36 replies to this topic

#31 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

She says and sings my real name throughout the song, so it rocks my world :glee:
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#32 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

So, would it be Amy's last recorded song if there was no "Body and Soul"? I'm wondering if there was something else done in the studio between those two.

And yes, I like it. It's so Amy even though it's a cover.

Edited by ancre, 21 August 2012 - 11:26 AM.

"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#33 No Good

No Good

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

what's the meaning of "sisters come before carpet burns and blisters" ?

She is saying "carpet burns", meaning basically sex marks. Not to sound explicit, but having sex, and your body being rubbed on the carpet, gives you carpet burns. I remember people in school used to pick on the girls who were having sex, joking that they had "carpet burns" on their knees, lol. So, Amy is basically telling Judy, "we come before sex." ;-)

#34 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

She is saying "carpet burns", meaning basically sex marks. Not to sound explicit, but having sex, and your body being rubbed on the carpet, gives you carpet burns. I remember people in school used to pick on the girls who were having sex, joking that they had "carpet burns" on their knees, lol. So, Amy is basically telling Judy, "we come before sex." ;-)

And how about "blisters" in this context? 'Cause it's "carpet burns and blisters".

#35 No Good

No Good

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

And how about "blisters" in this context? 'Cause it's "carpet burns and blisters".

That I don't know, but I always assumed she meant being "burned" by a guy. A blister is from a burn. Maybe she means having sex with a guy, and afterwards he "burns" you. Makes sense, to me.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

"Carpet burns" in "No Good" is referred in the same sexual context. "Then you notice a little carpet burn, my stomach dropped and my guts churned." He saw the carpet burns and knew she was having sex with someone else.

#36 Cariena

Cariena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

I love it. it's raw Amy!

#37 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Quincy Jones met Amy on Nelson Mandela Birthday concert and said:

She's a smart little girl. She knew all the records I made with Dinah Washington all those years ago. I asked her if she would contribute a song to the album. I asked her first to do [Lesley Gore’s]‘You Don’t Owe Me,’ and she said she wanted to do ‘It’s My Party.’

It sounds like Amy. What can I say, man? Nobody sounds like her. She's been going through a lot of stuff, but she came on through, man. Everybody was saying “You’ll never get her” and all that stuff. “Blah blah blah…” You know how the press is today — it’s lethal, with [all the] haters and negative shit. But she and Mark came on in and they did it. She has a great voice. She’s from another planet.

Source (Andy Greene for "Rolling Stone"): http://www.rollingst...7#ixzz24kcIVWnT

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

That I don't know, but I always assumed she meant being "burned" by a guy. A blister is from a burn. Maybe she means having sex with a guy, and afterwards he "burns" you. Makes sense, to me.

Really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users