Photo
- - - - -

Most surprising/shocking thing from AMD?

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#76 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Re: Belgrade. I hope someone in the know will come forth & tell the truth.

HER truth.

#77 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

o.k. so i have read this book already & re read some chapters .
Belgrade is interesting in a few different ways.
1) your right it does say that she was on stage and they were trying to get her off , But Mitch wasnt there he is going by what he was told.
2) if they didnt want her to drink and said no liquer ..then somebody in her crew gave it to her .
3) Amys appearance , although she was drunk she didnt have any of her makeup on, Even in Brazil she wore her trademark eyes
it looked like she was sleeping or passed out and they woke her up.

Some one close to her and in the inner circle has to tell the truth about it for us to know , I wish they would ..

#78 Courtney_Mo

Courtney_Mo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

I believe Belgrade was a money issue. AMD said for every concert Amy did she had to pay out $96,000 to her band, management, crew, etc. If they had pulled Amy off too early, the promoters wouldn't have paid Amy but she would still be on the hook for the $96,000 for her band, singers, etc right? Considering she hadn't worked much in the last few years I'm guessing that was a large sum of money for her. I believe she ended up giving the money back anyway but at the time I think that was a big motivator to keep her on stage as long as possible.

I think someone in her inner circle was supplying Amy with alcohol during Belgrade and at home.

They had to be. Whoever was doing her shopping, an assistant, body guard, etc., kept purchasing alcohol. Unless she ordered it online and had it delivered. AMD claimed she was drinking like 2 bottles of wine a day, that's 14 bottles a week. If Amy was purchasing anywhere near that amount, I think that information would've leaked especially in the days after her death.

Did her autopsy report or inquest report ever leak? The report would include a detailed narrative of what Amy had done in the day or two prior to her death possibly include the origin of any alcohol.
You took my heart and played the part of little coquette. All my dreams disappeared like the smoke from a cigarette.

#79 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

There's definitely something fishy about the Belgrade show. I know she's her own person, adult, stubborn, blah blah, but with the state she was in - this was all completely irrelevant, sorry to say!!! She should not have been allowed on that stage. Worst thing for me was seeing the band perform and smile like nothing was happening, like it was just another one of her tipsy gigs and there's work that needs to be done. It's almost as if people purposely let her do it so maybe the aftermath could be a wake up call for her, you know what I mean? Still, what a nasty way to do it.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#80 Ace of Hearts

Ace of Hearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

There's definitely something fishy about the Belgrade show. I know she's her own person, adult, stubborn, blah blah, but with the state she was in - this was all completely irrelevant, sorry to say!!! She should not have been allowed on that stage. Worst thing for me was seeing the band perform and smile like nothing was happening, like it was just another one of her tipsy gigs and there's work that needs to be done. It's almost as if people purposely let her do it so maybe the aftermath could be a wake up call for her, you know what I mean? Still, what a nasty way to do it.

I felt exactly the same. Especially when she was going up to Zalon and stealing his mircophone and stuff - they all just smiled, giggled and carried on dancing and singing. I love Zalon and i know at the end of the day the show must go on, but at that stage, he or one of the other band members should have put their arm around her and walked off like it was the end of the show. She was off her chops so she would not have known any better anyway.

Something stinks and i think Raye, Mitch and her management are covering their arses. All they have to do is answer one simple question - HTF did she get alcohol?! Who is responsible for this? (apart from Amy being responsible as well, given she drank it)

I can't honestly believe, that in the state she was in, that someone was unable to keep her backstage after she walked off the first time.

I feel for Mitch and all, but throughout this book, there are somethings that he says that just don't add up. Half truths. I don't know if that is a self-protection thing, because he doesn't want to be looked upon as being a bad parent or whether he is hiding things. By all means, if he desn't want to disclose every detail, we can understand that, but on the same hand, don't write a book and promote it as a tell-all book which should be taken as gospel truth if you are going to withhold details.

Over watching the dramas unfold over the years and now upon me reading this book, there is something about Mitch I can't quite put my finger on. He doesn't strike me as bona fide. Maybe i'm being too critical. I'm much more trusting of Janis - probably because she didn't really like dealing with/through the media and didn't want to publicise everything like Mitch.

#81 JackofHearts

JackofHearts

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:09 AM

I think that many of her band members may not have realized that she was barely singing or slurring through the songs. Don't the backing musicians in most bands wear earpieces so that they can only hear the other instruments and not the singer? It's so they can keep in time with the other band members because it would be hard to hear each other over the loud crowds. I bet that when the drummer, bassist, sax, etc. were watching her from behind while she was at the mic it didn't look like she wasn't singing AT ALL.

But with the backup singers that may be a different story.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#82 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

There was a review that someone linked to here on the forum that was written by someone in attendance the day after the concert. I can't find it now, but I remember the guy saying that she was off stage for a while. I think he also said how long it lasted.
Anyone know the article? It was written on this guy's personal blog and he translated it from his original written in Serbian.

EDIT: Found it! http://iva-is.me/201...by-in-belgrade/

Thank you so much! Never read that one.. What an honest review and Iva wasn't being judgmental towards Amy. I love how in the end of the review, Iva wished Amy well and loathe people who tend to gave a negative comments. Well.. What happened in Belgrade stayed in Belgrade. Means, we will never ever get to know the truth. Anyway, I couldn't watch the concert for more than two minutes. Too sad.
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#83 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Belgrade was never a problem for me . I look the whole concert with tears in my eayes , hit by the way she wrapped her arms around herself looking over one arm for help . But i saw the public , only a SMALL minority boo-ed . The LOT of them were glad seeing Amy on stage , no problem for them Amy can't sing barely . The only thing matter for them was : SHE was THERE ! And the crowd was singing for HER ! :heart:

#84 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

I think that many of her band members may not have realized that she was barely singing or slurring through the songs. Don't the backing musicians in most bands wear earpieces so that they can only hear the other instruments and not the singer? It's so they can keep in time with the other band members because it would be hard to hear each other over the loud crowds. I bet that when the drummer, bassist, sax, etc. were watching her from behind while she was at the mic it didn't look like she wasn't singing AT ALL.

