68 replies to this topic

#31 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

I hope that they eventually put this on their iplayer for the rest of the world to see

Here's a promo video that they put together for this show

I thought it was pretty funny in the part of the video where when Amy arrived in Dingle, the man asked her where her mother was, thinking that this tiny person standing before him was Amy's daughter...

I love to see her with those little nosepiercing . She did not wear it so much . I have a simular one on te same side/same place in my own nose . NOT copied it from Amy , i have it already for 40 years . Another thing i did the same as Amy : YES i pierced it also myself , long before SHE was born . Amy was wearing it only occasional , mines is definitely forever , i can't remove it anymore becouse of the construction . I was tired to loose the ones you can remove you see . Mines are always of White-Gold with Red-Ruby . A bit expensive to loose you now . :-)

#32 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well, America isn't showing anything Amy for the 23rd. Of course they won't. GOD FORBID they pay another little tribute to Amy for the one year. But I know for a fact when some untalented hack dies, such as Lil' Wayne, they'll show something on the anniversary of his death for 20 years. Fucking bullshit.
(Sorry for the language, I'm unbelievably angry.)

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#33 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

They are showing the one of her in the orange dress on Palladia at like 2am tomorrow.... but yeah it sucks! She is so underrated/appreciated here ugh!!

I was really hoping the Olympics (as strange as this sounds) would do a real tribute to her since no one else really did (thanks Grammys) and people all over the world would see it!

#34 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

I was really hoping the Olympics (as strange as this sounds) would do a real tribute to her since no one else really did (thanks Grammys) and people all over the world would see it!

That would be really out of place, but they are going to play Valerie for the opening ceremony. Bit sick of Valerie being used for tributes tbh. Teen Choice Awards are tomorrow but I doubt they'll be mentioning Amy, but that'd also be out of place imo. So many chances for a decent tribute missed last year though, what a shame. BBC radio and Jools' tribute were sweet though.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#35 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

I just watched a programme about Amy. They showed the videos of "Tears dry on their own" and "Rehab" and live footage of "You know I'm no good", "Valerie", "Back to Black" and also "Stronger than me" and "Cherry" and parts of an interview (that they stupidly dubbed when I wanted to listen to her great accent ;) ). Anyways, I started to cry like 5 minutes after it started and now I am back at 23 July 2011. She CANNOT be gone. Damn. All the pain that wasn't as strong now is back :(
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#36 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

I just watched a programme about Amy. They showed the videos of "Tears dry on their own" and "Rehab" and live footage of "You know I'm no good", "Valerie", "Back to Black" and also "Stronger than me" and "Cherry" and parts of an interview (that they stupidly dubbed when I wanted to listen to her great accent ;) ). Anyways, I started to cry like 5 minutes after it started and now I am back at 23 July 2011. She CANNOT be gone. Damn. All the pain that wasn't as strong now is back :(

I can totally relate... The closer it gets the 23rd, the harder it gets, and the more pain I feel. Although the TV won't be showing anything, I've been watching interviews and videos of her all day. I'm really starting to realize that she's gone. She won't be doing live performances anymore. She won't be recording any new music. It's ridiculous.
The pain I feel right now is very minimal compared to how it will be on the 23rd.

2r4h89d.gif

#37 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'm grateful for BBC showing this and i know in a lot of places there is no Amy realted shows at all. But bearing in mind how highly respected she is/was in the industry i'm a little disappointed this is all that is being shown on Monday, especially as the UK is where she was from. :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#38 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

In Turkey, there's a music channel called Dream TV. They always broadcast good stuff and today I heard that Dream TV is making a "AW Weekend". They play Amy's videos regularly and they play interviews, live performances of her etc. And today, they aired I Told You I Was Trouble. But I have a bad news, I was not able to watch the channel. I'm in summer house right now and the TV in that house receives 15 channels. I tried to watch it from internet and I could only watch the videos of B2B, Pumps, LIALG and live performance of Cherry and some interviews of her. But I'm happy to be able to watch tomorrow. Maybe you wonder, why am I telling about this. I just wanted you to know, I just wanted to share my happiness that seeing there are somebody who care about Amy like I do :)
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#39 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:22 AM

I can totally relate... The closer it gets the 23rd, the harder it gets, and the more pain I feel. Although the TV won't be showing anything, I've been watching interviews and videos of her all day. I'm really starting to realize that she's gone. She won't be doing live performances anymore. She won't be recording any new music. It's ridiculous.
The pain I feel right now is very minimal compared to how it will be on the 23rd.

