79 replies to this topic

#1 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Last time we heard about him he got in trouble with rape charge thing so I am wondering what he is up to lately.
  • WilliamBon likes this

#2 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

:huh?:
  • WilliamBon likes this

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#3 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

:huh?:

http://www.amywineho...ut-Reg&p=176751

According to the articles in the papers last month he's due to report back with the police at the start of July, so I doubt there will be any news earlier.
  • WilliamBon likes this

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#4 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

http://www.amywineho...ut-Reg&p=176751

According to the articles in the papers last month he's due to report back with the police at the start of July, so I doubt there will be any news earlier.

:concern:
thank you cecilia, i knew about it - i just dont know about opening a thread about it, instead of googling the freaking Internet for this, you see? thats why i put huh? - it takes a second to do it. aaaanyways, when the case finally gets out in the media, i will see for myself what kind of fuckery is going on with it, because i .... just dont know about reg. i really,,,,,don't know anymore. :zzz:
x0x0
  • WilliamBon likes this

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#5 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Take it with a LARGE pinch of salt until we know more.... Just my 2c.

#6 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

According to this morning's news, he's been charged. Still, rape is very hard to prove or disprove, and it's easy to make a false allegation of this kind - harder to make it stick. We shall see... but we shall possibly never know for sure.

Sadly, even in cases where the charges are thrown out, often the accuser retains their anonymity. By then, the damage to the accused may already be done in terms of their career etc.

#7 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

something tells me that this is sooo shady - the alledged incident occured over new years ...
party much?? anyone can acuse anyone of anything, and if someone wants to hurt him this is easy to do this way. ive seen this happen - very unfair to the man involved. he will be hurt forever, guilty or not. but hey, lets say this - a hypothetical situation ... i am not describing this case of which i know nothing about,,,, if you are having a new years party, then that blurrs the line because say .... IF the alledged incident occured over drugs and alcohol, then can it really be called 'rape'? no means no, but under the influence, ha - i dont mean to defend anyone here, just food for thought,,,,,what do you think, is it really 'rape'? in my old days, in my upbringing, a violation like this is tagged to some stranger who forcibly takes a woman under knife or gunpoint. very soap opera like, but that used to be my idea until i moved to america. i never knew you could just point a finger and fuck someone up for life, true or not. it was a new concept to me. as a woman, if you get yourself into a situation, then youd better be prepared to face consequences and know your way out of it. it would be very chicken shit if this accuser (who from what i understand totally knows reg), is accusing him out of spite. on the other hand, if he really set her up and forced his way into her - i dont know how to put this, overpowered her? then may justice be served. these are my 2 cents. i never judge a book by its cover, and i shall not speak of what i really think when i look at his picture. peace x0

- Anais Nin 

#8 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

something tells me that this is sooo shady - the alledged incident occured over new years ...
party much?? anyone can acuse anyone of anything, and if someone wants to hurt him this is easy to do this way. ive seen this happen - very unfair to the man involved. he will be hurt forever, guilty or not. but hey, lets say this - a hypothetical situation ... i am not describing this case of which i know nothing about,,,, if you are having a new years party, then that blurrs the line because say .... IF the alledged incident occured over drugs and alcohol, then can it really be called 'rape'? no means no, but under the influence, ha - i dont mean to defend anyone here, just food for thought,,,,,what do you think, is it really 'rape'? in my old days, in my upbringing, a violation like this is tagged to some stranger who forcibly takes a woman under knife or gunpoint. very soap opera like, but that used to be my idea until i moved to america. i never knew you could just point a finger and fuck someone up for life, true or not. it was a new concept to me. as a woman, if you get yourself into a situation, then youd better be prepared to face consequences and know your way out of it. it would be very chicken shit if this accuser (who from what i understand totally knows reg), is accusing him out of spite. on the other hand, if he really set her up and forced his way into her - i dont know how to put this, overpowered her? then may justice be served. these are my 2 cents. i never judge a book by its cover, and i shall not speak of what i really think when i look at his picture. peace x0

So what you're saying is... if you drink too much, expect to be raped? I would say false accusations are rare but are just reported on more often...

Let me rephrase that.. expect that anyone can do whatever they want to you because you're under the influence?

Women's issues are very much my passion so all I will say is this. If a woman gets herself in a situation as you say, a man shouldn't put himself in a situation that makes him look like a rapist. When someone is more heavily under the influence, as women usually are, and a man takes advantage of this, it's rape... regardless of if she agreed to it or not, it's respecting the fact that she's under the influence and may not be in the mindset to make that decision.

Edited by allisost, 29 June 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#9 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

So what you're saying is... if you drink too much, expect to be raped? I would say false accusations are rare but are just reported on more often...

Let me rephrase that.. expect that anyone can do whatever they want to you because you're under the influence?

