sweet!.....but I live in the US )=

#17 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

I hope Turkish TV channels broadcast something beautiful about Amy on 23rd of July. Last year, some channels immediately made special programmes which were dedicated to Amy on 23rd of July, 2011. If they even do these programmes, they can broadcast an Amy concert easily. (Yeah, that's the way I'm trying to comfor myself lol)
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#18 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj

A little write up about Amy's performance @ Dingle. The people are just lovely talking about her. It made me cry how much they praised her for her kindness and talent. I always get teary-eyed when I hear people give Amy the respect for her enormous talent that she deserved and deserves.

#19 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

http://online.wsj.co...=googlenews_wsj

A little write up about Amy's performance @ Dingle. The people are just lovely talking about her. It made me cry how much they praised her for her kindness and talent. I always get teary-eyed when I hear people give Amy the respect for her enormous talent that she deserved and deserves.

From the article ...
"She rang very true. And when a singer can do that, she can walk right into your heart."

And boy, did she ever. Great article, thanks for posting.
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#20 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Lovely article... although I did laugh at the idea of Dinah Washington doing a cover of 'Don't Look Back in Anger' :topsyturvy:

Amy sang in the back of the bus half the way from Dingle to Cork... oh to have been that bus driver!!! :lovestruck:

#21 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Amy was a bird in human form... I can imagine being around her would get annoying, but I could take it for a day or two, then I'm sure she would be making me laugh the rest of the time!!

#22 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

I hope there is something on TV for Amy in America. They had a special tribute that came on a few days after her passing. It was pretty well put together, I really enjoyed it. If they don't make something new for her, I hope they at least replay that... The 23rd is my girlfriend's birthday as well as Amy's passing... Gonna be a wreck. >_<

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#23 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

I hope there is something on TV for Amy in America. They had a special tribute that came on a few days after her passing. It was pretty well put together, I really enjoyed it. If they don't make something new for her, I hope they at least replay that... The 23rd is my girlfriend's birthday as well as Amy's passing... Gonna be a wreck. >_<

Who did the special tribute? I was in a funk for about a month after so I probably missed a lot. The news was really pissing me off with tragic amy this and that. My sister's birthday is the 23rd as well. I'm literally never meant to forget her.

#24 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Who did the special tribute? I was in a funk for about a month after so I probably missed a lot. The news was really pissing me off with tragic amy this and that. My sister's birthday is the 23rd as well. I'm literally never meant to forget her.

MTV did a special tribute for her a few days after her passing. I think I actually posted it on the forum before. It's a pretty good tribute for her, really. Wasn't bad. I liked it.
Oh boy, that really is unfortunate. My girlfriend is always telling me how it's not her birthday anymore, it's the day Amy passed. I feel really bad because she knows I absolutely adore Amy, and there's no way I can be like, "oh yeah, it's just the day Amy passed.. Doesn't matter, your birthday is more important." Both are very important to me, you know?
I want to be happy on the 23rd for my girlfriend, but it's just going to be really hard with it also being the anniversary of Amy's passing...
Terrible situation.

2r4h89d.gif

#25 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

MTV did a special tribute for her a few days after her passing. I think I actually posted it on the forum before. It's a pretty good tribute for her, really. Wasn't bad. I liked it.
Oh boy, that really is unfortunate. My girlfriend is always telling me how it's not her birthday anymore, it's the day Amy passed. I feel really bad because she knows I absolutely adore Amy, and there's no way I can be like, "oh yeah, it's just the day Amy passed.. Doesn't matter, your birthday is more important." Both are very important to me, you know?
I want to be happy on the 23rd for my girlfriend, but it's just going to be really hard with it also being the anniversary of Amy's passing...
Terrible situation.

Unfortunately no one in my family knows how much this has affected me. I'm kind of embarrassed, actually, because while people close to me are obsessed with celebs (the people who don't really matter) no one is touched by music/art like I am so if I'm not like them then I must be crazy and that's why I keep it to myself! I find myself wanting to mention Amy and I do occasionally but never without good reason. You're lucky your girlfriend seems to understand... but I'm surprised she isn't an Amy fan too haha. I'm just glad Amy didn't pass on MY birthday! Actually I think having a significant other this past year would have helped me by taking my attention off her more or at least made it more positive but then again some people might think I'm crazy!

#26 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Unfortunately no one in my family knows how much this has affected me. I'm kind of embarrassed, actually, because while people close to me are obsessed with celebs (the people who don't really matter) no one is touched by music/art like I am so if I'm not like them then I must be crazy and that's why I keep it to myself! I find myself wanting to mention Amy and I do occasionally but never without good reason. You're lucky your girlfriend seems to understand... but I'm surprised she isn't an Amy fan too haha. I'm just glad Amy didn't pass on MY birthday! Actually I think having a significant other this past year would have helped me by taking my attention off her more or at least made it more positive but then again some people might think I'm crazy!

Oh, nobody in my family knows how much it's affected me, either. So you're not alone there. My girlfriend is an Amy fan. She can't stand that Amy passed, let alone on her birthday.
You're not crazy, haha.

2r4h89d.gif

#27 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

[MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION]: Nobody around me knows how much this means to me either. People know I like her music, but that's about it. I'm glad I can stay at home on Monday and watch everything about her all by myself.

Actually, there's another German channel showing something about Amy, 3sat. It's on tomorrow night: http://www.tvtoday.d...id=107031672644
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#28 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

I hope they broadcast something at BBC because I'm now able to watch this channel!!! :D

EDIT:

I only can watch BBC World News...:frown:

Edited by GusFromGreece, 21 July 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#29 Ruby Red Fire

Ruby Red Fire

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for posting it! I cant wait to see it!

#30 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I believe there's a 2hr long tribute on the Dutch telly tonight already!

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users