Thanks, Liam. Yes, it's terribly sad. I thought I had overcome the pain for the greatest part, but since yesterday night it's incredibly strong again.

There is another Amy programme on German television. It starts at 11.30h on Vox (The Life and Death of Amy Winehouse). Maybe someone else can watch it, too.

I find it weird that the States don't show anything about her at all! I mean we get 4 programmes about her here!

#40 Halloweenjack

Halloweenjack

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Personal attack on other member removed - if you have only come here to run your mouth, may I suggest 4Chan? ~ Admin

Edited by Mama_Haze, 27 July 2012 - 11:15 AM.
See body text

#41 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

I hope that they eventually put this on their iplayer for the rest of the world to see

Here's a promo video that they put together for this show

I thought it was pretty funny in the part of the video where when Amy arrived in Dingle, the man asked her where her mother was, thinking that this tiny person standing before him was Amy's daughter...

The "she came with her spindly little legs and mental hair" comment made me laugh.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#42 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I just hope someone post full Dingle doc. on YouTube one day...
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#43 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Thanks, Liam. Yes, it's terribly sad. I thought I had overcome the pain for the greatest part, but since yesterday night it's incredibly strong again.

There is another Amy programme on German television. It starts at 11.30h on Vox (The Life and Death of Amy Winehouse). Maybe someone else can watch it, too.

I find it weird that the States don't show anything about her at all! I mean we get 4 programmes about her here!

I thought I had overcome the pain as well, but as the date of her passing got closer, I realized I haven't. I probably never will be completely over it, honestly.
At least some places are showing things about Amy on television. That makes me happy. :)
Eh, the United States isn't fond of showing things about talented people on television. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

:confused:WOW...I thought this was a forum about Amy -- You seem to just want people to hear about you --

It is a forum about Amy. [MENTION=2338]Johanna[/MENTION] was just talking about their own nose piercing. What's wrong with that?

2r4h89d.gif

#44 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

I thought I had overcome the pain as well, but as the date of her passing got closer, I realized I haven't. I probably never will be completely over it, honestly.
At least some places are showing things about Amy on television. That makes me happy. :)
Eh, the United States isn't fond of showing things about talented people on television. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

It is a forum about Amy. @Johanna was just talking about their own nose piercing. What's wrong with that?

The documentary they showed today was from last year! At the very least in the end they wrote that she died because of alcohol poisoning, because the documentary itself said it might have been drug overdose. They didn't correct any of the other mistakes they made though (like calling Dionne her niece), but since they called Amy an "icon", a "legend" and a "musical goddess" several times, I can live with that :D

Regarding Johanna I think [MENTION=3097]Halloweenjack[/MENTION] meant that she has been talking about herself a couple of times in the last week, like "I have the same piercing", "I have the same tattoo", "I have the same eyes as Amy" and "Amy and I are so similar we could be twins".

#45 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

The documentary they showed today was from last year! At the very least in the end they wrote that she died because of alcohol poisoning, because the documentary itself said it might have been drug overdose. They didn't correct any of the other mistakes they made though (like calling Dionne her niece), but since they called Amy an "icon", a "legend" and a "musical goddess" several times, I can live with that :D

Regarding Johanna I think @Halloweenjack meant that she has been talking about herself a couple of times in the last week, like "I have the same piercing", "I have the same tattoo", "I have the same eyes as Amy" and "Amy and I are so similar we could be twins".

Well, at least you got to see a little something about Amy on TV. :) I really can't understand why there's nothing scheduled for Amy here. It's a bit upsetting.

I understand. What Halloweenjack said came off a bit disrespectful, which is why I addressed it. No big deal. :)

2r4h89d.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users