Well, damn. :nonchalance:

#47 amyisthebest

amyisthebest

his message was brutal,the delivery was kind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

the woman who he raped said it clear ; ' his EX-girlfriend just died! what kind of man do something like that, just after only 6 months Amy died! Urgh!! My bad feeling about him just comes true! Its not because Reg is always dressed in style, that he has style :(

#48 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

the woman who he raped said it clear ; ' his EX-girlfriend just died! what kind of man do something like that, just after only 6 months Amy died! Urgh!! My bad feeling about him just comes true! Its not because Reg is always dressed in style, that he has style :(

To be completely fair to him, he hasn't been found guilty yet. It's probably best that we all wait until the verdict before we all comment and potentially condemn him when we don't know if this actually happened.

#49 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

^I think in rape cases it's more likely that we assume the accusation is untrue... an attempt to harm a man's reputation.
I doubt he will be found guilty.

#50 masterac

masterac

Affected . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Agreed, @Birdieava - alcohol makes people vulnerable to accusations and blurred lines of consent.

Which is exactly why people - especially in this country - need to realise that this binge-drinking culture is stupid on many, many levels and stop behaving like animals, getting to wasted you can't recall having sex or consenting to it.

Okay, totally don't mean any disrespect to Mama_Haze---you are the mac-daddy of this forum and I got nothin but love for you! BUT, when I saw that post I couldn't help but chuckle, specifically when you say "alcohol makes people vulnerable" -- because, look at your avatar lol.

Also, you are awesome, just thought I'd point out the humor.
“If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had.” - Amy Winehouse

#51 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I like Reg because he seemed to treat Amy well (compared to some, in my opinion.) In most rape cases the odds are overwhelmingly against the victim securing a conviction, and that's terrible. But this trial is perhaps a little different because of Reg being quite well-known. And the evidence is very difficult to judge one way or the other. I'm just trying to separate the crime from the people involved, in my own mind, and hope for a just verdict and closure for all parties.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#52 marjolein

marjolein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

[quote name='Tara']I like Reg because he seemed to treat Amy well (compared to some, in my opinion.) In most rape cases the odds are overwhelmingly against the victim securing a conviction, and that's terrible. But this trial is perhaps a little different because of Reg being quite well-known. And the evidence is very difficult to judge one way or the other. I'm just trying to separate the crime from the people involved, in my own

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

never liked Reg and don't think he ever cared for Amy. As you can read in my previous posts, I think they always looked uncomfortable with each other. And those pictures of Amy and himin the Shaka ZULU club(?)Amy looking very drunk. I thought why would he want a relatonship with her , being the alcoholic that she was. I mean, I love Amy, but it,s impossible to have a normal affair with an alcohlic and he never seemed to be drunk himself. Now I understand; he likes his women drunk, what a creep.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

I wanted to podt a new comment and not reply to tara, this is my own opinion. I try to post my own post but i am doing something wrong...

#53 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I can't seem to quote the post above but this statement 'Now I understand; he likes his women drunk, what a creep'. I think is bang out of order. Please remember there is a trial taking place here and innocent until proven guilty.

Also your comment about 'why would he want a relationship with an alcoholic' well maybe he loved Amy and you telling it is not possible to have a relationship with an achololic? seems very naive.

There are plenty of things I could say about what I have read about this trial but I won't because there is a legal process and I think you should be careful about what you say online.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#54 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

The trial continues:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247155/Reg-Traviss-optimistic-having-relationship-woman-accused-raping-twice-slept.html

"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#55 marjolein

marjolein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

I can't seem to quote the post above but this statement 'Now I understand; he likes his women drunk, what a creep'. I think is bang out of order. Please remember there is a trial taking place here and innocent until proven guilty.

Also your comment about 'why would he want a relationship with an alcoholic' well maybe he loved Amy and you telling it is not possible to have a relationship with an achololic? seems very naive.

There are plenty of things I could say about what I have read about this trial but I won't because there is a legal process and I think you should be careful about what you say online.

Maybe you are naive, life with an alcoholic is horrible, difficult and it tears you apart. If you read the book AWMD you know How bad it was with Amy. I know I offend people by saying this about Amy, but she was an alcoholic and she drank herself to death.Also she was a lovely person and a great singer. But she was no saint and I think it must have been hard to have a relationship with her in that last year. And yes, I don' t like him and think he' s a creep. But maybe he' s a real nice guy. And of course you are right innocent until proven guilty.

#56 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Maybe you are naive, life with an alcoholic is horrible, difficult and it tears you apart. If you read the book AWMD you know How bad it was with Amy. I know I offend people by saying this about Amy, but she was an alcoholic and she drank herself to death.Also she was a lovely person and a great singer. But she was no saint and I think it must have been hard to have a relationship with her in that last year. And yes, I don' t like him and think he' s a creep. But maybe he' s a real nice guy. And of course you are right innocent until proven guilty.

Circumstances are different from person to person and case to case. My neighbours are an old couple and the guy's been an alcoholic since in his 20s and now with them both in their 70s they're still together. People try to make things work. Amy and Reg clearly had their problems seeing as they split up a couple of times and I'd wager that those breakups were probably partly down to her drinking.

I think Reg comes across as a nice guy but I don't have any real opinion or strong feeling on whether it's true or not, it's just one of those things we've got to wait and hear about rather than speculate on. There's no point forming judgements on your impression of how he comes across.

#57 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

The trial continues:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2247155/Reg-Traviss-optimistic-having-relationship-woman-accused-raping-twice-slept.html

"He says he was seduced by the woman who invited him to bed."

Oh really, Reg?... that's all I'm going to say.

#58 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

He has been cleared.

#59 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

he's been found not guilty: http://www.mirror.co...ehouses-1488244

#60 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I know full well what it is like living with an alcoholic so DON'T accuse me of that and I HAVE read the book but perhaps he loved Amy and thought he could help with her demons. I don't think anyone sets out to be an alcoholic and one thing I did get from reading the book was that she was trying and hated letting the people she loved down and I bet Amy would be the first person to say that she was not a nice person under the influence. But we do not know Reg and I see he's been found not guilty. I hope he can now get on with the rest of his life and wish him well.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users