Women's issues are very much my passion so all I will say is this. If a woman gets herself in a situation as you say, a man shouldn't put himself in a situation that makes him look like a rapist. When someone is more heavily under the influence, as women usually are, and a man takes advantage of this, it's rape... regardless of if she agreed to it or not, it's respecting the fact that she's under the influence and may not be in the mindset to make that decision.

thanks for addressing!

not at all. this is for the court to decide, after hearing the arguments from both sides
this is for the judge to well,,,,... judge! (im not a judge, nor was i there!)
i totally agree with you on this:
If a woman gets herself in a situation as you say, a man shouldn't put himself in a situation that makes him look like a rapist. When someone is more heavily under the influence, as women usually are, and a man takes advantage of this, it's rape... regardless of if she agreed to it or not, it's respecting the fact that she's under the influence and may not be in the mindset to make that decision.

but i guess what i was trying to get to instead (i wasnt thinking about someone being totally wasted out of their mind almost unconscious, but someone who is partying and having a good time, and then ooops! things happen way too quick and you regret later or u want somethin as is not given or whatever! u feel ashamed, etc) ,,,,, is youd better be prepared to put a good kick in that nutsack (metaphorically!) and run away as best as you can if you dont wanna be 'raped' or 'taken advantage of' at that party or at that time. as in, make up an excuse and get yourself out, fast. now, if u are completely wasted almost dead, and the man is taking advantage of that, no - you should never expect to get raped. unexcusable. and the man in question must be accused and justice must be served and he must pay :empty:

- Anais Nin 

#10 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

I started this thread because I was wondering if he is still charging with rape incident and, was curious what he has been doing lately if he is working on a new film; sorry for not being clear in my first post. I do not have any word to say about this matter that he is facing next month with this charge.

#11 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Agreed, [MENTION=2407]Birdieava[/MENTION] - alcohol makes people vulnerable to accusations and blurred lines of consent.

Which is exactly why people - especially in this country - need to realise that this binge-drinking culture is stupid on many, many levels and stop behaving like animals, getting to wasted you can't recall having sex or consenting to it.

#12 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

I started this thread because I was wondering if he is still charging with rape incident and, was curious what he has been doing lately if he is working on a new film; sorry for not being clear in my first post. I do not have any word to say about this matter that he is facing next month with this charge.

We haven't heard much about Reg other than Amy related news (when he did a couple of TV interviews, one with Amy's parents also)...then he was at the October Fest last year...and then nothing, until this recent news, so no idea what he's up to these days, but I got the feeling that he wasn't working on any new film projects...

#13 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

We haven't heard much about Reg other than Amy related news (when he did a couple of TV interviews, one with Amy's parents also)...then he was at the October Fest last year...and then nothing, until this recent news, so no idea what he's up to these days, but I got the feeling that he wasn't working on any new film projects...

When I was in London a few months ago I saw Reg Traviss outside a restaurant in Soho, presumably waiting for someone. He looked very dapper but a bit glum. I briefly considered going up to him and saying hello, but he looked like he'd rather be left alone.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#14 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

A friend of mine knows Reg pretty well, and he has been doing not too bad from what I hear; still very sad obviously, but getting better. He appreciates the support he has here, apparently :)

#15 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

From the Daily Mail website today:

Amy Winehouse's boyfriend Reg Traviss emerges from club just hours after revelation he has been charged with rape

• The 35-year-old film director was spotted leaving the Groucho Club in Soho, London
  • Traviss will appear before magistrates next month charged with two counts of rape

The former boyfriend of the late singer Amy Winehouse was spotted coming out of a club last night - just hours after it was revealed he has been charged with two rapes.

Reg Traviss faces two counts of rape and will appear before magistrates next month.
But last night Traviss was seen smiling as he emerged out of Soho's Groucho Club in London at 12.30am just a few hours after the allegations were made public at 1pm.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoying a night out: Amy Winehouse's former boyfriend Reg Traviss emerging from the Groucho Club in Soho, London, last night just hours after it was revealed he faces two allegations of rape

The 35-year-old had been seeing the singer for more than a year when she died at her home in Camden, north London, last July.
The film director has been behind movies including Psychosis, which featured Charisma Carpenter and Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins.

More...

Traviss, who was charged under his full name Reginald, was arrested on April 5 by the Metropolitan Police in relation to an allegation of rape reported on January 18.
Rebecca Mundy, a lawyer for the Crown Prosecution Service, said: 'I have authorised the Metropolitan Police to charge Reginald Traviss with two counts of rape.
'The alleged offences took place between 29 December 2011 and 1 January 2012.'

Posted Image Film director Traviss had dated Amy for a year. He has been behind movies including Psychosis, which featured Darkness frontman Justin Hawkins

The lawyer from the CPS London Rape and Serious Sexual Offences Unit added: 'The decision was taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors.'

He will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on July 17.
Last year, Traviss revealed he and Amy, who died aged 27, had been planning to get married. He admitted that he still hadn't come to terms with the fact she has gone.
Speaking to the Sunday Times he said: 'What felt surreal was not the cameras and the craziness but losing somebody, just like that. One minute I was speaking to her, the next she was gone

'You might say we were halfway through a conversation in our life together and then, suddenly, she disappeared.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1zHxqSjlQ

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users