amy stuff is going.. Her clothes, her house.. Only thing left us her photos, videos and songs. Is that all? Why those things happen to our Amy? I don't remember they did something like that for MJ or 2pac. They are legends too. I just can't understand, it's not fair.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

And it fucking hurts to see those empty rooms which Amy used to live. And here's some image comparisons from her house & her videos. We can see her style;

https://p.twimg.com/...AMOOZ.png:large

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

He has just tweeted

Posted Imagemitch winehouse@mitchwinehouse
Following

Some of you are being stupid. It costs £25,000 per month to keep house and security.

Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#55 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Surely there's a better way of saying it instead of calling her fans stupid? He's the one who created the idea of turning the house into Foundation HQ, no reason to insult her fans now that he's changed his mind and is earning money instead. Sorry, but he isn't doing himself or Amy any favours with such outbursts.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#56 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I can totally understand that nobody of her family would like to live there, but it would be a really great place to go to to remember Amy and when it gets sold this isn't possible anymore. I know it sounds selfish, but those are my feelings.

A lot of you have mentioned that once the house is sold, it wont be possible to go there as a "shrine" anymore. Why? Because someone will now live in it?
People will continue going there anyway. It's a house amongst many houses. A friend of mine lives on that street and says a lot of people are always going there, some of them have a drink, sit in front of the house, sing a song...yet people live in that neighbourhood, and they show no regard to them. So whether the house is empty or not, I think people will still continue going there.

No one should be judging her parents for what they feel they have to do. It's a very tough moment for them, and I hope it helps them turn a page and move on a little in the grieving process by 'letting go'. She lives on in people's hearts...

#57 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

But Mitch could be more polite to fans. And he doesn't have to sell it. At least, he can rent the house?
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#58 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

And regarding Mitch's tweet. I think he chose a clumsy way of saying it, but this shows that they don't want to be judged for their decision, and really, they shouldn't have to be explaining themselves to us during this difficult hurdle in their lives. She's their daughter, her family don't owe us anything in my opinion.

#59 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

I don't understand why everyone is so sad. This is only a house. Amy is in our hearts and we know she lived there. That's what counts. Amy certainly had the means to afford such a luxury, but Mitch is not nearly as rich and much of his inheritance (if not all) was placed directly in the account of the foundation. He can not do everything. He must sometimes choose.

You would rather that the house is empty for life? Some have raised the idea of ​​a museum but I think it's a bit exaggerated. It would be a lot of work to manage and it's also a rather delicate situation. It's not as if Amy had invented something. I will not speak for her, but in her place, I would find it ridiculous the idea that exposes my clothes, my furniture and my shoes.

Who buys this house will probably not idiots. To me, they will buy the place, having accepted the fact that many fans of Amy will be there. So I don't think going to the house to pay tribute will be a problem.

Mitch certainly doesn't want to be mean. Many people have probably attacked him and he just defends himself. If he has not the means, it's not his fault after all. I'm sure this decision was difficult to take and some do not have enough class to let him grieve. I'm not talking about people here, but some fans, who I am convinced, have not being soft on this. It is a grieving father, we must remember. That his decisions are rational or not, try to understand it and not being angry against him and to reproach.

We the fans, are fortunate to have someone close to Amy, who is present for us. He even answered my email, it really is not everyone who takes this time. If we insult him when he face the toughest thing in the world, he will eventually let us down.

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#60 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

We can't force the man to hang on to her house and all her clothes and things and turn them into a museum. Like @Mrs Jones says, letting go of these things is part of the grieving process. So he said he wanted to make the house the foundation headquarters. He said this very shortly after Amy's death and probably hadn't really thought it through or concidered the practicalities of that. For some reason or other, either practical or because it would be so painful for him to spend a lot of time there, or both, it didn't happen. Selling a house which is costing him a fortune to keep empty and hanging on to which (by leasing it to someone for example) probably doesn't allow him to move on seems like a logical decision. He's now getting grief from fans for this. OK, so calling people stupid is maybe not the best way of dealing wit this, but I can understand his frustration. Can we not just respect his decision? As has been said before, no one is stopping us going to the house and still leaving tributes.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users