But with the backup singers that may be a different story.

They're not blind though, they would have seen her sucking her thumb, throwing shoes at the audience and stumbling across the stage, basically doing anything but singing. How sad is it that they might have got to a point where her behaviour didn't seem so out of place.

Can't wrap my head around people saying it wasn't that bad either, especially knowing she died from intoxication a few weeks later.

Edited by Elsie, 08 August 2012 - 02:43 PM.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#85 masterac

masterac

Affected . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

They're not blind though, they would have seen her sucking her thumb, throwing shoes at the audience and stumbling across the stage, basically doing anything but singing. How sad is it that they might have got to a point where her behaviour didn't seem so out of place.

Can't wrap my head around people saying it wasn't that bad either, especially knowing she died from intoxication a few weeks later.

Yeah, [MENTION=3074]JackofHearts[/MENTION], as much as Amy loved her band/backing singers, and I think we all love them too, I have to agree with [MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION]. I think a deaf person would have noticed how abnormal that behavior was. And it was odd with them just smiling and giggling. I'd never thought of it that way before, but maybe they were kind of fed up with her getting drunk before shows and did want to send her a message, at least subconciously.
“If you don't throw yourself into something, you'll never know what you could have had.” - Amy Winehouse

#86 StephanieL13

StephanieL13

I told you, I was trouble....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Well wait, we are talking about how some people tried to get amy OFF the stage at Belgrade, yet some reports say that her bodyguards wouldn't let her LEAVE?

If it is a money thing, shame on them. and yes, she was going through some serious stuff. i thought Blake's baby was born AFTER amy died though, not the same year. if he was born while she was alive that's terrible. that was all she wanted!

the things that shocked me from the book, well, i didn't know blakes mom was such an a*hole to amy. did not care for her. i also was shocked that Mitch said 2007 was a terrible year for her, b/c in my mind, 2007 was a great year. She won many awards, married the love of her life, to me, she always looked the happiest in 2007.

in 2008 she looked the worst to me, but after that, from 2010 up, (whenever you see her without the beehive) she just looked... vacant. like she didn't look happy to me. you hardly see her smiling. it was like her sparkle and happiness just went away. it always breaks my heart.

also, i didnt know she was such a fan of kfc. just an aside.

Lovebird, my beautiful bird.
Sung until one day she couldn't be heard.
Amy was the morning, now she's gone
She's reborn like Sarah Vaughn
In the sanctuary, she has found, birds surround
her sweet sound
And Amy flies in Paradise...
And Amy flies in Paradise

#87 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

i thought Blake's baby was born AFTER amy died though, not the same year. if he was born while she was alive that's terrible. that was all she wanted!

the things that shocked me from the book, well, i didn't know blakes mom was such an a*hole to amy. did not care for her. i also was shocked that Mitch said 2007 was a terrible year for her, b/c in my mind, 2007 was a great year. She won many awards, married the love of her life, to me, she always looked the happiest in 2007.

in 2008 she looked the worst to me, but after that, from 2010 up, (whenever you see her without the beehive) she just looked... vacant. like she didn't look happy to me. you hardly see her smiling. it was like her sparkle and happiness just went away. it always breaks my heart.

also, i didnt know she was such a fan of kfc. just an aside.

She talked about kfc (you mean the chicken place right?) in a few interviews. She reminds me of a southerner in so many ways haha. And now you've got me craving their peppery mashed potatoes!
I think in half of 2007 she was OK, other half she was going downhill. I haven't read the book, but I find it weird he's labeling her best and worst years... according to WHAT?!
Yeah she lost a lot of her smile and sparkle, BUT it appeared with Reg a lot!
Blake's baby is 15 months old. I can imagine that was hard for her.

#88 StephanieL13

StephanieL13

I told you, I was trouble....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

[MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION]

LOL! Sorry i know put me in the mood too! well i knew she loved fried chicken but i didnt know kfc specifically.

and i know! with mitch labeling her best and worst years!! you should def read it though... it didnt have a lot of like "oh wow! i didnt know that" if you know a lot about her already! let me know when you do! ;) xoxox

Lovebird, my beautiful bird.
Sung until one day she couldn't be heard.
Amy was the morning, now she's gone
She's reborn like Sarah Vaughn
In the sanctuary, she has found, birds surround
her sweet sound
And Amy flies in Paradise...
And Amy flies in Paradise

#89 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

I feel like the paps had a lot to do with her being unhappy in most photos. She just looked so over it. I get the price of fame, but to never be left alone is absurd. They were def out to get her, taken pics when shes going out and such lookin for a story. I always feel bad when I see a pic with her unhappy. I realize how annoyed she must have been. She had her good and bad days, like everyone else. Cept not all of us have all of it documented while being torn apart by the media.

#90 Hopscotchtears

Hopscotchtears

For You I Was A Flame.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

The bird and butterfly bit at the end really shook me up. I don't know why but it tore me apart. And sending her father to Agent Provocateur just to make him blush made me giggle the most. Love that Amy.

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users