Photo
- - - - -

Most surprising/shocking thing from AMD?

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#91 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

I've read the book for the second time.
I still like her and I'm still "on Team Mitch", but especially her drug use in 2007 - where she still did a lot of gigs - and her last year gave me some strange feelings.
For example: I was at her concert in Berlin in October 2007. She was high like a kite and I don't know, if she really knew, where she was. On a stage, yes, but that's it.
In AMD is written, that shortly before her departure to that tour, she had a huge drug and booze hangover, missed her flight and arrived a day later as formerly planned in Berlin.
And yes, she made it on the stage, even an hour late. And the show was ok, but some months earlier during her Kalkscheune concert, she looked and performed much better - with "some" drinks;-).
Everybody must have known, even Mitch, that she still was heavily on drugs. And they accepted it, because the show had to go on.
And that was not her last show.....and one of the better ones.

Mitch was very keen about Amys money. There are many passages in the book referring to money. And he had full access and overview about her accounts.
Amy was a heavy user and had a lot of "friends" hanging around her with the same habit. And Amy was generous. For example, Mitch mentioned, Tyler had a alcohol problem too. Alex Foden said, she spend 1000 P per day for drugs. Reduce that to the half, 500 per day, 15000 per month. And nobody noticed these expenses??

In 2011, during May, she was permanently on a booze binge, one time nearly dead. On 17 May, her bodyguards had been unable to wake her, she had been on a coma. She left the clinic after less than 24 hours and continued drinking. She did so until May 24th. Then she checked into the Priory. She checked out on May 31 th. One week for getting clean???? But she had to start the rehearsals for her last tour.....

There are some other things, I don't like. Her late coming etc. That is quite disrespectful and I don't like disrespectful people.
I'm still a fan, but I have now a different view of Amy.

My first review of AMD dad said, I don't like it. I still don't like it, but it gave me a much better view of Amy, her life and her family.

#92 atlgafan4life

atlgafan4life

I'm not a one trick pony

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

I really don't think Amy would have had a track record of being early or very punctual even if she had been clean and sober.Some artist are such perfectionist that it gets in the way of organization and time keeping. I do agree that Amy was late and cancelled due to her addictions and her overall health some of the time. With the type of brilliant gift she had, there comes a little quirkiness in my opinion. I mean no disrespect to Amy. For me, it would have been worth the wait because very seldom in a lifetime do yo get to see such talent. Can you imagine how good she would have been completely clean and sober? I think she sounded better than some sober singers.Brilliant artist always come with baggage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bigger,Bigger,Bigger

#93 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

On lateness: I'm late for everything probably never more than 30 min though. It's terrible and I can say it does have to do with perfectionism/distractions/OCD rather than being a disrespectful person although I know it comes off that way. I'm actually more uncomfortable being early than late lol
Also I think we need to remember to separate her behavior under the influence from her true, sober state... regardless I don't know anyone who behaves appropriately all the time. I also think some alcohol (although I don't know how much this would have been for her) helped her with stage fright and allowed her to perform less anxiously and maybe that's what we were seeing in some of her 2011 performances.
I won't deny someone my respect or like them less because they have quirks..we all do and sometimes when we are having personal issues they are exacerbated. She was very human and that's why I love her :)

#94 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Did he really say that Amy was really drunk on Glastonbury 2007? Because I'm watching the gig again now and someone commented saying he said it and I just don't believe that, this is like one of the rare gigs where she looks fully sober :confused:

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#95 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

[MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION] Maybe he's talking about the one at night... that's possible because that one isn't as good

#96 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I thought they were both amazing... she does not look as sober though but they wrote the comment on the daytime one so I assumed they meant that one. Still what an odd thing to say. There were shows where she was horribly drunk and none of these was one of them...

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#97 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

^Well, Mitch is an odd one. ;)

I think her voice is different, and I much prefer the day one. But at least she's charmingly drunk.

#98 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

I got to see Amy perform at Liverpool Summer Pops this was the concert where she did a runner and all the fans were told 5 mins before doors opened the show was cancelled. The gig was rearranged a couple of weeks later. Now the night the show was cancelled I spoke to security and some of them were at glastonbury 2007 and they said that they don't know how she got onstage with all she put inside her?

When I arrived the second time the same security guy came over to us and I asked him what happened the first time, did she show up or not and he said she turned up did the soundcheck then just went missing. I am glad I went back because she gave a brilliant performance and I was so worried as she was late again which was not going down very well with the crowd.

Edited by Jayne, 06 September 2012 - 09:46 PM.

Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#99 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

[MENTION=282]Jayne[/MENTION] were they talking about the day or night show? I can't see how this is a possibility during the day one, but maybe her tolerance was just so high.
Seems her alcoholism was a joke...

#100 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

On lateness: I'm late for everything probably never more than 30 min though. It's terrible and I can say it does have to do with perfectionism/distractions/OCD rather than being a disrespectful person although I know it comes off that way. I'm actually more uncomfortable being early than late lol
Also I think we need to remember to separate her behavior under the influence from her true, sober state... regardless I don't know anyone who behaves appropriately all the time. I also think some alcohol (although I don't know how much this would have been for her) helped her with stage fright and allowed her to perform less anxiously and maybe that's what we were seeing in some of her 2011 performances.
I won't deny someone my respect or like them less because they have quirks..we all do and sometimes when we are having personal issues they are exacerbated. She was very human and that's why I love her :)

And I think the fact that she was singing Back to Black which was related to Blake didn't help,I think this was one raison of her drinking heavenly before get to stage or/and on stage,after she broke up with him .

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#101 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

They didn't say but they said it was a nightmare they didn't know how she remained standing this was the beginning of the end I think. She'd just cancelled a few shows in London and then the Liverpool one. When we were in the queue to leave you could hear all the press on the phones trying to find info out and then they printed photos of her being in the Hawley Arms at the time they claim she should have been onstage but who knows, the photos could have been taken anytime.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#102 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

What's the evening Glastonbury show? Is she wearing a green top? I'm confused...

I'm not sure how she possibly could sound so good sometimes when drunk. I mean, drinking a lot really cuts the wind from you. I used to think it was all the cigarettes I smoked, but then I quit smoking and would still feel so out of breath from drinking.

#103 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

#104 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

why is everybody keep saying that amy went downhill so fast? a lot of questions mark circulating in my head. but recently, i saw lindsay lohan & britney spears on tv and wonder how they both can survive while amy succumbed? what's the difference between their families and amy's family? (are there any tell-all books about BS & LL? I'd like to know)
it's so sad to think that many people who suffered from addiction can live longer than Amy... oh how i wish she survived, somehow *cry
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#105 zAMYz

zAMYz

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

For me the most shocking thing was how BIG baby girl Amy was !!! As if she was 4 years old all the time . Mitch did EVRITHING for her..she didn't even searched her house on her own.
I adore AMY, but that was weard.
But I loved the after her death butterfly un bird visits !! I almost cried.
LOVE AMY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users